• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

Search results

1. Andrew

Alarm/Fob issues...

OK, Two common issues keyless unit failing or a faulty hood catch switch, I would check the hood switch first as its a lot cheaper and would cause the fobs not staying synchronized. Try closing the bonnet a few times sharpish and use a bit if wd40 on the catch.
  2. Andrew

Arif's EP3 Build Thread

For insurance try greenlight insurance
  3. Andrew

Pete's TDi North/Grinspeed tuned NHB CTR & BMW 335i Coupe

Thinking about getting the 6x4 oval but it seems to look better off the car than it does on in the pics, maybe it looks better in person than in pics.
  4. Andrew

Pete is that the 6x4 piper oval and have you got any close up pics/side veiw
  5. Andrew

Got to get me a FRSU i think
  6. Andrew

DC sports

just that i read that people have had tail pipes falling off and the pipes spliting, and it was said that they are made in china now which is no bad thing if they are made to a good standard and not on the cheap.
  7. Andrew

New ITG Maxogen Owner - My feedback

Best thing i fitted to mine was my itg the car is alot more response than with the standard air filter
  8. Andrew

DC sports

Are DC Sports exhausts still poor quality as i read that they are made in china and the fitment is not as good as they used to be
  9. Andrew

HKS HI POWER

Is anyone running this catback some of the videos on youtube it sounds nice and some it sounds real loud, difficult to get an idea how loud it is on the internet.
  10. Andrew

pro-kit springs

Do the eibach pro springs improve the handling giving less bodyroll or do they just give you a lower look. Just wondered if they would give a more planted feel with a frsu. thanks
  11. Andrew

ET38

Will 17x7 et38 wheels cause any handling problems cause wheels extend an extra 7mm over standard 17x7 et45. Will still useing standard size tyres.
  12. Andrew

Team dynamics 1.2

So 17inch 7J 5Stud, what offset do i need they come in 15-48 offset is standard 45offset
  13. Andrew

Team dynamics 1.2

Where is the best place to buy these and what size do i need to be a direct replacement for the standard Size 17s with 205/45/17 tyres.
  14. Andrew

Rattle auto tensioner

when i cleaned my engine with autoglym degreaser my Auto Tensioner has started to rattle so i must of removed the grease inside, is it possibe to re-grease it.
  15. Andrew

Are these worn out?

There not worn out just get some shims from honda to stop the squealing noise, New pads from honda have new shims in the box just use them on the old pads
  16. Andrew

Tool set

Was in B&Q today and they have a 150pc set in the same Case and same pcs as my Halfords set and its the same price but under the name TORQ.
  17. Andrew

Tool set

Had my Halfords 150pc set 2years and its been great would have to spend £££s more to get a better set.
  18. Andrew

fog lights problems

I fitted mine last year mines an Facelift 05 plate and the wires look diffrent to yours.
  19. Andrew

Part Problem and identify PLEASE!!!

Breakers is your best bet first as the hole unit is expensive.
  20. Andrew

Part Problem and identify PLEASE!!!

Its the Intake Air Bypass Control Thermal Valve which fits into Water Outlet Assembley and for some stupid reason you have to by the hole unit
  21. Andrew

Tappets/Injectors?

As long as the oil level is ok then Get the valve clearances checked and if problem is still there get them to have a look at what it might be.
  22. Andrew

Castrol or Fuchs

Which one should i get Castrol edge 5w30 or fuchs titan race pro s 5w30 or are they much the same.
  23. Andrew

Advice Fitting front Fogs

Went on Lings Honda and it shows the kit for my civic 05 and the kit contains garnish its a kit for all facelift civics even the 1.6s etc have the same kit. If the instructions said (NOT NEEDED ON TYPE R MODEL) would of saved me a load of f**king about:evil:. Cheers anyway
  24. Andrew

The brackets fit ok and the holes line up fine. The part N0 is 08v31-S5S-611
  25. Andrew

There the same shape as the splitter and fit into the recess on the bumper then your ment to screw the two screws to them, i only have 3 screws holding the fog straight to the bumper 2 screws at the top and 1 at the bottom. In the manual it calls them Garnish, so maybe for a diffrent...
  26. Andrew

Spent the day fitting front fogs to my Facelift type r, the problem i had was the black plastic moulds that fit to the bumper that came with the Honda Fog kit would fit but my Splitter would not, so i fitted the fogs with out the plastic parts as i guess there for a civic with no splitter at the...
  27. Andrew

Fog hole cover

Lost the plastic part of the fog cover, now stuck with a hole in my splitter one side and no real way of fixing it.
  28. Andrew

Fog hole cover

Just noticed that my plastic mesh where the fogs should be is missing on drivers side, what is the best way to replace the plastic mesh or do i have to buy the hole part of the bumper. Whats the best way to sort this cheers.
  29. Andrew

HEATSOAK in hot weather!!

My itg never seems to suffer heat soak thats noticeabe. The carbon airbox gets very hot after a drive,no wonder you guys with open cones suffer heat soak this weather.
  30. Andrew

Insurers having my pants down!

Tesco cheapest for the past 3 years
  31. Andrew

Parking brake efficiency?? MOT failed

Hope it helps. If not take it to a garage.
  32. Andrew

It passed the Mot but i got a advisory that my park brake only just met the required park brake efficiency. It passed with 17% efficiency and was told that my inner pads appear low but its Hard to see them, when i took them out they were badly worn so i replaced them with Honda pads from local...
  33. Andrew

Best exhaust setup for price/performance and low noise

That picture is not the type r backbox it just a random pic to go with the words the supersprint oval looks loads better than that.
  34. Andrew

My 55 EP3

:DLooks the same as mine. Is it a premier
  35. Andrew

Help with noise, Ctr 03

Could just be tyre noise at low speed as you have 18s. How worn are the tyres?
  36. Andrew

Had my MOT on the 8th June and got told that my handbrake only just met the required park brake test. Efficiency 17% which is bad. I changed the pads as they where worn badly and adjusted the handbrake. The pads seem to seize up more at the rear as they where hard to remove and i cleaned then...
  37. Andrew

Fuel economy/miles to a tank...?

once a week never see over 300 a tank
  38. Andrew

Oil questions and recommendations here

just had service and garage used Castrol edge 5w30, I was using millers xfs 5w40 as a top up for the last year. should i top up with 5w30 or stick to useing 5w40 also is castrol edge a good oil and is 5w30 ok for my car. Have read it may use a little more oil.
  39. Andrew

Loud wind noise

I have this loud wind/howling noise that comes from the front centre of the dash, bottom of the windscreen is starts at motorway speeds and stops when going slower. It did this when i got the car in july last year then stoped for 6/7 months then started again when i was driving today and its not...
  40. Andrew

Polishing after claying

Just clayed my car today and the car looks great and then i applied HDWax and the car looks stunning but when i run my hand over the paint its smooth but fills a little ruff. Now when i do this to the panel that was painted last summer its as smooth as glass, should i of polished the car before...
  41. Andrew

Rocker cover

Its the bolt closest to the clutch fluid
  42. Andrew

aem v2 is awesome

I fitted a ITG maxogen on saturday and it has made such a diffrence, picks up so much better and pulls harder and faster in vtec and get a nice rooooooooar from 3000rpm at wot was going to get a aem v2 but the heatsoak issues put me off. A loud induction roooooooar like the aem v2 is good and...
  43. Andrew

Rocker cover

After doing some looking there seems that on a american manual that i downloaded that there are Six stud bolts that fix the Rocker cover. The top left corner is just a bolt that in the manual is just fixed to the rocker cover holding a bracket. If you look at the picture above 2 go at the side...
  44. Andrew

Rocker cover

Just had a look and there is metal in the hole used a pin and torch and was hiting metal so it looks like a stud thats broken of at the top where the nut should be about 10mm down . So when i get the valves checked i will get the stud replaced and new nut. Must off been done before i owned the...
  45. Andrew

Rocker cover

Just noticed on top left of the red rocker cover that there is no Nut holding that corner down. Is it a Nut or Bolt as there is no thred showing just a hole where it should be held down, there's no oil leaking.:dance:
  46. Andrew

Help fitting sfs induction hose

Ok thanks
  47. Andrew

Help fitting sfs induction hose

What happens to the hoses that are cliped to the oem induction pipe like the large pipe, Do they just let them hang lose or do they clip to the SFS hose. Hard to tell from the pictures on here.
  48. Andrew

Supersprint backbox

Thanks mate. I thought it would fit oem b-pipe as the supersprint b-pipe fits oem backbox
  49. Andrew

Supersprint backbox

Does anyone have a supersprint backbox oval tail pipe and does it fit to oem b-pipe or does it need a supersprint b-pipe. Also where is the best place to buy supersprint exhausts
  50. Andrew

What tools are you using

I have been using halfords advanced tools and they seem good quality someone said to me they are the same as draper tools. What do you guys use.
  51. Andrew

Falken ZE912

Update. These tyres have improved the turning in of the car steering seems quicker but they give a slightly more bumpy ride than the p-zero. But i put that down to them being a extra-load tyre also impressed with the good grip in the wet. All in all a good tyre
  52. Andrew

Falken ZE912

They do give a smooth ride and so far not much tramling. I am impressed considering they cost a lot less than the p-zeros and £76 less each than the contact sport 3 that i originally wanted.
  53. Andrew

Falken ZE912

just had the falkens fitted and done 15 miles and so far they seem the same as the p-zeros and with it being damp not going to push to hard till they have bedded in more. traction in the wet seems good so far post back when i have done a few for miles.
  54. Andrew

Falken ZE912

I will give the falkens a go and post back what there like.
  55. Andrew

Falken ZE912

:DLucky for some
  56. Andrew

Falken ZE912

Was that price online.
  57. Andrew

Falken ZE912

I can get Two fitted for £168 Which is better than £160each for the Conti sport3 that i was after.
  58. Andrew

Falken ZE912

I am needing two new front tyres after the p zeros are down to the legal min and was Told that Falken ze912s are a good cheaper tyre to use and should last just the same. Just wondering if any owners have had Falkens Ze912s and if they are worth a try. Cheers:D
  59. Andrew

Blower only working intermittently ?? Ideas?

Had my heater cuting out for a few seconds and lights flickering had a look at battery clamps while toping up oil and positive clamp was lose so was not in full contact with battery tightend that up problem solved. well i hope so
  60. Andrew

are these continental tyres good for my EP3?

I need two new front tyres and may get them as they have been good. Might not last as well on the front.
  61. Andrew

are these continental tyres good for my EP3?

I have them on the Rear and have had no problems and good in the wet. good tyre:lol:
  62. Andrew

Civic 2.2 CDTi

save very little if any buying desiel unless its a cheap used car. As the cost of buying new will go agianst any savings
  63. Andrew

Buying advice for Type-R EP3

I would worry more about checking for crash damage e.t.c and as said above fsh and oil checks and changes would make a big diffrence to the life off the engine.
  64. Andrew

What is the age and mileage of your CTR?

July 2005 05 plate 35000
  65. Andrew

Petrol prices in your area

Near cambridge £129.9
Back