• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. 9006

Steering Rack

Hey. Had an MOT on my ep3, it passed ok but I was issued with an Advisory Notice saying: 001 Slight play felt in steering rack nearside front I was just wondering what this is? Will I have to get this sorted? I'm not technical when it comes to the machanics of the car. Cheers...
  2. 9006

Brakes Upgrade

Ditto
  3. 9006

Vague feeling steering under hard acceleration

Tyre and pressure I bet, even if the pressure is off even a little, there's definitely a noticeable difference in handling.
  4. 9006

Ignition Beep

Sorry, yeah I do get the 3 beeps, just it was disconnected probably from a previous owner! Although I remember I did used to get 1 beep when I started the engine, since then it's had a service so maybe it was something to do with that??
  5. 9006

Brakes Upgrade

I eventually got some from eBay, £95, an I can say they're worth the money, much better braking power! Saying that I had virtually nothing left on my standard pads!
  6. 9006

Ignition Beep

I've never had that :-S Does this come as standard with the AE? Doesn't mention anything like that in the manual either, I get a seatbelt light on the speedo but no beep..
  7. 9006

Ignition Beep

Just to clarify, not from the horn haha, from some internal speaker. Maybe there was something wrong with mine, I dunno..
  8. 9006

Ignition Beep

Anybody else's car ignition beep stopped working? Mine used to beep when I started it, just a short 'Beeeep' but now it doesn't, I've never knew what it was for anyway but wondering whats the deal with it :confused:
  9. 9006

Steering Shake Normal?

Yeah I heard that having different tyres of different age effects the geometry of the car, I have different tyres on the back than on the front. I never noticed a vibration on the gearstick, I'll have to check that if there's a next time haha.
  10. 9006

Steering Shake Normal?

I had to blow off some steam so I was racing down the motorway, it was pretty empty, and I was going... lets just say fast... But I was getting shaking from the steering, It wasn't pulling the steering or violent - it was more like a vibration. Is this normal at high speeds? Or is this some...
  11. 9006

Brakes Upgrade

Thanks for your replys. I've heard about these DS2500 pads before, looks like there a winner! I wanted discs mostly because the groves make them look better... any better breaking with that would have been good, but since the standard disc do the job good there's no point in changing them just...
  12. 9006

AUTOGLASS free windscreen chip repair

Did you go through your insurence? I think they gave you a discount if you're an AA member too, but it still wasn't that great. A few people I know said they had the same 'rip off quotes' from them, must be spending too much money on adverts! "See this chip ere'... couldn't stand the temperature...
  13. 9006

What's your age? Do you drive a Type R?

27 in 2 weeks an have a Type R AE, had it for 2 years now.
  14. 9006

Brakes Upgrade

So my front brake pads are worn down apparently, and I was thinking about upgrading my discs & pads. I'd like bigger discs, but not massive! With a nice patterned grove and/or drilling, anybody have such breaks fitted? And can anybody suggest any good sets out there? I was looking to spend...
  15. 9006

AUTOGLASS free windscreen chip repair

Yep it's free, but that's as far as i'd go! If you ever need your screen replacing don't even think about them! They quoted me something like £600+ just for the glass & fitting, no trim or anything! I eventually got it done for around £320, glass, top and side trims + fitting :) Jobs a gudden'
  16. 9006

Sidelights Keep going!!

I've just orderd a pair just like those, I don't know how the hell you solderd those contacts, my hands would be all over the place. I would imagine the brightnes considering they fire light from all angles, I just hope they last a good while! ... and to look good of course! :-)
  17. 9006

Sidelights Keep going!!

Thanks for the links guys! First lot of LED's I bought was blue ones - predictably I got pulled within a week an slapped with a fine, I still wasn't happy about since there's loads of cars around with blue lights on the front an never seem to get pulled :@ So I replaced those with the ones...
  18. 9006

Sidelights Keep going!!

This is the second pair in about 2 months, I use LED ones since I think standard bulbs are boring, also I like the slight blue in them. ...but they don't seem to last long at all! I used normal bulbs for about a year and a half before I replaced them with LED's an they went within the first...
  19. 9006

Interior Lighting

I know what you mean, I bought a sterio that could change the colour to blue an red as well as I thought red would look good with the interior, but I find it duller than blue. I think blue tooks cooler :)
  20. 9006

Interior Lighting

Thats a lovely civic you have there, so clean an tidy. Truth be told I need a few things doing to mine :( But I love Type R's! I've orderd another light tht has 6 LED's, i'll see how they perform :)
  21. 9006

Interior Lighting

Hey aleung2, Interesting what you say about the brightness, never thought it could be my perspective! It's a pity there isn't any designs to combat this, like the LED sidelights that shine 360 degrees. Turns out there isn't much to choose, from the 30mm range! :( Can I ask how you coloured...
  22. 9006

Interior Lighting

Hi all, This might sound a bit tacky! But I bought a blue LED replacement bulb for the main interior light, but instead of my image of a brightly lit cool blue interior, it's more like a slight dull blue! But the original light wasn't that bright either, the 2 front ceiling lights are...
  23. 9006

Type R Dash

Oh I see, ok then i'll go for it, thanks!!
  24. 9006

Type R Dash

Hey. The civic it's coming out of isn't a facelift though, it's still out of a Type R, just 2004 :)
  25. 9006

Type R Dash

Hi there, I've been wanting to get my dash replaced in my Civic for a while, since it has scratches an marks on, I've finally sourced a part but it's from a 2004 model. Since mine is the 2006 anniversary edition I was wondering if they're the same? It looks the same in the picture but was...
  26. 9006

stupid sound in Rain

Hi there, thanks for your reply's, it's all original. I bought it with a few problems but have them fixed appeart from my headlights, there not UK ones with the cutoff to the left, its to the right instead, does anyone know where i can source some new ones? Anyway back to the noise... not...
  27. 9006

stupid sound in Rain

Hi there, heres my civic: I have a problem that only seems to happen when it's raining, I have posted this before but nobody seems to know whats going on. After driving round in the rain for about 10 or more minutes i start to hear this rumbling sound coming from under the car, i even...
Back