• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

0-60 time CTR

Tried a 0-60 few days ago while datalogging it using an OBD2 scantool.
I logged RPM, Speed, Throttle position and Intake temp.

Note I did a poor job at the acceleration test since I actually wanted to test the datalogger and not put perfect 0-60 times
If I do some more runs, I'll might get a 7sec time, this run was around 7.3sec
Changing gears from 1 to 2 shows I actually left the vtec window, losing power and time.
Then again, I didn't intend to do a best possible time.

I also found out the speedometer is little off compared to the ODB2 speed sensor.
120km/u (max allowed on motorways) is actually 115km/u according to the OBD2
(75Mph => 72Mph)

My whole point of this, I could log some 3th gear pulls from rolling start and compare acceleration times when placing other mods (air intake, RBC,...) This way, I can compare power improvements without the use of a dyno.
This one had a DCRH and RM01A on it, too bad I have no graphs from the car being fully stock.

Last edited by a moderator:
Found a log of my previous car, civic EP1 - 90hp SOHC - no vtec
Exported all data to a .csv file (excel, open office calc,...) and put them in a graph.

The EP1 had a clean launch, the EP3 was launched badly :p, still, the EP3's additional 110hp over the EP1 made up for it pretty quick

Too bad I don't know anyone with an EP2 around here...

A new record:

Again, logged with LM2 OBDII scantool, and put the data in .CSV

Now remember, 100km/u on OBDII is around 105 on speedo. The data above is OBDII data, not speedo.
On speedo it hit 0-100 in just 6.14secs, however this is unvalid data ofcourse :)
638ctrrun.png
638ctrrun.png

Back