• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. scobie140

92K Service

My Ep3 has reached 92K now, My handbook and service manual is packed away in storage while we are waiting on the house to be built so had a search on here for service intervals and what is due but not found anything too clear. Going to do the service myself as I plan on keeping the car as long...
  2. scobie140

Stainless Creations Falkirk

Got a full system done by them last week. Very impressed and they got it sounding just perfect for me, Sporty on accelaration but quiet crusing on the motorway. Larger bore than standard and a subtle standard style twin outlet(I wanted Duel twin but was going to be too costly for bodyshop etc)...
  3. scobie140

Rear splitter/ valance for dual exhaust?

My exhaust needs to be replaced and i'll be getting the money in a few month to do so. Thought i'd treat myself to a new custom Dual Exit exhaust. Only problem being that the standard rear valance on the ep3 has a section cut out on the right hand side for the standard exhaust, so sticking a...
  4. scobie140

Need help finding a resistor

On going from this thred http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=65702 Im looking for the resitor that comes after the blower power switch which i belive should look like this...
  5. scobie140

Help! Heater Problem

Started the car this morning only to find the blowers were on the blink. They worked perfectly fine last night but totally dead thismorning. So had to drive to work contiunually stopping to scrape both the inside and the outside of the windscreen so i could see. Any one any ideas on what the...
  6. scobie140

Rattle!!!

Fixed one rattle now got an other :( The heatsheild/protector sheild on my cat was compleatly rusted and rattling badly so i finnaly got round to removing it tonight, only to start the car and when reved above 1.5k a nice new rattle coming from what seems to be the b pipe. was on my own so...
  7. scobie140

Wing mirror help

Someone kindly hit my passengerside wing mirror when parked lastnight so need a new one :mad: will this one be ok...
  8. scobie140

Help Wind deflectors

Right here goes, I got them from HKS(think that's the name) wind deflectors off ebay a few months ago, stuck them in and all was fine until the middle started to sag down and fall out of the window lip. so i used the m3 sticky pads to hold them back in place and all was fine for a month until...
  9. scobie140

Rear Speakers

Does anyone know how to get into the rear speakers? and when found does anyone know whats the positive and negative colour will be? Eletrical stuff isnt my strong point :confused:
  10. scobie140

Tyres and profile??

Ok i need two new front tyres for my mot but don't fancy the bridgestones again as therey gash in the wet and too noisey for my liking. how do people rate TOYO - PROXES T1-R, TOYO - PX4, YOKOHAMA - PARADA 2? Also the profile of all the tyres on the car are 205/17/35 this was due to the previous...
  11. scobie140

DVD Head Unit problem

I bought a ripspeed dv720 dvd head unit from ebay and fitted it.all was fine and working untill i tryed a dvd in it. It came up a warning message saying that it was illigal to watch a dvd whilst driving and that i shoudl lapply the emergancy break, This was whilst parked up in my drive so don't...
  12. scobie140

Help!!!

Was trying to loosed the 8mm bolts off to let me take the center console out and couldnt get in with a spanner so tryed a socket only for it to fall way down inside the console. Will this cause any problems? any help on finding the socket?
  13. scobie140

Side lights help

One of my side lights is out so i need to replace it. firstly i did try the search but could only find stuff in relation to the facelift ep3 and i have prefacelift so wasnt 100% sure. What type of replacement bulb will i need? how to get into them as i hear their a pain in the a$$ to get to...
  14. scobie140

Advice please

Any one tryed these?? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&item=200284294247 I just don't fancy paying £100 for the JDM ones when its simply molded plastic. Also if i purchased this...
  15. scobie140

Handbrake tightening

OK, I've had a search on here for a thread on tightening the handbrake on my new ep3. but can only find posts that say there's a thread but no one actually links it and i can't find it :( if any one knows how to do so then could they please tell me how, as mines is quite slack.i would usually...
  16. scobie140

New car :D

Just put a deposit down on a 52plate civic type r last night and picking it up on friday after its been serviced :D not got many plans for it just tint the back 3 windows quite dark and maybe light tints on the front two so if anyones got any good places that do tints in the falkirk area id like...
Back