• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

£100 components front and rear

Dont bother with rear components, just get a good set for the front.

Have you got an amp or are you willing to buy an amp aswell?

Whats your total budget?

going to run them off the standard HU. Have subs already amped in the boot.

When i have extra cash il amp the front and rear as well.

You will get better results with just front speakers running from an amp. Dont bother with rears mate.

I was looking to do the same but amp front and rear.
Why do ya think its not wowrth changing the rears?

you dont sit in the back do you no point in spending money in the back where no1 really sits

See where ya coming from, but surely if your rear speakers are $h!t it will effect the sound quality in the car over all?...

2 good speakers are better than 4 crap ones. Get decent components running off an amp at the front and disconnect the rears or have them on but turned down low for some rear fill. This is what I have done in my car, if you were local I'd invite you round for a listen.

any ideas?

I have Alpine Type-r comps in the front and Type-r coax in th rear run off of one amp an a 10" Type-r sub in the boot run off of another monobloc amp operated from a Alpine CDA-9855............sounds good to me.

Bit more than £100 but you cant make a silk purse out of a pigs ear'ole !!!!

I run Infinity Coax's for both front and rears and they sound the nuts.
£70 a pair.

:cool: :cool: :cool: :cool:

As said, don't waste your money on components in the back. Your setup should be geared towards you - the driver, therefore your soundstage should be set accordingly. Probably best to invest in a half decent pair of coax's for the back that can handle a decent level of power at least but you're much better off spending say £150 on speakers in the front and £50 for the back. At that budget you can start entering Rainbow/DLS territory. :twisted: Unfortunately though, you will only get the best by amping them.

I've just completely disconnected my rear speakers from my setup and I can honestly say with components up front running from an amp, it sounds excellent. Dont miss the rears at all.

Back