• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scobie140

92K Service

Yes give or take a few month can't remember milage. I go with milage and just keep an eye on the condition of oil belts etc.
  2. scobie140

92K Service

My Ep3 has reached 92K now, My handbook and service manual is packed away in storage while we are waiting on the house to be built so had a search on here for service intervals and what is due but not found anything too clear. Going to do the service myself as I plan on keeping the car as long...
  3. scobie140

Stainless Creations Falkirk

Thats alot to pay for a small car! £410 and thats with two box's. they originally quoted £460 for two boxs and £380 for one box but i said £460 was jus too much out my budget and they brought it down to £410
  4. scobie140

Stainless Creations Falkirk

Got a full system done by them last week. Very impressed and they got it sounding just perfect for me, Sporty on accelaration but quiet crusing on the motorway. Larger bore than standard and a subtle standard style twin outlet(I wanted Duel twin but was going to be too costly for bodyshop etc)...
  5. scobie140

Rear splitter/ valance for dual exhaust?

A bit of a thread from the dead but ended up just getting the full custom system with the standard looking twin exit, the duel exit was going to cost too much and its even at my upper limets for this since i should really be saving for moving house in march. Pick the car up tomorow so hopefully...
  6. scobie140

No VTEC - long post.

Yeh i know what you mean just didn't know if they worked as they are so cheap yet the garages softwhere costs a fortune, obviosly there more sophisticated. I think ill get one next time i get paid as could be handy to have lying around
  7. scobie140

No VTEC - long post.

Did the lead work? as since its cheap then it could be worth me buying incase anything crops up in the future
  8. scobie140

Cheers for the link was spot on for what i needed,at least i know it can be done withe the original. I'll need to speek to the company that does the exhaust and see if they could modify it themselves or would need to outsource it to a bodyshop. If i do go for the duel i won't be going for the...
  9. scobie140

Yeh i seen that but the bumper cost about£300+ then you would need to add the cost of painting and fitting its just aint worth it for the sake of an exhaust. I was more looking to find a replacement splitter/valance which would be able to pull off the duel exhaust that way i'm not spending...
  10. scobie140

My exhaust needs to be replaced and i'll be getting the money in a few month to do so. Thought i'd treat myself to a new custom Dual Exit exhaust. Only problem being that the standard rear valance on the ep3 has a section cut out on the right hand side for the standard exhaust, so sticking a...
  11. scobie140

Need help with blowers

just remove it and test it with a multimeter on the resistance setting. I cant remember off the top of my head what ports you test but a quick google should throw it up if it isn't in one of my links
  12. scobie140

Need help with blowers

Here my two threads http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?65702-Help!-Heater-Problem http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?65741-Need-help-finding-a-resistor Its a quick and easy to check and cheap to fix, the honda garage wanted about £50 when i phoned them for the...
  13. scobie140

Need help with blowers

I had this in the cold snap at chirstmas, it done my nut in! i had the full heating system stripped out and tested, but eventually narrowed it down the the veriable resistor which is behind the glove box then behind the ecu. just went to the scrappies and got one off a requalr civic and its been...
  14. scobie140

Need help finding a resistor

Yeh it was a pain when it was freezing and i had to stop to scrape inside and outside the car :lol: If it happens again i'll know whats wrong and i've had it in and out that many times i could do it in my sleep in 5min
  15. scobie140

Sorted! got a new power transistor fromt he scrappie's and problem solved. Thanks to all of you who helped me narrow it down and solve the problem.
  16. scobie140

Yeh i had the fan out as i thought it would be a problem with the blower motor it was a bit dirty and i found bits of a leaf. I spent ages lloking for it till i got help on here on its location. Im going to the scrappies tomorow with a mate so will pick up a new resistor unit while im there...
  17. scobie140

cheers bud ill give that a check when i get some time, i hope its not the wiring as its tight to with little play so would be hard to make any adjustments to it
  18. scobie140

Yeh thats what it said before i soldiered on the new resisitor. ok ill do that and what result should i be looking for if its fine/ faulty? would this be a problem with the wiring or with the resister unit?
  19. scobie140

Well soldierd the resisitor onto the power transistor and got the correct ohms reading but when plugged in it still didn't work, untill i accidently touched the body of the cooling fins agains a metal bit in the car then it came on gull power with no way of adjusting it or turning it off. So i...
  20. scobie140

Last bump,someone must know
  21. scobie140

me too, hope someone will have an answer for me by tomorow morning so i can get it fixed. Cheers for your help so far
  22. scobie140

Any sparkies know what reading i should be looking for on the multimeter if the resistor is broken? need to get this fixed asap
  23. scobie140

Found this http://www.honda-tech.com/showthread.php?t=2041582 but my microchip board is layed out slightly diffrent but has all the same components on it. when testing for resistance on the two points it says to test the multimeter doesnt give a reading. Does that mean its 0Ohms and needs the...
  24. scobie140

Thats the pic i was looking for, cheers Right after wrestling with the ECU and the wire connector finally got it out . I have a multi meter here how do i test it to see if its faulty??
  25. scobie140

cheers ill give that bash once i go and get the vin number. i for the life of me cand fine it and its about to get dark :(
  26. scobie140

On going from this thred http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65702 Im looking for the resitor that comes after the blower power switch which i belive should look like this...
  27. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Right did that at the end of work and found no problems there. So im totaly stumped :( anyone think of any other things to check? the sparkies at work said there would be a resistor that came after the power control switch on the center console and that i should find that and get that...
  28. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Took the full thing out and got the sparkies to put 12v through it and it run fine so now know its not the blower motor or resistor they also checked the relay for me and that was working fine aswell. that only leaves the resistor on the power setter. any of you's know how to get the top half...
  29. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

right well ill go back down and remove the dome bit and take it to the sparky workshop they might be able to confirm it for me then all i need to do is order a new part.if its not that then its either the relay or the motor hopefully the resistor as that should be cheap to replace id imagine.
  30. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Right so the connector that the wires goes into at the bottom of the motor on the little dome bit is the resistor? should just pull out by the look of it? ill ask one of our sparks to test it for me. what results should i expect if this is the problem? no current will pass through am i right
  31. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

It won't load on the work computer as its social networking apparently, is it jus a phillips screwdriver i need to remove the glove box and ill just wing it?
  32. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Cheers ill nip down once you post them and check again
  33. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

What am i looking for with that? got a quick how to on getting to it?
  34. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Checked the fuse thats fine,checked all the ones under the dash as a few were to be checked against the manuel for their purpose and they were all fine but no the engin management light is on but that should clear hopefully after a few runs. any other ideas?
  35. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Started the car this morning only to find the blowers were on the blink. They worked perfectly fine last night but totally dead thismorning. So had to drive to work contiunually stopping to scrape both the inside and the outside of the windscreen so i could see. Any one any ideas on what the...
  36. scobie140

Rattle!!!

Fixed one rattle now got an other :( The heatsheild/protector sheild on my cat was compleatly rusted and rattling badly so i finnaly got round to removing it tonight, only to start the car and when reved above 1.5k a nice new rattle coming from what seems to be the b pipe. was on my own so...
  37. scobie140

Has anyone ever bought these EP3 deflectors?

I have them, they were fine for a while then the middle started sagging and sisn't sit in the window anymore. So took them out an bought M3 sticky pads and used them plus the clips and same again started sagging so ordred more clips and new sticky pads and fell down again :( Only seems to be...
  38. scobie140

Interior screws

When changinf my cd player i lost a nut and a socket and never managed to find them again, but they don't rattle so its all good :)
  39. scobie140

Your AEM questions answered.

Gay!! i've jus bought a injen replica off here and now hte fitting sounds like it could be a bu**er :(
  40. scobie140

Wing mirror help

Wont be buying from that seller again! i bought the heated convexed mirror with back plate for £13 and recived a standard mirror with sticky pads and an air freshner which i could have bought sepratly for less than a fiver. No amused !!! :@
  41. scobie140

Wing mirror help

I know sorry. I tryed to type it up quickly whilst i was at work ment to be working. ive ordred one of them now so hope it fits
  42. scobie140

Wing mirror help

But i only need the glass so don't want to be spending money on parts i dont need, it looks weird without it lol
  43. scobie140

Wing mirror help

Someone kindly hit my passengerside wing mirror when parked lastnight so need a new one :mad: will this one be ok...
  44. scobie140

Spoonified my OEM Ti gearknob

I polished mine up in on of the laiths at work then got on eof the turners to polish it after me and the finish was immense, but after a few month its all scuffed and scratched again :( did you just use burning gear to get the colour effect?
  45. scobie140

Any young CTR drivers?

i'm 20 2years ncb and a write off to my name when i 1st started driving and its all under my own name for £1300 will bell
  46. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

Right made some progress, got in touch witht he company that sells them and they are going to send me more clips for couple of quid. So when they arrive ill give it all a good clean and put on doublesided tape again along with the clips and hope for the best, failing that ill jus need to...
  47. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

Sorry grammar and spelling aren't my strong point that's why i don't post much, it saves getting slated for them :lol:
  48. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

I tryed that and it lasted about a month then started slipping away again. Is it possible to get any more of the wee metal clips you get with them? i tryed making my own at work but we don't have nothing thin enough that i can find
  49. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

Fair enough if it's a wear and tear object or a precious object but for a flimsy bit of dark plastic then it's all just about branding
  50. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

No!! i'm a scrooge! ;)
  51. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

Right here goes, I got them from HKS(think that's the name) wind deflectors off ebay a few months ago, stuck them in and all was fine until the middle started to sag down and fall out of the window lip. so i used the m3 sticky pads to hold them back in place and all was fine for a month until...
  52. scobie140

Best mod for over the hill suspension?

Ahh well spelling never was my strong point :lol:
  53. scobie140

How no? it's not in the dictionary but it's a well used word, unless it's spelt differently?
  54. scobie140

My NHB

What do you mean about height diffrence? i want to notice it aswell lol
  55. scobie140

An other dig at the scots? lol its well better than possibly :p
  56. scobie140

Hmm mines is a bit squeaky i should mibi have a look at the suspension aswell at some point
  57. scobie140

My NHB

Looks good, i like the look of the alloys. Any other plans for it?
  58. scobie140

Rear Speakers

Cheers mate ill have a go at that somtime soon
  59. scobie140

Rear Speakers

Ahh stupid question this but i've never tryed taking the back bench out,is it hard to do? will plugging the + into the - and vice versa not damage the speakers?
  60. scobie140

Rear Speakers

Does anyone know how to get into the rear speakers? and when found does anyone know whats the positive and negative colour will be? Eletrical stuff isnt my strong point :confused:
  61. scobie140

anybody seen this before?

Thats pretty expensive for what is basicly a open cone, would be cheaper getting a good open cone and locating it at the grill,not as pretty but it would be much cheaper and most likely do the same job
  62. scobie140

When to replace clutch?

Ocht mines is 78k so clutch can't be too far away from needing done :(
  63. scobie140

standard alarm be set to chirp on arming/disarming??

Mines beeps if one of the doors isn't closed properly when you try to lock it,quite handy when the misses doesnt slam the door hard enough
  64. scobie140

Petrol Tank

When this happens to me i jus pull it out a bit and try that or hold it at more of an angle and they usually do the trick
  65. scobie140

De cat advice??

I have a mgnex one i bough of a guy on here but never got round to fitting it and happy with my current set up i could sell you it if your intrested pm me ;)
  66. scobie140

Ep3 coolant leak

Yeh got your PM, but just ordred new front tryres for my mot so will need to wait to make sure it passes that before i spend money as i might need to fix anthing that shows up but ill let you know when its passed if i stll have the money for it.
  67. scobie140

Ep3 coolant leak

Cheers ill have a swatch next time im out at the car. Sorry pa-vtec for hijacking your thread
  68. scobie140

Ep3 coolant leak

This is prob a stupid question but i haven't got a clue where the coolent bottle is in mine ot check the level lol, I cant find the hand book and don't really have the time/weather to be standing scratching my head under the bonnet :(
  69. scobie140

Which magnex?

I'd say twin,but if you decide to put the ovel on and want to sell the twin drop me pm as id be intrested for the right price ;)
  70. scobie140

Tyres and profile??

Well ill need to put up with a pull for a while then, the holidays an essential i despratly need a break from work Yeh if i had realised my mot was due this soon i would have done that but i had the wrong month in my head :( Usually i could afford the rubber but everythings hitting me all in a...
  71. scobie140

Tyres and profile??

Changing all four isn't an option as im skint and got road tax to worry about next month aswell then a holiday in june that i've not even started saving for
  72. scobie140

Tyres and profile??

Ok i need two new front tyres for my mot but don't fancy the bridgestones again as therey gash in the wet and too noisey for my liking. how do people rate TOYO - PROXES T1-R, TOYO - PX4, YOKOHAMA - PARADA 2? Also the profile of all the tyres on the car are 205/17/35 this was due to the previous...
  73. scobie140

Cnut bags!

This happned to me last week but i hadn't got as far as removing the wheels yet so was all good just a bumpy landing :) two scissor jacks were minced though :mad: the best part was i was jacking it up to put the axil stands under and had just took my arm out from under it to check if it would...
  74. scobie140

O2 Sensor cheat for decat pipe

May be getting this and the decat's paid for so thats my £100 blew but should be acheive a slight noise increase hopefully plus ill do the hondata mod if i get the time :)
  75. scobie140

Best EP3 Exhaust System for max bhp & good sound (budget not a problem)

Cheers i get it all now,i thought the cat and center section were all one part and thought b- pipe was just a less restrictive cat.I understand now tho :)
  76. scobie140

Best EP3 Exhaust System for max bhp & good sound (budget not a problem)

so a decat is diffrent from the b pipe?
  77. scobie140

Ep3 cat replacement help

Every days a school day :cool:
  78. scobie140

Ep3 cat replacement help

If ran un mapped would it still be fine but with zero gains?
  79. scobie140

Im not a member so cant see it :( ill try regestering later if i get the chance The chances of me getting a Kpro are about the same as me winning the lottery lol i just don't have the spare cash for anthing that extreme :( thats why im trying to do small subtle mods that even if others don't...
  80. scobie140

Yeh, i was wanting a new b pipe but can't find one cheap enough so going to try this :)
  81. scobie140

Well i may be buying a decat tomorrow if i get the money im owed tonight,would you be willing to sell me a pair?
  82. scobie140

Are the non foulers easy to get? how do i know what size ill need?
  83. scobie140

I know this is an old thread,but can anyone shed any light on this? does the spark plug antifouler method work?
  84. scobie140

windscreen problems?

Mines does this ocasionally,when on a long drive open the window ajar with the heaters blowing on the wondscreen and that helps blow moisture in the car out or leave the car runing with the A/C on for 15min as im pretty sure it removes moisture from the air via dehumidifier.i may be talking alot...
  85. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

Pink wire moded slightly to fit in there and it works a charm :D cheers for all the help guys
  86. scobie140

Could you fit a 215 or 225 on a standard 205 CTR rim?

Yeah I thought it would have a bad effect on it, the fronts need replacing soon anyway so i'll solve that problem in a few months.
  87. scobie140

Could you fit a 215 or 225 on a standard 205 CTR rim?

The previous owner of mine has 205/35/17s all round so i think ill put it back up to 215/40/17 when it comes to renewal
  88. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

Id be happy with it working in anyway possible lol,i dont mind if it only works when the hand break is on,i just want the easiest way to get it to work.ill take it out again tomorow or wed night and have an other looks and see if can find this green wire and connect it to somthing earthy
  89. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

hmm id have to take it all out again but somthign tells me that it may have been chopped as i cant remember any long single wires,well there was maybe a blue one??
  90. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

No book so all guess work:confused: , the joys of getting it from fleabay Haha is that a long green wire from the cdplayer that i need to connect to an other long green wire? sorry for all the noobish questions but eletrics just go over my head thats why god invented sparkies lol
  91. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

ahh cheers,will this wire be labled? or have anything significant about it? and how will i know it its positive or negative?
  92. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

I bought a ripspeed dv720 dvd head unit from ebay and fitted it.all was fine and working untill i tryed a dvd in it. It came up a warning message saying that it was illigal to watch a dvd whilst driving and that i shoudl lapply the emergancy break, This was whilst parked up in my drive so don't...
  93. scobie140

Help!!!

Well eventually got the bolts undone and the head unit swapped over but the ariel plug has came out when i was cramming the thing back together so will have to suffer more wee niggly cuts to get it out again and fix that. The socket is nowhere to be seen and doesn't rattle sp far so all good :)
  94. scobie140

Help!!!

Was trying to loosed the 8mm bolts off to let me take the center console out and couldnt get in with a spanner so tryed a socket only for it to fall way down inside the console. Will this cause any problems? any help on finding the socket?
  95. scobie140

best drop in filter for stock airbox

Bloody slow works computers
  96. scobie140

best drop in filter for stock airbox

The answer to this would be helpful to me also as i may do the hondata mod and drop a new filter in
  97. scobie140

Removing the driveshaft heatshield

Ahh,is this a major problem or will it be ok to leave? any side affects? sorry for being off topic on your thread
  98. scobie140

Removing the driveshaft heatshield

Is this the rattle on cold start up you are on about? Because that bugs me aswell
  99. scobie140

wind deflectors... any good?

Makes a big diffrence to the smell of it i think, Nice subtle vinilla air freshner smell due to no fags or a mixture of stale smoke and four magic trees of diffrent scents to try and mask the smoke smell,my cars smell beats the misses hands down :cool:
  100. scobie140

wind deflectors... any good?

I got the cheapo ones i think they look good but i got them for the looks since i don't smoke and the misses isn't allowed to smoke in the car.
Back