• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

02 milano ep3 project

Hi everyone I'm new to the forum and thought I would share my pre facelift milano ep3 project :) I've owned the car since August 2011 and covered around 35k since then. It still drives amazingly well, if not better due to the performance upgrades I've added and most of all always puts massive smile on my face. I won't bore you all with any more details we all know what these cars are about, here's the current spec:

Interior:

Sony Xplode stereo*
pioneers tsa speakers*
Red stitched velour gear gator
Skunk 2 neo chrome gear knob*
3m carbon vinyl wrapped console and handles*
New oem type r mats*

Exterior:

Stubby aerial
De badged front and rear*
De wipered boot lid*
Gloss white oem enkei wheels with red h emblems*
Satin black headlight inserts*
Satin black painted grille*
Gold calipers ( changing back to red soon)
Tegiwa carbon air scoop
Heko wind deflectors*
Led sidelights*
6k hid headlight conversion*
tdi north decals*

Suspension & brakes:*

Kumho ecsta le sport tyres*
Eibach abp springs lowered 30mm*
Eibach front camber bolts*
DME adjustable rear camber arms*
Goodridge stainless braided lines*
Front and rear grooved discs*
Ferodo ds2500 pads*
New oem front calipers*
Beaks tie bar*
Fast road allignment carried out -1 degree negative camber all round and 0 toe

Engine and drivetrain:*

Hks hi power cat back exhaust
Dc sports 4-2-1 exhaust manifold*
Rbc intake manifold and tb adaptor*
Hondata thermal gaskets*
Tegiwa carbon induction kit and heat shield*
Tegiwa silicone intake hose in red*
red silicone engine hoses*
Dent remover scuttle tidy*
Es engine mount inserts*
vibra technics fast road top mount*
Powerflex gearbox mount*
Kpro ecu mapped by paul at @ TDi-North 240bhp/170 ft lbs*

[URL=http://s1158.photobucket.com/user/tommybooboo/media/20140329_131909.jpg.html]

2014-02-22%2012.51.25.jpg
[/URL]

Future plans :

Freshen calipers and re paint centre caps*
new tail light seals
Front and rear respray in milano with mugen lip fitted*
3" exhaust and map tweak
Jdm rear arb*
Password:jdm Battery tie bar*
Aem or k tuned Fuel rail*
rocker cover refurb*
Upper strut brace of some description*
upgrade front door speakers
recaro dc5 seats*
Steering wheel refurbed*
rota grid drifts

Comments welcome !

Last edited by a moderator:
Looking good mate. Looks like you've put quite a bit of effort into it. I used to have a facelift Milano red ep3 and loved it. Ended up selling it and getting a Toyota altezza bit now gone back to another ep3 as I missed it. Anymore plans for it?

Looking good mate. Looks like you've put quite a bit of effort into it. I used to have a facelift Milano red ep3 and loved it. Ended up selling it and getting a Toyota altezza bit now gone back to another ep3 as I missed it. Anymore plans for it?
thanks mate! Yeah quite alot has been done to get it to this stage although it's still quite oem exterior wise, I have a mugen splitter going on soon and I have more plans for it this year including Rota grids, dc5 recaros and a 3" exhaust system. Yeah I've heard it time and time again how people always come back to the ep3 even from the likes of evo's and scoobie sti's. Speaks volumes doesn't it :)

I fitted my mugen splitter last week just to check that everything fits nicely before its painted, I Also Sourced Another Bonnet As Mine Was Dented Around The Latch And Quite Badly Stone Chipped

This is currently how the car stands for now, I shall be putting the old bonnet and bumper back on until the car is ready for paint. There's just a few bits that need sorting until then, calipers need repainting and im going to refurb my wheels as they are abit tatty.

I've also ordered a vibra technics fast road top mount as the original has been split for a while, so should be interesting to see the improvement it makes over standard :)

Splitter looks like a good fit. I wanna get the mugen spoiler and splitter for mine. Just bought the mugen grill and fancy a carbon bonnet at some point but will have to save for that one. I've had a skyline, impreza sti, 200sx and allsorts but always miss it when I don't have a honda and am loving having a type r again. Trouble is I end up spending every penny I get on it, lol. How loud is your car by the way? I have the DC sports exhaust manifold and cat back system and it's seriously loud which isn't always ideal. I just wondered as you have the same manifold as me if yours is quite loud?

Splitter looks like a good fit. I wanna get the mugen spoiler and splitter for mine. Just bought the mugen grill and fancy a carbon bonnet at some point but will have to save for that one. I've had a skyline, impreza sti, 200sx and allsorts but always miss it when I don't have a honda and am loving having a type r again. Trouble is I end up spending every penny I get on it, lol. How loud is your car by the way? I have the DC sports exhaust manifold and cat back system and it's seriously loud which isn't always ideal. I just wondered as you have the same manifold as me if yours is quite loud?

Have you got a facelift or pre facelift? You've had a fair selection of cars then, I always wanted a scoobie had some money put away for a blob sti but ended up spending a massive chunk of it on the civic with kpro etc lol so didnt end up bothering, the fuel consumption was abit of a worry for me with the sti. Yeah my exhaust system is loud on full boot, but not that drowney on long journeys etc so not too bad. Ive just fitted a vibra technics top mount this morning and thats made it abit louder. Have you got a dc manifold and cat back aswell? I seem to be looking more and more at the tegiwa cat back system, it looks very nice and apparently not overly loud

I've got a facelift cosmic grey one running 240bhp at the moment. Ideally I want to supercharge it or stay NA and get cams, bigger throttle body etc and squeeze a bit more power out of it. Yeah I have the DC sports decay manifold and car back system and mine is very loud which isn't ideal really. Fuel consumption on my sti impreza wasn't great to be fair. The civic is so much better on fuel and I actually find it more fun to drive than the impreza.

Sounds good mate have you got a thread ? Wouldnt mind taking a look! N/A power is mega expensive just the price of cams puts me off abit .... Would love a turbo or charged ep3 but dont know whether that will happen with this one. ive promised myself that im not spending anymore on performance parts until the paints sorted lol

I haven't got a thread yet. I keep thinking about starting one but never get around to it. I might do at some point if I'm not to lazy. Part of me would like to keep mine NA and squeeze as much power as I can out of it but I've also always wanted a supercharged vtec at some point. My first car was a mk2 CRX vtec with the B16a in it and ever since that car I've loved Hondas and vtec engines and really fancy a supercharged one.

I'm a fan of crx's theres a guy who lives round the corner where I used to live and he had a red one, looked and sounded awesome looked in mint nick, hes had it for years! This is my first honda and I will deffo have another when this gives up the ghost eventually. In respect to the N/A situation it all depends how deep your pockets are :lol:, I think thats why most go for the super charger route as its the cheaper of the 3 for more power but works very well with vtec. Are you going for a facelift mugen splitter? Saw a pre facelift splitter on a cosmic, it looked smart.

Part of me wished I never sold my CRX as it was literally spotless and mint condition. I did quite a lot of mods to it and sort of regret selling it as I've never found another one for sale as clean. I've just bought the mugen grill and would like the spoiler and facet splitter at some point but need it get saving up as I want a carbon bonnet too. Just ordered a full poly bush kit so looking forward to getting that all fitted in the next week or so. Supercharger is definitely very tempting but it's always getting the cash together that's the problem.

What power was the crx making? Any piccies of it ? Plans sound good mate carbon and cosmic grey work so well together. Im thinking about a mugen wing to finish it off. . know what you mean about the money situation, im getting impatient now and wanting all the body work done and dusted. Sometimes I wish I had held on and found one in better condition but I wanted a project so i've made my bed so to speak, it'll only be something else when thats done though :lol:

I never had the CRX on a dyno so not to sure what kinda power it was running but it was pretty quick and it would keep up with and ep3,'s when they would try and have a little race now and again. I've got some pics of it but there all on my computer and when I come on here I'm usually on my iPad. I'll get around to uploading a few pics of it soon and might even start a build thread for my civic if I can pull my finger out. I really want the mugen wing at some point and the splitter which will finish it off nicely along with a carbon bonnet. Then it will be more performance upgrades I think. Just got the full poly bush kit today so want to get that fitted this week hopefully and see if it stiffens the car up a bit.

Sounds good! you should get a thread going mate, i do most of it on my phone and it can be abit of a hassle at times ..is your ep3 a daily drive or weekend/track? Never been in a fully polybushed car but should imagine it will be pretty damn stiff and quite a hard ride. I fitted the vibra technics mount last week and its made the car feel so much more raw, theres also a mystery tapping/rattle thats appeared since so thats another bloody thing to sort out. suspect its a exhaust bracket or something similar, the fun never ends lol

My Ep is a daily drive but I don't need to use my car for work so it more for a bit of fun and getting from A To B. It pretty stiff already with the coilovers. Gonna get front upper strut brace at some point to. My next job is to fix the rattling baffle in my dc sports mid section as it's doing my head in and also get some red stuff pads front and rear and braided hoses I think.

As for the missing bits... ive repainted the grille and added a new badge, and repainted the centre caps with new decals

Also fixed the mugen splitter to the bumper today..

Just need some mesh fitted then its ready for the bodyshop :twisted:

My Ep is a daily drive but I don't need to use my car for work so it more for a bit of fun and getting from A To B. It pretty stiff already with the coilovers. Gonna get front upper strut brace at some point to. My next job is to fix the rattling baffle in my dc sports mid section as it's doing my head in and also get some red stuff pads front and rear and braided hoses I think.

fair enough, doesnt sound like it should be too much of an issue then, would think twice about redstuff pads though I had them before the ds2500's and really dont rate them, they made the peddle feel wooden and were very very noisey. The only upside was they were low dusting with having white wheels was handy, but that's about it, not a patch on the ferodos tbh

I wouldn't say it's looking sorry for itself! Looks shiny and fresh to me, the small touches really do add up to make a big difference. I painted my grill NHB, it looks so much better than the horrible grey plastic, yours should look great against the red. I've just finished my centre caps too, though they're somewhat more eccentric than yours!

Back