• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. The One

Anyone have any experience of.....

Thanks Well thanks everyone for the advice. I think this is exactly the benefit of forums. Informed people informing! Well needless to say I have decided not to go to DMF. Have been in contact with TDI and although I would prefer them to tune the DC5 it won't suit my shedule right now as I'm...
  2. The One

Spacers for a DC5

So as some of you might be aware the DC5's rear wheels sit in a bit and don't really fill the arches as much as they could. See as they are standard-...
  3. The One

Thanks lads that helped. Just been emailing them for a quote and is coming in nearly £400 more than prices on the website, says website hasn't been updated since 2007. Also says the haed gasket will need doing. Trying to find out why at the minute. So do tell, what did he do??? Oh ya if you...
  4. The One

I am considering putting my DC5R in for some mods on an upcoming trip to the UK (from Ireland) and was thinking of bringing her to http://www.dmfperformanceparts.com/ for some TLC and some Skunk2 stage 2 cams:smt047 a performance header and a re-map:cool: Does anyone have any experience with...
  5. The One

Wheel spacer help

yes mate seems thats your only optoin. don't modify the wheels in any way as they will loose strength if you do and they are critical structure. cutting the ends off the studs will not affect them so much so i'd go with that.
  6. The One

Best street pad, Project mu type ns , project mu b spec or dixcel z pads

8 months ago I replaced my brake discs, pads and lines. I used the following parts. Project mu ns pads - Have never heard them squeel hot or cold. I did use copper grease when installing them and cleaned the caliper of old brake dust and general dirt build up before fitting. Very good bite from...
  7. The One

Energy suspension engine inserts.

hmmm cheers for that info lad its exactly what i was after. not kpro'd so it seems like i'll have to listen to the missus climax more than usual, oh well hope there are lay by's near by lol:smt047
  8. The One

Energy suspension engine inserts.

Ya thinking of getting these too their a nice cheap mod. So tell me have you fitted them yet? Do they cause a lot of vibration or anything? Did they cure the wheel hop (if you had any)? My DC5 when rolling slowly in 1st at low rpm somethimes starts jerking like mad until I press the clutch. Did...
  9. The One

Steering - something making a noise

Check out this link. http://www.itr-dc5.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=335&start=165&sid=8fb45385982ec8a7362e00f19a260956 Have a look at the two bolts holding the tie rods to the rack and see if there are tab washers under the heads. Also look on the rear windscreen for a sticker that has the...
  10. The One

Engine Warning Light - Stretched Timing chain?

I did these myself 6 months ago so it shouldn't be the valve clearances but seeing as i've nothing else to do i'm gonna check them agian. i guess it possible that 1 came a bit loose. i let ye know if i find anything. while i'm in there is there, how much tension/slack should be on the timing chain?
  11. The One

Engine Warning Light - Stretched Timing chain?

Hey lads has anyone who's experienced this had any noise coming from the valvetrain before the light shows up? A kind of tappety or chainy noise (if that makes sense) when there is very light pressure on the accelerator pedal, when your neither accelerating or deccelerating. Might just be me...
  12. The One

Cam chain and tensioner

Hey jla82 did you notice any noise in the weeks or days before the light came on? Specifically any tappety or valvetrain noise.
  13. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 DC5 knocking/noise on cold starts

use your warranty man. i have no idea what it could be, so many things under the bonnet!
  14. The One

Which Type R with the K20 engine is lightest?

http://www.letstorquebhp.com/calculator.asp this is very handy :)
  15. The One

thanks jermal for that info its actually very informative for a potential type r owner. i do agree with you on the fd2 being faster. its the culmination of honda's efforts on the type r's over the last 2 decades. there are some very good vids on youtube of the vtec club testing all these cars...
  16. The One

Blasted Steering Wobble

Here's one for you. Reading an article online somewhere before (don't remember where) it said that wobbles can be caused by not mounting the light side of the wheel to the heavy side of the disc. So take of the wheels have a look at the outside of the brake disc until you see a kinda machined...
  17. The One

DC5 is 1160 KG's as far as I'm aware thats the lightest. So that is around 200bhp per tonne! Trust me you will not be dissapointed!
  18. The One

which magnetic drain bolt where?

They cost €38. Shipping can be expensive though from Japan. http://www.tougedistribution.com/item--Spoon-Magnetic-Drain-Bolt-Set-All--ALL-90009-000/
  19. The One

Ok lads I've sorted it. Contacted Tougedistribution.com where I bought them and the long one is for the engine and the short one is for the transmission. I have them in now and there's no problems. Nice!
  20. The One

Are you sure because I put a screwdriver into the transmission drain hole and it only went in about an inch before it stopped and the long 1 seemed too long for transmission. Also look at this it shows the short 1 as transmission bolt...
  21. The One

hi i've bought a set of spoon magnetic drain bolts, 1 for engine and 1 for gearbox. problem is 1 is longer than the other by about 1/2 an inch. so which 1 goes in the engine and which 1 goes in the gearbox? the packet has no instructions so i'm a bit lost on this 1!:confused:
  22. The One

Gearbox problem!!

If you haven't got it sorted by now it might be worth checking the engine mounts. If their worn the engine will move around and knock itself out of gear and make it difficult to engage a gear.
  23. The One

http://www.tokyo-express.co.uk

hi mate. so i see your at touge express and just wanted to ask you 3 questions. 1. Would a toda manifold and decat, this 1 specifically ( http://www.tdi-plc.com/catalog/product_info.php?cPath=107_108_332_333_334&products_id=3340&osCsid=d04709c741193377a3b2f35469a74bcf ) fit too a standard ITR...
  24. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 Some questions about DC5's :)

clockwisemotion, cplracing, tdinorth, tougedistribution, rhdjapan, all have a .com or .co.uk just goggle em, but they all have parts for the DC5, mostly the same at slightly different prices. I must say *** that TDI north seem to really know what they're at with the K20A engine. That's purpely...
  25. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 Standard exhausts??

Hi all. Does anyone know if a toda manifold with decat ( a 1 piece section) will fit to the standard B pipe? I want the power gains of this manifold but just could not put up with the noise of a full system. Planning on this mani and decat...
  26. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 White or Blue DC5

So mate, have you made up your mind yet? If so post some pics!!!
  27. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 decisions decisions and your itr experience!

Take it man it looks like a clean example as long as its not smokey in the vtec its fine. The defects are all small items easily fixed. I had a starlet turbo before and the turbo is the only thing it has going for it, until it pops! The Integra however will not let you down, and the teg looks...
  28. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 Integra C or B Pack

Don't know much about the B pack but mine is the C pack which has, rear window washer, privacy rear windows and electric folding wing mirrors. So I would be guessing B pack doesn't have these extras. Being a Type R, it has to be for weight saving reasons.
  29. The One

stealth dc5 (update page 9) 27/10/10

hey man where did you get the gauge cluster and the surround for the stereo? it looks great, i've wanted to do a job like that for ages.
  30. The One

urgent help needed , clutch related.....

Sounds like the clutch has fallen to bits! Had something similar to this before on a Mitsu Mivec, when we took the clutch out we found the friction disc had litterally disentegrated! Get it to a mech he'll sort it!
  31. The One

DC5R won't start after adjusting valve clearances

Problem solved:D car is running sweet again. The problem was with the feeler gauges which I had bought at a halfords shop. The package said they were imperial but, no, they were actually a metric set in an imperial package, bastards:evil:. So I set the clearances to IMPERIAL measurements and...
  32. The One

ya just checked plugs, spark, fuel and fuses. i'm thinking it might be flooded so i've the plugs out gonna let the cylinde's dry out a bit see if that helps.
  33. The One

cheers man, i did all that exactly as described!
  34. The One

ya i hadn't run the car at all the day i adjusted them. its buggin me because it hasn't missed a beat ever! i'm gonna check plugs, fuel, immobiliser and fuses now i'll keep ye posted. any body got the exact tolerences for the type r engine as the specs i used are for the k20a2 type s rsx engine!
  35. The One

Adjusted the valve to rocker clearance today on my 02 DC5R with the K20A engine of course! So I first adjusted the clearances to what was recommended on a few sites, which is: Intake valves 0.008" - 0.010" and exhaust valves 0.011" - 0.013". I did this in the recommended way by doing piston 1...
  36. The One

DC2 DB8 DC5 White or Blue DC5

Have you considered a silver one, i have it in silver and its very nice indeed with the black seats. just my preference tho! the white and blue also come with the black interiors if you didn't know already, and its easy to keep clean. If your still pondering blue or white, well white would be...
  37. The One

'How to' replace DC5 Recaro seat bolster (guide)

good work dude. just did mine the guide saved me time fookin about trying to get it apart. seats out in the sun drying after the scrub and then it'll be goin back in and then out for a burn:twisted:
  38. The One

hondata airbox mod

I did this mod last week it took a few hours and honestly, after driving it about this week, I can only feel a little more power in the 7-8000 mark. in saying that I am still using the oem filter so I guess with an aftermarket 1 it'll give a bit more kick. I also took the time while I had the...
  39. The One

Gearbox oil spec

haha thats gas. try putting in make and model it'l list the type r there
  40. The One

Gearbox oil spec

Check this! check this out http://www.castrol.com/castrol/iframe.do?categoryId=9024084&contentId=7044829 Castrol can recommend what oils to use and at what intervals to change them.
  41. The One

Oil questions and recommendations here

Oil recommendation from the man from spoon!!! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3ATk8TIx_-Y Check out this video lads. The old dude on the left is the main man from spoon and has some very useful info regarding engine and gearbox oil. If you have never seen these guys before then watch some more...
Back