• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

£325 for a k100?

No idea, their reflash is more expensive than that.

Typo?

I try to avoid that forum whenever possible. :lol:

Can only be a good thing then. Kpro at a decent price now as well.

K100 not available on mail order though. I guess that means you have to get it mapped by them. :confused:

CPL Racing is pleased to announce a price reduction on the Hondata Kpro, K100 and Hondata/CPL Reflash.

We have been working with Hondata for 9 years now offering the full range of Hondata products and without doubt Hondata has set the standard in Honda tuning worldwide with innovative, reliable and continually updated products and software.

We are therefore pleased to announce that this excellent product range will now become even better value for money for those customers with the Civic Type R EP3 and Integra Type R DC5, bringing the pricing of the Kpro3 comparable with the newer Flashpro system used to tune the Civic FN2/FD2.

Price reductions are as follows: -
The Hondata Kpro, previously priced at £753.70 including VAT, will be reduced to £575 including VAT
The Hondata K100, previously priced at £488.17 including VAT, will be reduced to £325 including VAT
Above prices exclude dyno tuning.
The Hondata/CPL Reflash, previously priced at £509.00 including VAT, will be reduced to £365 including VAT. No tuning required, but the reflash is only suitable for a limited number of setups. Please see our website for further information.

Hondata Kpro3 and the Hondata/CPL Reflash is available for mail-order sales, the K100 cannot be sold mail-order as it requires tuning and has no user-interface to enable this.

Above price reductions will take effect on all orders placed from now with immediate effect. Any previous orders placed on or before 3rd January 2013 will be at the old pricing.

There is NO PRICE REDUCTION on the Hondata Flashpro, S300, S100 or other Hondata products, this applies to the Kpro3, K100 and Hondata/CPL Reflash only.

In addition to the above price reductions, CPL Racing are pleased to offer all customers purchasing either a Hondata Kpro3 or Hondata K100 between now and 22nd January 2013 a £100 discount off a full tuning session on the dyno. Our normal price for tuning of most setups is £350 including VAT, but if the Hondata is purchased and tuning booked before 22nd Jan we will offer the tuning at a special price of £250 incl VAT. Anyone who wishes to take up on a discounted tuning price but has a more complex setup (high power turbo, built engine or individual throttle bodies) please email us with details of your setup and we would be happy to advise on a discounted price for that setup.

ECUs are socketed by CPL Racing on the same day as the tuning so that a drive in/drive out service is provided. For customers purchasing a Kpro3 or reflash by mail-order, then provided the ECU is received by us by 11am then in most instances we can turn the ECU around and despatch back out the same day. For mail order sales please email us for an order form which should be completed and included in the box when you send your ECU to us.

As with any offer we do have to set some rules/guidelines: -
- To qualify for discounted tuning the Hondata system must be purchased in addition to tuning and in the same transaction.
- A £250 non-refundable deposit is required and a mutually agreeable date will be arranged and the dyno will be booked for that date. The amount of deposit paid will be deducted from the final price when the car is collected after tuning.
- If after booking a customer finds they are unable to make the appointment, then provided at least 1 week’s notice is provided then we will be happy to carry the deposit forward to an alternative mutually agreeable date.
- Deposits are not transferrable from one customer/car to another customer/car under any circumstances
- Although the booking has to be made and deposit paid before 22nd Jan 2013 to qualify for the discount tuning, a date for tuning can be set anytime between now and 31st March 2013 (provided the date being requested is not already booked by another customer).
- We are unable to hold dates for customers without payment of a deposit.
- Date choices are on a first come/first served basis

For any technical information on the Hondata products please see the following pages on the CPL Racing website. If there is any technical question that is not covered please email us with your question to ensure a response. Our email address is [email protected]

Kpro3 - http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=25
K100 - http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=24
Hondata/CPL reflash - http://www.cplracing.co.uk/products.php?productid=45

Please read all technical information above before contacting us with any questions.

For anyone that is interested in reading further technical information on tuning Hondas, here are some links to technical articles written by Hondata and CPL Racing.
How to read a dyno chart:-
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/pages.php?id=8
Engine management systems:-
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/media/engine ... ystems.pdf
Evaluating performance:
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/media/Evalua ... rmance.pdf
Tuning and optimisation: -
http://www.cplracing.co.uk/media/tuning ... ations.pdf

Bookings can be made by calling 01795 668778 between 8.30am and 5pm Monday to Friday.

A final note on the Hondata Kpro, K100 and S300. For some time now there have been counterfeit Kpros and S300s in circulation which are substandard and have a number of faults. It has now come to our attention that there are also now counterfeits K100 boards being sold.
These counterfeits include but are not limited to the following faults:
• Failure to upload or datalog.
• Speed sensor problems.
• Random rev limits.
• Failure to start
• Corruption of ECU table data
• Risk of engine damage

As the official distributor for Hondata products, all CPL Racing supplied Hondata systems are 100% genuine, fully supported and come with full warranty.

Lynn
CPL Racing

Not bad. i was selling my reflash a couple of month ago and they said if i sent whoever bought it to cpl they would take £50 off if they mentioned my name it helped me sell it so that was nice of them.

When i have dealt with cpl they have been great to deal with, I know a lot of people prefer tdi etc but cpl can't be bad but anyway i'll still stick with tdi from now on.

Last edited by a moderator:
TDI did post a price match promise, unsure of their terms but it's worth a shot.

Wow, A K100 was on the cards for this year at some point.

Not knowing to much about the K100, does this offer consist of turning up, CPL will remap my car the best they can, give me the dyno print out and then I drive home a happy customer all for £325 the same as if I had gone to Eurospec 2000 to have a K100 remap????

No. The k100 is £325 but you will get charged extra for mapping (at their rate) they'll also lock the map so if you wanted a tweak you'd have to go back there.

K100 is good if you have the car at a state of tune you're happy with and don't need any more mapping doing.

Of course other mappers can wipe the map off and start fresh if you didn't want/weren't happy with the map that is on there.

emailed them regarding the matter today

would a k100 be more advisable than the hondata ecu flash?

i assume that a custom map using a k100 would net more gains but are they significant enough to disregard the ecu flash as an option?

No. The k100 is £325 but you will get charged extra for mapping (at their rate) they'll also lock the map so if you wanted a tweak you'd have to go back there.

K100 is good if you have the car at a state of tune you're happy with and don't need any more mapping doing.

Of course other mappers can wipe the map off and start fresh if you didn't want/weren't happy with the map that is on there.

Thanks Dotty. My car is or will be at a state of tune that I will not be doing anything more to it once its had a remap. However, surely they will tweak the map to suit your car as not all engines and in most cases modifications already done will give the same results.

** Update ***Reading the CPL website, it seems this is for the K100 only. A remap using the K100 to get the best out of your car with current mods is extra. Well thats how I am reading it but I could be wrong and what I think Dotty is saying also. Not sure what installing a K100 on its own does if anything.

Last edited by a moderator:

i assume that a custom map using a k100 would net more gains but are they significant enough to disregard the ecu flash as an option?

Thanks rjkoneill, keep us posted on what they say.

they quoted me the £800+ price for fitting/mapping.

i asked if they could match CPL and the reply was that it was probably just a new year special.

in honesty, i reckon its early days yet, and if this price drop is across the board then it seems likely that it will filter out to all hondata mappers eventually.

im in no rush as i have my 75K service, new front tyres, brake overhaul to sort first. plus i have an LSD coming tuesday that will likely cost a fortune to fit... :twisted:

either way, funds are tight due to the above, so i may play the waiting game for a TDI sources K100

Thanks Dotty. My car is or will be at a state of tune that I will not be doing anything more to it once its had a remap. However, surely they will tweak the map to suit your car as not all engines and in most cases modifications already done will give the same results.

** Update ***Reading the CPL website, it seems this is for the K100 only. A remap using the K100 to get the best out of your car with current mods is extra. Well thats how I am reading it but I could be wrong and what I think Dotty is saying also. Not sure what installing a K100 on its own does if anything.

That's what I mean

Get all the bits you want fitted together then get mapped at the end.

Rather than getting exhaust, getting mapped , then going back and getting a tweak as you've had a different air filter fitted.

I think you're getting confused. Hondata reflash is for FN2 only (and maybe FD2). The K100/KPro are EP3/DC5 only.

Back