• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

0-60 times on Modded EP3's

Hi Guys,

Sorry if there is already a thread about this, couldn't seem to find it.

Was wondering what 0-60 times you guys are pushing with your moded EP3's? By that I mean with new intakes, manifolds, decats, kpros etc.

Just trying to get a feel for performance gains you are all getting on your mods, I currently own a milano EP2, I'm over on epcivic, but I am looking at get an EP3 next year so I am looking at mods early.

Thanks.

Then looking at 0-60 is pointless.

Well not really because if your are making gains on both Bhp and torque then your 0-60 will decrease. I only want to know the 0-60 after mods to compare it to stock time to see if there is justification for the money spent on performance mods.

Well not really because if your are making gains on both Bhp and torque then your 0-60 will decrease. I only want to know the 0-60 after mods to compare it to stock time to see if there is justification for the money spent on performance mods.

Again a waste of time.

Your 0-60 time will not decrease sufficiently for the human body to notice any change. Midrange performance on the other hand is certainly noticeable. When I worked for Skoda I had a vRS Octavia with a superchip, power increased to 240bhp and torque up from 320nm to 400nm.

I could feel no difference at all in accelerating from a standing start. However when rolling along, 3rd gear upwards, the difference was huge.

All 0-60 will tell you is who gets to the next set of traffic lights first! :rolleyes:

So there are noticeable gains in performance at mid range, as long as there are noticeable gains in the performance of the car then mods are worth while. Have chosen not to mod my EP2 as the gains would be minimal, hence im waiting and saving for performance mods on an EP3. But as long as the gains are noticeable then im happy :)

0-100 is where its at.

Or the 1/4 mile times.

These are good indications of modds improving from standing WOT acceleration.

Waste of time IMO though. Just pub talk, but fun pub talk :lol: .

So there are noticeable gains in performance at mid range, as long as there are noticeable gains in the performance of the car then mods are worth while. Have chosen not to mod my EP2 as the gains would be minimal, hence im waiting and saving for performance mods on an EP3. But as long as the gains are noticeable then im happy :)

It all depends what mods you do and bear in mind all cars are different. My Octavia was Turbocharged, they feel quick anyway but on this occasion, the chip did make a noticeable difference.

When I had my CTR I did the basic mods - exhaust, induction. I had power gains but nothing really noticeable in the real world. That was only 20bhp difference and £400! :p

I imagine those on here that have spent considerably more than that will notice the gains far more. Each to their own.

I imagine those on here that have spent considerably more than that will notice the gains far more. Each to their own.

Yeah, im at maybe about £2500 on mods now :( .

But I am running at 241bhp and 180ft/lb of torque.

Honestly, the car does feel so much more eager, and pulls right up to the redline, hard.

So yes, the mods have made a big difference. K100 being the major one.

Weather or not its worth it is up for debate, as if you put that amount of money into something with FI you would be looking at a much bigger figure.

Yeah, im at maybe about £2500 on mods now :( .

But I am running at 241bhp and 180ft/lb of torque.

Honestly, the car does feel so much more eager, and pulls right up to the redline, hard.

So yes, the mods have made a big difference. K100 being the major one.

Weather or not its worth it is up for debate, as if you put that amount of money into something with FI you would be looking at a much bigger figure.

I used to meet up with a former owner from here (Colin) back in the day and his 30th AE had a Hondata Reflash, Injen CAI and Buddyclub spec 3, rolling roaded at about 235bhp and although his car was noticeably quicker than mine, as a passenger in it, I could barely feel any real difference.

Well for what it is worth results of the J Tuner group thrash that had a few of us from here went on. This was timed using Datron gear, and was at Bruntingthorpe, so not the grippiest of surface.

Julian: (Hovblack on here) 0-60 - 5.55. 0-100 - 12.07. 1/4 - 13.9 @108
Mods: JRSC running 8psi, K-Pro, Toda header, Spoon exhaust and stock airbox.

Steve King: 0-60 - 5.67. 0-100 -11.81. 1/4 -13.9 @108.4
Mods: (JDM Type R) JRSC 8psi, Jackson header, spoon b pipe, custom backbox, Gruppe M airbox.

Paul West: 0-60 - 5.92. 0-100 -11.63. 1/4 -14.05 @108.41
Mods: Toda N2 cams, JDM Intake manifold, Gruppe M, Spoon catback, K-Pro, and a shot of NOS (cannot remember how big).

Me: 0-60 - 5.95. 0-100 -13.19. 1/4 -14.43 @102.55
Mods: JRSC (4psi kit), Jackson header, Top Gear exhaust system and Injen long ram CAI copy, K-Pro.

Carl: 0-60 - 5.90. 0-100 -14.11. 1/4 -14.45 @101.17
Mods: GruppeM, DC header, K-Pro, Spoon b pipe, magnext backbox.

Sara: Carl: 0-60 - 6.25. 0-100 -14.32. 1/4 -14.60 @101.4
Mods: GruppeM, Hi Flo race cat, Jackson header, K-Pro, Spoon b pipe, magnext backbox.

Pete Cattell: 0-60 - 6.21. 0-100 -14.56. 1/4 -14.65 @100.32
Mods: Jackson header, Hondata flash 4, AEM, custom exhaust.

Well there you go. A range of different tunes. Traction was a problem and the FI cars did struggle from the line, but as you can see the midrange and top end was much improved. But you can also see that a well driven N/A car with a few simple mods and good mapping, like Carls can put in a very respectable time.

If you look on youtube there is a group of people with CTR's and they have each posted their mods and 0-60 times, and you get to see them in action.

Its worth a little search on there.

Carl: 0-60 - 5.90. 0-100 -14.11. 1/4 -14.45 @101.17
Mods: GruppeM, DC header, K-Pro, Spoon b pipe, magnext backbox.

Sara: Carl: 0-60 - 6.25. 0-100 -14.32. 1/4 -14.60 @101.4
Mods: GruppeM, Hi Flo race cat, Jackson header, K-Pro, Spoon b pipe, magnext backbox.

Pete Cattell: 0-60 - 6.21. 0-100 -14.56. 1/4 -14.65 @100.32
Mods: Jackson header, Hondata flash 4, AEM, custom exhaust.

There the one's im very interested in, as much as I would like a super charger, it's not going to happen lol.

So the stock (suggested) time for an EP3 is around 6.7, so with a GruppeM, new header, upgraded exhaust system and an ECU remap its knocked off around 0.5 off the 0-60 time. I can't comment on the 0-100 time as I do not know the time of a stock car.

That is still quite impressive considering 6.7 seconds is a short space of time, so to knock half a second off that time and bring it down towards the 5 second mark is good.

Only problem is that those mods would cost over 1.5k?

Yep. But have to accomodate for the increase in power, better brakes, LSD, suspension etc... Certainly all adds up.

Yep. But have to accomodate for the increase in power, better brakes, LSD, suspension etc... Certainly all adds up.

True dat.

I wouldn't bother.

If I wanted FI, I'd get a already boooosted car from standard. Evo, STi, ect...

Back