• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Loxy

New look forum graphics - buy them here!

Bump for Skewer. He has set up a new webshop which can be found here: https://shop.skewer.co.uk/ As a welcome offer, Skewer is offering 10% off the entire order with the code TRO10 Get clicking and support an OG forum trader!
  2. Loxy

Return of the Footwell Lighting Kits!

Special offer for 10 days only and only on the first 10 kits sold! Standard Red or Blue Footwell kits with option connector for £23 delivered within the UK. Further offer, £5 off any of the multi-colour dimming kits, but these are the last two, so be quick! Payment details, still as per the...
  3. Loxy

PM sent bud.
  4. Loxy

Received! I'll get it in now and it should be in the post on its way to you first thing tomorrow.
  5. Loxy

Looks the same as the FN2 one that. Let me know which one you're after, prices are still current in the first post.
  6. Loxy

Answer is that they would come on with your lights and stay on, much like it would it you had ambient lighting in the door pockets etc. [emoji38] I have asked about the option connector, pretty sure it would be that same one as in the FN2 but would need a picture of your internal fuse box to be...
  7. Loxy

Ah, I get you. I've just asked Rick to be sure, but I'm on the positive side of undecided. I'll get back to you as soon as I find out. :smt023
  8. Loxy

Hi, yes still available and yes, depends what model of car you have. The plug and play options tend to mirror the OEM ambient lighting.
  9. Loxy

Knock sensor

Do you mean engine management light? Next step would be to get the code read.
  10. Loxy

Advice / help / tips

Is it actually turning? FN2 starters have a habit of the pin firing, fouling on the flywheel and nothing happening. It can be either battery on its last legs or the flywheel teeth are burred. Also try to avoid bump starting it too often. It has a timing chain which can jump teeth on the cam...
  11. Loxy

FN2 Drivers side headlight and bumper mounts.

Depends on the production year. Only facelift and Champ White FN2s had HIDs.
  12. Loxy

FK8 My Sportline Has Landed

Yes! Very nice. :smt023
  13. Loxy

370z Nismo

I'm sure you've run out of milk Mark...
  14. Loxy

Ecutek - rev limit issue

I had this. It was put down to me having my foot on the clutch ever so slightly so the flat foot shifting part was kicking in, stopping the car revving past the point where I was putting pressure on the clutch pedal.
  15. Loxy

2019 Supra GTS

Congrats and commiserations! [emoji38]
  16. Loxy

FK2 FK2 2017 - HEADLIGHTS WON'T ADJUST HIGH ENOUGH!

Official line here, if your MOT has expired you are allowed to drive by the most direct route to a pre-booked MOT appointment. Book it in at Honda for a test and get it up to them if it's nothing obvious you can see on your driveway. :smt023
  17. Loxy

FN2 VTEC Rev counter

Is it turned on in the options menu?
  18. Loxy

FK2 FK2 2017 - HEADLIGHTS WON'T ADJUST HIGH ENOUGH!

Guessing if it was just on its first MOT it would still be just under warranty? Take it back to Honda. I can only see it being either faulty light units, badly fitted or incorrect bulbs or it has been poorly put back together after front end damage. Honda will obviously help with the first.
  19. Loxy

Type R FN2 - Electrics or LCD at fault?

The LCD unit will likely be at fault, though since you say the lights on the headunit don't match the intermittent screen, you've likely got two faults that have occurred around the same time.
  20. Loxy

Type R FN2 - Electrics or LCD at fault?

Those LCD units are renowned for dry joints. If you're handy with an iron, refresh all of the solder and it usually sorts it out.
  21. Loxy

Just to say Hello

Hello and welcome. :smt023
  22. Loxy

Replacement battery

No difference at all. As long it has the same terminals and is the same rating as the old one for the purposes of the stop start system , no issues at all.
  23. Loxy

Recieved! Will get it out to you ASAP!
  24. Loxy

£36 for FK8 without the option connector, £42 with the option connector. The option connector literally means once the kit it's secured in place, you literally push the connector into the slot on the interior fuse board and it's then secured. Really simple. Payment details are still the same...
  25. Loxy

My Polished metal metallic FK8

What a stunner! Congrats! :smt023
  26. Loxy

Details in the first post.
  27. Loxy

What did you do to your Type R today?

Reminds me of mine a few years ago. [emoji23]
  28. Loxy

EP3 Civic Type R Limited Edition - Register - UK-000

£45k and not even first owner either I would expect. :|
  29. Loxy

Mugen N One

30. Loxy

TDI North Stage 2 drop in cams

Drop in means you don't need to touch the valve springs, collets, or pistons. You'll still need exhaust, exhaust manifold, intake and preferably intake manifold and matching TB. It will need remapping. It's pointless putting a figure on it as every tuners rollers read differently... Gains will...
  31. Loxy

TDI North Stage 2 drop in cams

Definitely worth the price. Injectors, I didn't but it was getting close apparently. You'd be well to budget for needing injectors and if you don't need them then it will be a bonus.
  32. Loxy

BMW M2 competition

Oh, I thought I'd FUBAR'd mine changing my Idrive to an M35i config, but managed to salvage it. :lol: Pretty simple if you don't do the impossible.
  33. Loxy

BMW M2 competition

I'm sure you're already on it, but I've got Bimmercode and a suitable BT dongle if you need any of the available settings, "Tweaking."
  34. Loxy

FK8 FK8 incoming

Congrats and welcome back! :smt023 Rest assured, red is plenty fast! :lol:
  35. Loxy

Clicking Noise!

Hard to tell from that video. Sounds like your keys rattling to me, sorry!
  36. Loxy

Spam

Just why...
  37. Loxy

Type R #16 - FK8 #3

I was surprised when he sold it to be honest but as Dotty has said on here, solid proposition as daily with a bit of fun on top but as a pure toy it's a one trick pony. p.s. I've a feeling the new one might include Competition in the name.
  38. Loxy

EP3 Stop/start inop and cruise wont cancel

Clutch never cancelled cruise on my FK2 and I'm pretty sure it's a feature to allow you to change gear without cancelling it. Start stop needs many factors to be in play in order to work including water temp, air conditioning/climate control setting and battery condition. For example it could...
  39. Loxy

What did you do to your Type R today?

I can see the MOTer having something to say about that, "Foot chopper," front splitter too.
  40. Loxy

They are, details are on the first post.
  41. Loxy

FK8 Stones. Again!

94ftlb/127Nm for FK2/FK8 :smt023
  42. Loxy

FN2 I broke my FN2 today :(

Grinspeed posted that they had been fitting Clockwise baffled sumps very recently. Might be worth getting in touch with them to see if someone has found a load sat on a shelf somewhere or whether they've just dropped lucky on one.
  43. Loxy

Loxy's silver FN2 GT - J's Braces

I had a phase 1 Magnex exhaust. Very similar to the silenced Cobra. No issues at all with track days. I can't remember the exact figures though, but I've got mid 90s in my head.
  44. Loxy

after market parts

No, if experience is anything to go by a snapped chain will cost a lot more than a genuine Honda kit.
  45. Loxy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

I had screw come loose in side the sensor housing behind the mirror. I got the cover off, screw dropped onto the dash with it when it slid off. Refitted and problem solved. Might not be your issue, but worth a check.
  46. Loxy

FK8 Service Pack FK8

FK8s are the least drug dealery car I could think of. Literally why would you be drawing attention to yourself with a car covered with all of the vents, wings and fins that come with it. Maybe I've got this wrong and I need to be pulling every CTR I see. Oh and Sgt near a front counter? Don't...
  47. Loxy

FK2 FK2 general discussion

How many dealers have you used now Rob or is this still the same one?
  48. Loxy

Not disputing it bud! The donor engine is the difficult part. Finding one that had decent mileage, hasn't been over revved or starved of oil etc. Depending who your tuner is, I'd personally go through them if possible and get them to strip and inspect the engine before it goes in. If you're...
  49. Loxy

Looking at the speedo you were doing 78ish when it went in gear and 3rd would go to about 80/85ish from memory, so it is possible you did just select 2nd. Not sure about the box and selectors how it would be possible but never say never. Decent turbo kits are about £5k fitted and mapped. Plus...
  50. Loxy

Over revs are more common than you'd like to think, but given that it is spilling oil you've done a proper job. Replacement engine with a bit of warranty would be my choice. You'll be picking through the old one for months/years with stuff that crops up. Depending on your budget and plans...
  51. Loxy

Civic 8G/9G/10G and CR-V Option Connectors - Hardwiring for Dashcams etc.

Fuse taps from the internal fuse box would be the way I would do it in your case. I did this on Dash cam's I've fitted on non-Hondas recently and it has worked a treat. Something like this for each +ve supply...
  52. Loxy

Apologies, not been on for various reasons. Unfortunately not on the 19G. The connector doesn't allow for a positive with the ignition.
  53. Loxy

FN2 Newbie tuning advice please

I had the Rotrex Sport kit on my first FN2 back in 2011. I then had it taken off after a couple of months as I didn't get on with it. I'm pretty sure the whole Saga is in my build thread here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?65480-Loxy-s-Silver-FN2-GT I has some issues with...
  54. Loxy

Problems posting things on the forum ?

Are you struggling posting from the web or TapaTalk? Are you getting any error messages or is it just you don't know where to post? 50 posts minimum before selling is correct.
  55. Loxy

N77's ex now being sorted by Simon & Jamie

Done, unless it needs changing again? :lol:
  56. Loxy

Not a long shot at all. PM on its way.
  57. Loxy

FN2 bushes

Grinspeed on Leyland. Top work carried out there. :smt023
  58. Loxy

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

Bonnet and wing the same price as a 2 year old FK8, or 2/3rds of a new one. That's just bonkers. A bespoke, hand made CF bonnet wouldn't be £11k, surely? I just can't bend my head around that. Good luck with the insurance on it too. "£22k aftermaket CF parts...
  59. Loxy

Problems posting things on the forum ?

From the web or TapaTalk Geoff? Are you getting any error messages?
  60. Loxy

FK8 General FK8 (10th Gen) CTR Release chat

I only ever tracked mine at Croft and had zero gearbox issues. Spent a fair bit of time watching the oil temp and cooked the front tyres though. The FK2 at the time was always reading high oil and water temps, so I wouldn't have thought Honda would have intentionally transferred one heat source...
  61. Loxy

A/C doesn't work when the car is getting warm and outside is warm too - FN2

Does the A/C kick in at all, as in you can hear the engine labour ever so slightly when the A/C motor increases resistance? The motor itself has a clutch that can fail. You could also be low in refrigerant. I had several re-gasses including ones with dye, but it ended up having to have a...
  62. Loxy

FN2 FN2 Wing Mirror replacement

That will also likely be the Shut Off Device (SOD). The bulletin for it is in the FN2 common faults thread.
  63. Loxy

It's the same, just make sure you get power folding, assuming you have a GT.
  64. Loxy

Take the cover off the inside of the door and you'll see how easy it is. Just make sure you get the folding powered unit to replace it. There were loads on eBay last time I looked, but better with warranty! £188 new from Cox...
  65. Loxy

No Spark on EP3 K20A2 Engine

Green immobiliser key indicator lighting on initial key turn then going out?
  66. Loxy

Rottboy's cars

If you're on mobile, TapaTalk has been good for hosting pics though the app.
  67. Loxy

Ecutek - oil pressure warning light

It hadn't crossed my mind until you've mentioned it but it would make sense why it was coming on. I thought about replacing the sensor when it happened, it was bugging why it had done it. Where are you getting it done? I would definitely ask the mapper if they've heard of it and ask why it...
  68. Loxy

changing signature

Should be Settings->Edit Signature Please let me know if you're having issues.
  69. Loxy

Ecutek - oil pressure warning light

Mine did it a couple if times on Ecutek. First time it was lowish and needed half a litre. Second, it seemed on the top marker.
  70. Loxy

EP3 Hondata flash pro questions and or Alternatives

Speak to Paul West of TPW Engineering, formerly of Tdi-North. He is independent and can travel now. If I was looking to get one done I would at least be seeing what he can offer first. He has developed safe plug and play solutions for the FK8, selectable maps and gauges via the OEM headunit and...
  71. Loxy

Back to a Civic?

Pics! Edit: just seen, that Grey and aero pack too? Nice!
  72. Loxy

Fn2 japspeed 421 install

Correct, no heatshields as they won't go back on.
  73. Loxy

FK8 Inner rear wheel arch liner problem?

Post a link. If you're on TapaTalk, posting pictures is really easy. Alternatively drop me a PM and you can email me the pics and I'll stick them up. :smt023
  74. Loxy

FN2 Noise from motor

It might just be the quality of the video but is the aux belt moving?
  75. Loxy

front bumper

The How To/Instructions thread for the GP Splitter is here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?76778-How-to-Install-Front-GP-Splitter-to-an-FN2 It gives you a pretty good idea of where the fixings are.
  76. Loxy

Fn2 or ep3 for a daily car

If you can test drive both and pick which you like most. FN2 vs EP3 is the topic that always divides opinion. The only thing I'll say on it is that EP3s are getting much older now (15+ years) and a lot have suffered badly from rust.
  77. Loxy

EP3 Buyers Guide

Sticky threads literally at the top of the section you posted in. :) Let me know if you struggle to get to them.
  78. Loxy

finally back in a R

Oooosh! :smt023
  79. Loxy

My Type-R #4 - Champ White FD2

Yes! I had one on my FD2, lovely exhaust.
  80. Loxy

Tein lowering springs fn2

Shims are always worth fitting, but you either need to take it somewhere who has them in stock or fit the springs and get it measured to see which shims you need to order to correct it. Then you will need camber bolts for the front. The only time I have heard of anyone hitting the arch trims...
  81. Loxy

FN2 shocks/suspension

The gear kit is generally used for supercharged cars to get a higher top end speed. I guess it could improve MPG but if you need to accelerate or go up a hill, you'll have a lower torque multiplier to the wheels with the longer gear and you'll need to use more throttle. Pros and cons. Fit the...
  82. Loxy

Tein lowering springs fn2

I didn't have that exact setup but to give you some idea I had the Eibach kit which has a 15mm drop, I was also using 15mm Eibach spacers front and rear. I had the hub correction shims at the rear and with 1 deg negative camber and had no rubbing. I had at various points between 1.5 and 2.5...
  83. Loxy

Fn2 gearstick gaiter

Number 2 on the diagram or the bit that's actually inside on the gator? Cost is eye watering. Honda part number 54103-SMT-E01, MSRP £77.18 Now you have the part number, we have Cox and Hendy in the traders section, or keep an eye on eBay or the facebook groups for people breaking cars. If...
  84. Loxy

FK2 Auto idle stop start

Depends on engine temp, air-con, clutch switch and battery condition. If you've not long since set off and do a fair few short journeys it is likely the battery just needs charge or the engine isn't up to temp. Honda now do a battery condition check on the service.
  85. Loxy

FN2 Replacement folding door mirrors

Same as long as it is from a model that folded electronically originally.
  86. Loxy

FK2 Thoughts on this one?

No doubt they are aware given the rest of their stock. It is just not a registered insurance write off, so they don't have to declare previous extensive damage that has been repaired privately. As with all used car purchases, buyer beware.
  87. Loxy

How-to Fit a HKS Racing Suction Reloaded kit to an FN2

They balance each other out really well in my opinion. Just the right mix of both. Low down you hear more of the HKS, higher up in VTEC you hear more exhaust but obviously the HKS is mental in VTEC anyway, so they work well together. It is probably true to some extent, any filter that lets...
  88. Loxy

FN2 Console dash flashing yellow

Yellow is a warning, red is an instruction IIRC. Need to know what symbol it was really, no idea otherwise as it could have been a number of things. Servicing up to date, any mods?
  89. Loxy

FN2 Recaro seats sizes..?

You can get aftermaket seats but you sometimes lose functionality like tilt and slide, depends on the seat and your budget. You'll have to find a way of by-passing the airbag detection, usually with a resistor across the plug, I'm sure there is a guide on here somewhere. When lockdown is over...
  90. Loxy

FN2 19" or 18" alloys

They ride a lot better on the Eibach 15mm drop Pro Kit. They are progressive on the front so are a lot more forgiving on initial compression than the stock ones. Part number E10-40-011-01-22 Depending on the mileage and their condition, new shocks might also help.
  91. Loxy

K20A cams worth installing on EP3?

Sounds a good price that to be honest.
  92. Loxy

K20A cams worth installing on EP3?

Yes, loads of threads and posts on it though they'll be referred to as DC5 or FD2 cams. They'll need a remap but will give solid reliable gains along with the usual supporting breathing mods.
  93. Loxy

The FN2 Type R tailgate

The strips are on the spoiler, so really it depends on whether the new spoiler comes with foam sealant strips on it. If you don't have any sealant on it, it will run into the boot lid.
  94. Loxy

Skunk2 DIC's fitted, seems very noisy

Timed up properly and tuned? Did you get an adjustable exhaust gear too. Intake cam can be adjusted by tuning, exhaust cam needs to be set though I'm speaking from experience with other Skunk2 cams. I bought but never fit the DICs so not 100% if they're OK without. OEM chain and tensioner? Oil...
  95. Loxy

New racing car

Very nice! Hello and welcome. :smt006
  96. Loxy

The FN2 Type R tailgate

Post here: https://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?104086-Loxy-s-Type-R-6&p=1394406&viewfull=1#post1394406
  97. Loxy

Newby!

Hello and welcome! :smt006 Some car history there!
  98. Loxy

FK8 Electric Hand Brake (power use)

Common fault in new Land Rover/Range Rovers I've been told by the AA man neighbour. Only solution is to drag it onto a flatbed and take them to the garage for repair, he said you can't do anything roadside in a decent timeframe.
Back