• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. jon82

Put OEM airbox back on and now no vtec! Please help

Hi, Took my k&N typhoon off today and put standard airbox back on. Just been for a drive and now I have no vtec. The oil level is fine and it was working fine with the typhoon on. Please help. Thanks.
  2. jon82

Bumper colour?

Hi Sorry if this is the wrong section but didn't know where to put this to be honest. I have a 2004 satin silver ep3 which I've had just over a year now and recently noticed the front and rear bumper are both a slightly different colour to the rest of the car so I just presumed they'd been...
  3. jon82

Bonnet

Hi, I have noticed my bonnet isn't sat quite flush there is a bigger gap above the driver side headlight and wing compared to passenger side. Does anyone know how I can sort this? Can they be adjusted maybe? It's not That bad but I keep looking at it now and it's doing my head in! Thanks.
  4. jon82

Will I notice a difference?

Hi chaps, I currently have a k&N typhoon fitted but am going to put standard intake back on. Opened the box up tonight and the filter is filthy so been looking on eBay and a genuine OEM filter is around 20 quid but also looked at the k&N filters which are over 40 quid. Would I notice any...
  5. jon82

Servicing in Leeds/ Wakefield area?

Hi guys, Due my big service in may, can anyone reccomend any good independents in my area who do a good job? Haven't had a quote of Honda but from reading other posts I'm sure it will be a silly price. Thanks.
  6. jon82

New injen cai

Hi guys, At the moment I have a typhoon but must say the car felt quicker as standard. I have been on funky power today looking to buy a AEM cai as I have heard they are very good but also saw a new cai kit from injen at £235 quid, tenner more than the AEM. Just want to know if anyone's got...
  7. jon82

H4 bulb connector fault?

Hi guys, I put new bulbs in the ep3 a couple of week back and after fitting the bulbs kept going on and off. I checked they were fitted correctly which they were but noticed the connectors were all corroded so I bought a pair of H4 connectors from halfords and had a garage fit them. The...
  8. jon82

AEM cai on eBay?

I am currently watching a AEM induction kit on eBay. I think it's a cai but the seller isn't sure either just need someone to verify this for me, its currently at £70.00 with 12 hours to go and the seller is called "yeahano" Sorry I don't know how to get the link, using iPhone. Thanks.
  9. jon82

which bulb?

Hi guys, low beam bulb has blown so went to motor world today and the bloke give me a pair of h4,s after looking through his book for the right bulb. was about to replace them but noticed the new bulbs have 3 pins and the old ones only have 2 pins. have i got the wrong bulbs or will these fit...
  10. jon82

mintex discs and pads?

hi all, so my rear discs and pads have absolutely had it and i was just thinking if anyone might have any advice for me before buying? i have seen a set of rear discs and pads on ebay for £55.00 delivered i know the ferodos have top notch reviews on here but just after something that will work...
  11. jon82

205/45 or 215/40

hi guys, been looking at getting a set of parada spec 2,s but not sure whether to get 215/40 or 205/45 can anyone tell what the difference is? will they handle better/worse? wear quicker/last longer? fit without catching etc etc.. i dont know anything about tyres lol so any advice will be most...
  12. jon82

Speakers?

Hi, Does anyone know what the wattage is of the standard ep3 door speakers?
  13. jon82

scuttle panel?

hey up all, just been looking at the tegiwa induction kit and it says the scuttle panel will need modifing. can anyone enlighten me? dont even know the scuttle panel looks like :cool:
  14. jon82

confused about oil level?

hi all, car was serviced before i picked it up about 3 weeks ago and noticed yesterday my oil level was just below the bottom 1 litre mark so checked it again this morning from flat cold and still same so topped it up with a full litre bottle and the level on dipstick has barely moved. its on...
  15. jon82

which oil for best consumption?

hi all, in my previous type R it was running on castrol edge 0w 30 and it was absolutely eating it! my new car was serviced before i collected it and he used castrol 5w 30. i am going to have to buy a bottle already after only owning the car for a few weeks to top up so was just wandering what...
  16. jon82

2004 satin silver ep3

http://i947.photobucket.com/albums/ad314/jon1982/Snapbucket/A1EF9245-orig.jpg
  17. jon82

type R owners stickers

hi, does any one know where i can get hold of some type R owners.co.uk stickers? thanks.
  18. jon82

rusty issue?

hi guys, just noticed today i have have a very small paint chip which has rusted just under the driver side rear window. will it get worse if i leave it? will a touch up pen cover it and keep it protected? never dealt with a rust problem before so any advice will be most appreciated. thanks.
  19. jon82

is there much difference?

ok, had the aem v2 on my old ctr and without a doubt it was awesome but at the moment really cant afford one so i have been looking at the k&n typhoon which looks very similar to the v2. can anyone tell me if the typoon is any good or is it worth saving a bit longer for the V2? thanks in advance.
  20. jon82

it feels so good to be back!

hey up guys, well, had to sell the civic a couple of years back due to baby. but, i always said i would get another one and today i have bought a 2004 ep3 type R in silver with full service history and only 42,000 miles on the clock. it really is in awesome condition with brand new refurbed...
  21. jon82

steering wheel still not central!

hi guys took my car for 4 wheel alignment/tracking doing on wednesday as my steering wheel is,nt central, the tracking is spot on, so switched the front and rear tyres around when i got home, still having the same problem with the steering wheel not straight! any ideas of what the problem...
  22. jon82

all it wants to do is go left!!

hello y,all been having a problem with the civic driving left all the time, when the steering wheel is dead straight so took it for the tracking doing on saturday at just tyres in wakefield after they,d finished took it for a spin and problem still there so took it straight back, after about...
  23. jon82

another little problem!

hi guys, this might sound like a daft question but when driving and the steering wheel is straight my car is pulling heavily left, am i right in thinking its the tracking or is it something else??
  24. jon82

squeaking noise from standing start

hey guys my ep3,s been making a high pitch squeaking noise when setting off, if you set really slow it doesn't do it but a bit of revs and clutch up and sqeaking like hell only lasts for about 2-3 seconds but its doing my head in! anyone else had this problem? or any ideas what it could be...
  25. jon82

brake dust!

ive tried all sorts to get my rims looking like new but the brake dust in corners wont shift! what do u guys use?
  26. jon82

Do you want to fettle with my exhaust.

I havent got enough posts to be selling these wheels.
  27. jon82

whys my ep3 eating so much oil?

ive just had my ep3 seviced on 1st october everything was fine apart from they said its using too much oil. i had it in a week earlier for a diagnostic check and they topped up the oil and checked the whole car over for a silly noise which has now gone but does any 1 know whats happening with...
Back