• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. S

Paintless Dent Removal, North West and West Yorkshire

Just had http://www.dentvanishltd.co.uk/ out to deal with some car park scars on the passenger door of my Civic. Cant recommend them highly enough, quick, competitively priced and the dents are completely gone. I thought it'd be a major job with the door card coming out and the dent pushed...
  2. S

Kit

Quick query, I'm getting access to a friend of a friends inspection pit to fit a Mugen Twinloop, what do I need other than the exhaust? The twinloop is 2nd hand so no gaskets came with it Thanks in advance
  3. S

That plastic bit with the cable tie.....

..... over the battery, how the dickens does one remove said item? Or is it a brute force and cry a bit job?
  4. S

Does the EP3 come with an upper rear strut as standard?

Just been cleaning my boot out and took the carpet out, to find what looked like an upper rear strut!!! Just black tubing, but fitted where i'd expect the upper strut to go
  5. S

Insurance and Road Tax

Am in the process of selling a vehicle that has been SORN for a few monthes, does anyone know how long I have to insure it for in order for the insurance to show up on the DVLA's Road Tax website? Or will I need a Certificate of Insurance and do it at the Post Office? Thanks
  6. S

An idea

Just a thought I had while bored in work today, my CTR is coming up for service soon and I have some down time I'm thinking of having the car dynoed before and after the service to see if there are any major changes Good idea? Or £80 up the wazzoo?
  7. S

Strut Braces and Fast Road setup

Am looking at getting upper front (J's), upper rear (Spoon) and lower tie bar (carbing) fitted, along with a fast road set up at TDi north what will this do to the ride quality etc?
  8. S

Ponderances

I've just acquired a Mugen exhaust and was wondering if i can paint the unpolished bits to give em a bit of protection? Its in great nick as it is but i'd like that to last quite a while if at all possible! Can I just use hammerite or similar for this or is it best left alone? Also, are...
  9. S

What constitutes corrosion on a wheel?

Just been giving my 06 EP3 a damn good washing (i think), and when it came to the wheels I came across some black garbage that wouldnt shift and also what appeared to be rust, I gave it a brief going over with a clay bar and while it brought off some of the crud, there was more to go and almost...
  10. S

Rear Wiper

Is the main stealer the only option for this? It looks frighteningly similar to my old megane wiper, and only place for them was Renault. Ebay have retrofit ones, even aero blades, but they dont look like they have the cowling type affair on them
  11. S

Condenser or Earthing Kit?

Is there likely to be any significant difference in either system? Is the effect on the dimming noticeable? Is much about them noticeable in fact?
  12. S

The plastic bit in premier seats

Hi, does anyone know if the plastic surrounds that are at neck height in the Recaro seats are available? Or even what they are actually called! Thanks
  13. S

Silver interior bits

Anyone know what the closest shade of paint is? Halfrauds or otherwise Cheers
  14. S

Main dealer oils

Have been ringing round local dealerships to get an idea of prices for a 24 month service and also what oil they are using, one offered Q8, one offered Shell helix and another offered me "honda specific" Castrol SLX and claimed it was £10 a litre, how much truth is there to what SLX man told me...
  15. S

Brake wear

Just been to get my car (5 days to fix a reverse light fault and then they blow the rear wiper fuse 9chumps)) and they have done a Honda Happiness health check on my 06 CTR, everythings fine but they grade the brakes as 25% worn on the back and 65% on the front, is this ratio normal? I've...
  16. S

Facelift lights

H1 for the dipped and 501 for the sides right? Its a premier if that makes any difference? This is all because I was out of my car with the headlights on and the sides are utter yellow gash
  17. S

How many handbrake clicks?

How many times does your handbrake click when you ratchet it up? My 06 EP3 can be clicked 13 times, and at 9 or below the handbrake isnt fully engaged on a hill. Both my previous car, an 03 Megane, and my sisters 06 Leon have handbrakes that are solid as a rock at two or three clicks, and...
Back