• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

02 civic type R Milano red faded... HELP!

You can bring it back with a lot, and I mean a lot, of machine polishing. How long it will last is another thing.

I saw a post on Autobrite's Facebook page where they had a pink Astra and brought it back to red.
It's obviously a quick fix but until you can get it done properly, it'll work.

Ill try and find out what it's called.

No it wont work i have a milano and even after a wet sand its still not reviving the red. You can bring the colour back a lot with a proper compou ding but thats only 6 months tops until it needs another go. Either live with it or sell it my friend.

I purchased my EP3 in January, it wasnt the cleanest but i spent a good couple of days going through it, got a friend of mine to measure the thickness of the paint and it was healthy, so i fully machine polished and it came up great.

A detailer would get it 90% maybe 100% better. Depends how much you want to spend. Or you could have a bash yourself buy something like a das6 pro and some polishes and pads. Detailing world has so much information on this subject.

not saying it'll be perfect, but you should definitely be able to make it a lot better with some hard work

Last edited by a moderator:
The paints on the plastics dont match up to the paint on the metal. You will never get it to match 100% unless you do a respray. A machine polish will improve the colour and take away the pinky colour but as i said not 100%

Someone who knows what there doing with a machine polisher, either a da or rotary would definitely improve the finish. whether you'd get that for £60 I doubt it, unless its a friend carrying out the work. It would probaly be a days worth of work atleast.

Back