• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Bumper colour?

Hi

Sorry if this is the wrong section but didn't know where to put this to be honest.
I have a 2004 satin silver ep3 which I've had just over a year now and recently noticed the front and rear bumper are both a slightly different colour to the rest of the car so I just presumed they'd been resprayed but after looking on the trader this morning all the satin silver ep3,s I've seen are the same as mine with the different colour bumpers. You have to look close to notice but why have Honda done this?

You will find, looking at say, the front bumper and wing from the same angle, they will be a closer match than looking at them both from a standing position because the fleck/flake/metallic in the paint will stand out more on the bumper because you are looking at it from a truer angle .

Needless to say they may be a little different as the bumpers are painted separately to the bodywork, like the spoiler, mirrors etc.

My Storm Silver CR-Z has this problem as do all other CR-Z's I have seen in the same colour. Very annoying, other none Honda cars seem to be ok....

My ctr is the same as is all honda's i have seen. i think it's because the bumpers are plastic compared to the metal panels

Back