• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

04 Accord Euro R (CL7)

Haven't posted in here in a while...the most recent events would be that the clearcoat on the roof of the car started to come off...guessing the heat of the day or days here in the tropics started to take a toll on the paintwork. Booked the car in for a new paintjob while I went to Jamaica for a conference. They ended up having my car for 5 weeks; was a total bummer but I got it back and loving it. Picked up some goodies from Japan but only got to install the Mugen short shifter thus far.

The pics:

Toda Flywheel
2014-03-24202919.jpg

Swift Bars (f/r)
2014-03-24202716.jpg

Runmax SS Brake Lines
2014-03-24202447.jpg

Mugen Short Shifter
2014-03-24202107.jpg

As she stands now...
IMG-20140308-WA0010.jpg

IMG-20140308-WA0008.jpg

IMG-20140308-WA0006.jpg

IMG-20140308-WA0014.jpg

Filtered...
IMG-20140308-WA0016.jpg

How is the Mugen short shifter?

I did order one with exhaust but because exhaust was wrong they seemed to have refunded everything.

How is the Mugen short shifter?

I did order one with exhaust but because exhaust was wrong they seemed to have refunded everything.

It's excellent. A much firmer feel over stock and the throw both front and back and side to side are much shorter. Definitely worth it if you want that firmer feel when shifting.

Looks very tidy. Like it :cool:

Cheers mate...:cool:

Anyone has details on this car:

[video=youtube;HzC1j_Wy6pg]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HzC1j_Wy6pg[/video]

[video=youtube;uyLRiNSkCY8]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uyLRiNSkCY8[/video]

Trying to find out more on the build, which JRSC they used, etc. Maybe someone knows the owner...

Look what came in the mail...:)

Mugen Airbox

2014-06-10231750.jpg

2014-06-10231807.jpg

And on the way...

Used Stoptech Big Brake Kit...managed to score this from an American forum for the Acura TSX which is the same and the EDM Accord Euro. Looks to be in good condition but a rebuild kit is on the way just in case. Installation won't be for a while as I don't think the stock 17x7 +55 wheels have enough clearance for the calipers. I need to run an 18" wheel with an offset of +35. Anything higher will require spacers but a test fit can't hurt!!!.

DSC_5710.jpg

DSC_5718.jpg

I'm thinking of getting StopTech BBK's for mine too but will see how the car brakes first with more power.

You have some proper tasty parts for your motor.

I'm thinking of getting StopTech BBK's for mine too but will see how the car brakes first with more power.

You have some proper tasty parts for your motor.

Thanks. I prefer to do it the other way around. Your car could be as powerful as possible if it doesn't handle or stop well you could find yourself in a 'spot of bother' (or worse) very quickly and/or very often. The standard calipers and/or rotors aren't bad to be honest especially if you get a slotted/cross-drilled rotor and uprated pads but their main flaw is the single pot slider caliper. The pot is huge and if you apply enough pressure over a long period of time, like say a track day, you will experience brake fade pretty quickly and the rotors tend to warp. That was a flaw on our cars from the factory; both the Accord and the TSX.

I did think of that but I got slotted discs with dc2500 which is super but single pot is the issues. I done the brakes first on my evo but really I didn't need to I could have just got a good set of discs and pads so thought I'd test them first. If bad then I will go bbk or see if I can get dc5 brembos to fit.

I did think of that but I got slotted discs with dc2500 which is super but single pot is the issues. I done the brakes first on my evo but really I didn't need to I could have just got a good set of discs and pads so thought I'd test them first. If bad then I will go bbk or see if I can get dc5 brembos to fit.

The DC5 Brembo will work but you'd need to get the rotor from the S2000 (300mm diameter). I think they'd just bolt right on too; no drilling or cutting. I looked at them for a bit but to get a set of them out of Japan used would've cost me about the same as the Stop Techs. I think you'd also need to run spacers with them as well.

Thanks for that! I did wonder if the DC5 brembos would be a direct fitment. I thought the front disc diameter is all ready 300mm. In currently using 300x25 discs but the original disc size I had was 300x28 but couldn't get hold of that size.

Thanks for that! I did wonder if the DC5 brembos would be a direct fitment. I thought the front disc diameter is all ready 300mm. In currently using 300x25 discs but the original disc size I had was 300x28 but couldn't get hold of that size.

I think the S2000 rotor width might be < 25mm. I actually tried to do a custom setup with some Wilwood 4 pots but the standard rotor was too wide as the Wilwoods I got only allowed for a rotor that was 20.5 mm wide so I abandoned that project; just need to get them sold now...lol.

I just read the whole tread mentions about the height between the two rotors. That's the difference. Wow I'm all up for hunting for a set of DC5 brembos. I seen someone else running wilwoods on their CL7. He said their really good.

I just read the whole tread mentions about the height between the two rotors. That's the difference. Wow I'm all up for hunting for a set of DC5 brembos. I seen someone else running wilwoods on their CL7. He said their really good.

Yeah the rotor height seems to be of some concern but the difference seems so small to me to be making such a fuss about. You might be able to score some Brembos in a scrap yard or check out some of the importers in the UK; they may be able to source parts directly out of Japan. Just know that DC5 Brembos in good nic out of Japan will run you about $300 quid and that's before shipping and duties.

Wilwoods are great once matched with a nice pad. I had some on my previous ride and the improvement over stock was like night and day.

Been having a look yesterday. Only one I can find was on ebay which is £575 ($975) and I think that's slightly too much. Will have to add it to the wanted forums and see if anyone has any lying around.

Back