• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. K

14 DAY CANCELLATION WARNING - sky insurance :(

The 14 day cooling off period is different for every insurer in respect of charges. Some insurers may have a £0 cancellation fee, some may have a reduced cancellation fee within the 14 days. It gets more complicated when you go through a broker like sky insurance as sky insurance will have...
  2. K

My First Type r!!!

twas mine :( get up some pics of your own haha :lol: so what plans are you thinking of? gruppe m has to be one of them!
  3. K

Keeno's project teg - SOLD :(

Well the car sold last weekend and should be picked up by the new owner on Saturday......not looking forward to it but at least i know its going to a good home :(
  4. K

just feeling a change tony. ive had, loved it, enjoyed it and now feel its time to move on. going to look for a cheap run about first so can save for future house deposit whilst im looking for another car that takes my fancy.......going to be hard to replace the teg ***
  5. K

with much regret this will be up for sale soon :( if interested in details please PM me.
  6. K

got the brembo decals here: http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/Brembo-brake-Decal-Sticker-restore-calipers-x2-80-/190401177887?cmd=ViewItem&pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item2c54cb691f when i origionally re-laquered them i only did 3 coats (if i remember correctly) where as ive recently read...
  7. K

company called D.J Spray Services
  8. K

well as the summers here it time to do some work. first up was repainting the calipers. previously i just re-laqured them which, whilst it looked good, didnt last very long, possibly because i didnt put enough coats on. i first cleaned as much brake dust off as possible and then sanded down...
  9. K

HELP - HID Problem

thanks for all you help guys. after removing the ballast i found that the earth connection was a little bit rusty. i cleaned it up with some sand paper and then covered it in vaseline to give a bit of protection. light now works fine :D
  10. K

HELP - HID Problem

Just tried the same bulb in the drivers side light and it works fine. could this mean the ballast on the passanger side light needs replacing ??
  11. K

HELP - HID Problem

Hi all, My passenger side main beam went out the other day. Ordered some D2R HID bulbs which came today. I replaced the passanger side bulb and turned on to test it. All was fine for about 10seconds but the the light started flickering and went out. Now I think this bulb has blown also ! :S...
  12. K

Also changed the rear pads today as they were 80% worn. Just went for normal OEM ones. Ive done a guide here: http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?67022-How-to-change-rear-pads&p=687399#post687399 Also took the oppertunity to give the wheels a good clean :) BEFORE AFTER
  13. K

How to change rear pads

Whilst this is a guide for the DC5, it think that this should also be the same for the civics. BEFORE REMOVING THE WHEEL COMPLETELY, PLEASE ENSURE YOUR CAR IS JACKED UP CORRECTLY, RESTING ON AN AXLE STAND (I USED TWO TO BE EXTRA SAFE) AND THE WHEELS CHOCKED SECURLY AS YOU NEED TO RELEASE THE...
  14. K

I cant remember the number, think they might be DS2000s. Ones mainly for track use and is a harder compound (possible 'sqeeling' with normal road use) but as i wasnt going to use it on track i went for a softer compound.
  15. K

Not updated this for a while. Not much has changed with the car except for it having a major service done at Honda including valve clearence Have also purchased two new Toyo TR-1 tyres as well as new front discs and pads. Disc wise I just went for the normal OEM brembos but big thanks to...
  16. K

How to change DC5 front discs and pads

STEP 1 - REPLACING FRONT PADS A - Knock out the pad retailing pins circled blue. The pad retaining clip should then fall out. B - Open the brake fluid reseviour cap C - Slide the pads out of the caliper. If there is a lip on the disc you might have to giggle them about a bit or tap them...
  17. K

FN2 some prat has opened thier door on my new car!!!

id recommend dent devils as have used them in the past and they were excellent http://www.dentdevils.co.uk/home.php
  18. K

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 Service Info

those spinning cups are a nightmare :p hope you get better soon :D
  19. K

Keeno & Hatton's Project Racing Puma

UPDATE Well it was time to put the car in for its MOT. We already knew that it would fail on: - the exhaust (what with the whopping great holes in the manifold) - rear tyres We wanted to put it in for a trial run to see if anything else needed doing. If it did then we could do the...
  20. K

The cars been off the road in a garage for about a year and hasnt been driven. It sounds like a monster V8 when started up :lol: Thankfully the new exhaust system should be fitted in the next week or so :D With regards to the copper grease, the alcons have a big tendancy to 'squeel' very...
  21. K

Today the 2nd coat of paint was applied to the calipers and left to dry It was then a case of copper greasing the back of the pads and sliding them into the calipers
  22. K

:p With regrds to the pads, as hatton said, the owner included them in the sale so we'd be silly not to use them. Ive also read somewhere that they no longer make the OEM pads:confused:
  23. K

It is a really good feeling doing this ourselves :) Currently on order: New OEM alcon discs Manafold gasket New bolts to hold on the calipers We also have new greenstuff pads ready to be fitted with the new disc's
  24. K

kurust
  25. K

this is the miltek 4-2-1 :D prices are expensive but they have recently come down in price alot recently. 2 new front discs were about £450 but now they are £250 :confused:
  26. K

Well a nice stainless steel manifold arrived today to replace the origional one which is currently full of holes thanks to it being mild steel :S
  27. K

scratch and sniff LOL
  28. K

Well as any FRP owner should know the first thing to do is clean up the steering wheel. Many people think they need a new one as think its worn away but, from past experience, we know this is just dirt. So, a good clean and a bowl full of dirty water Here are the results (before and after)...
  29. K

Cant wait for us to get stuck into this Ben, will be epic :D
  30. K

Auto tensioner tool .... thingy

integra DC5 im not sure those will work as it looks like a tool that clamps onto the nut but doest effect the tightning of the nut....i think
  31. K

Auto tensioner tool .... thingy

Guys, I need the tool which moves the auto tensioner away from the drive belt (marked red) so i can slip the drive belt off and replace the pully(marked blue). Can i get this tool anywhere? If not, will any garage have it or just honda?
  32. K

Black Fabia VRS

its not dried on cement is it? i new someone that was behind a cement mixer then got home and found cement droplets on thier bonnet
  33. K

Black Fabia VRS

Are they chips or is it something on the paint?
  34. K

i take it you dont then freeze it :lol: UPDATE came home today to find a big box waiting for me opened it up to find my wind deflectors :D. gotta say thanks to www.funkypower.com as i only ordered them yesterday morning so really happy. few pics fitted:
  35. K

LV asking for tracker to be fitted.

Each insurance underwriter will have different criteria that someone has to meet. In this case it seems the underwriter requires a tracker to be fitted as they feel that in your area there is a higher theft risk on particular vehicles, hence a tracker gives them a lot greater chance at locating...
  36. K

More Than (taking the ****)

Each insurer will have particular vehicles that they like to insure. Some companies also class third party fire and theft as a higher risk as a person whose choosing that doesnt really mind if the car gets damaged (hence only selecting to cover the third party in an at fault accident) and so may...
  37. K

well i thought they were in a sealed pot but when i came to use it again the lid was open :(, now i have some poorboys clay which has a screw lid container to keep it nice and fresh :)
  38. K

you can re-use clay bars for a while unless youve not used it in a long time then, as i found, they just fall apart. also, before applying the DODO Juicemake sure to use a decent polish and sealent :)
  39. K

About £20 from honda
  40. K

i did all the car with my bare hands for the first time. its quite crumbly when you get it but when you rub it in your hands it warms up and goes oily. youllbe tempted to put more on cos it doesnt seems like you have any on your hand but you do. if you put it on thickly its harder to get off so...
  41. K

UPDATE: Few small updates, first was a new side repeater as the old one was loose. Also bought some honda jazz washer jetts which the water comes out as a spray instead of a jett. Next up the front splitter. Round the edge of the splitter was some bilt up grime so i took it off to...
  42. K

DC2 DB8 DC5 Youngest Dc5 driver?

Im 24 (although was 23 when price given) , 5 years NCD Protected, Legal cover, Mods declared and am paying £660 per year :D
  43. K

Decided to give the engine a good clean at the weekend. Products I used were: - Gunk engine de-greaser - Gunk engine laquer First up, hers the pics of before: After spraying on the de-greaser, leaving for 10 mins and agitating the thick grime with a brush, I washed and dried...
  44. K

ood spot, should really hang that up LOL
  45. K

Hatton's Integra DC5

Now we dont have to listen to you going on about wanting one all the time LOL :P In the flesh and by the folder full of reciepts, you really can tell the cars been well looked after and is in great condition :D
  46. K

UPDATE: On the way to a particular destination, I stopped off at a service station and bought this... and one of these......just incase its needed for long motorway journeys Cant wait to get it fitted...in fact so much that i tried to fit it myself this morning LOL...
  47. K

Nice one cheers :D
  48. K

Yeah it did come with the manual and although there are pics they are the same each service and so there must be other things to check dotty, is there anywhere i can get hold of the CTR's service schedule?
  49. K

Hi all, Is there anywhere which shows what needs to be done in each service? Looking to have a service done soon and just interested to know what needs to be done. My cars an 02 plate with 30k on the clock Any info appretiated :D
  50. K

Insurance and Road Tax

Your details should take about 2 working days to show on the MID (Motor Isurance Database). You can then get the tax online/ via the phone as, insurance wise, you should only need your insurance policy number.
  51. K

I wouldve seen it anyway :p love you really
  52. K

53. K

On the way to work today I did try to hit vtec at every opportunity just for the noise :lol:
  54. K

Small Update: Found a bit of spare money and this is the result. Before: After: I think all i need to say is.....:D:D:D Big thanks to Nat (Foxy red) for delivering it so quickly
  55. K

i should have a further update in a few days ;)
  56. K

I wasnt having any problems before but the changes do now feel smoother. I was mainly doing it for peace of mind as the service manual seems to call for it every 30k miles and mines just coming up to that. Its a great feeling doin it yourself :)
  57. K

Little bit of an update today, nothing major just after looking at the Jap service history, funnily enough I can’t understand when the last gearbox oil change was done so decided to do it myself for peace of mind. Things needed were: - Honda OEM MTFIII oil - 2 litres (£14) -...
  58. K

good good :) I did think of doing the diode but couldnt be arsed in the end LOL
  59. K

MDF FTW :lol:
  60. K

I did think of this but when looking at my brothers fiesta st, the fog light looked the same brightness as the brakelights. If needed though, ive got everything connected via terminals so its easily re-connected
  61. K

How can you tell if its been done? The dealer I bought it from got it from someone who traded it in for an evo. It was dickensons of perth who imported it in Dec 07, would they have done it? I cant find any docs to say it has been done so may see if I can give them a ring or contact the...
  62. K

I sorted out which wires were what on Fri evening but apart from that I did it all in one day, starting at 9 and finishing at 8 :S, although I did get distracted by the F1 qualifying. I also did one caliper at a time, if I had 2 trolly jacks i would've jacked both sides up onto axel stands and...
  63. K

Well last week I started my project with a good clean using some new products. The process was as followed: - Wash using elite car sare snow foam lance - Clay using poor boys XL clay bar and meg quick detailer - Wash again and dry Then using the new kit...
Back