• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

0.5 second buzz/rattle on start up ep3

big t

Banned
hi,i have a 2004 ctr ep3 with 77k miles,perfect oil/oil level.....on start up,mainly on mornings/when engine cold,there a slight buzz/rattle that lasts half a second when the engine starts,from then on the engine sounds and runs as sweet as a nut.the car never does it when the engine is warm,any ideas????? thanks :confused:

Nothing to worry about I believe it's the starter motor that does it as mine does the same sometimes.

ok,thats not to bad then,thanks for your help,i first thought it was a heatshield rattle or something,annoying!!!

Owned 2 ep3's now and both did this on cool / cold mornings... it is worrying as it does sound like bottom end rattle but it must be starter related as a bottom end knock would be evident constantly :)

Mine also does this.... onlt now it is really loud?!... worse the colder it is :shock:

Can this be rectified via a new starter motor? :)

Back