• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

04 Accord Euro R (CL7)

Been having a look yesterday. Only one I can find was on ebay which is £575 ($975) and I think that's slightly too much. Will have to add it to the wanted forums and see if anyone has any lying around.

Think outside the box...well outside of the UK. Your purchasing power in the US or Japan, because of the exchange rates, is far greater than say mine. You could pic up DC5 Brembos in the US for less the £575 just know that in the US those parts don't stick around very long. Click here and scroll down. Unfortunately they only have complete setups (front and rear).

Think outside the box...well outside of the UK. Your purchasing power in the US or Japan, because of the exchange rates, is far greater than say mine. You could pic up DC5 Brembos in the US for less the £575 just know that in the US those parts don't stick around very long. Click here and scroll down. Unfortunately they only have complete setups (front and rear).

I emailed a contact in Japan see if I can just get fronts. He told me to check out bidjdm.com.

Seen the ones from states, shame you can't just get the fronts alone. For the price I can get k sports for £900 new but k sports plenty of pros and cons on them. Keep my options open because if I get used brembos I would like to get them refurbished and with discs and pads the k sports would seen about the same price then. Brembos obviously far superior. What do you think of k sport?

I emailed a contact in Japan see if I can just get fronts. He told me to check out bidjdm.com.

Seen the ones from states, shame you can't just get the fronts alone. For the price I can get k sports for £900 new but k sports plenty of pros and cons on them. Keep my options open because if I get used brembos I would like to get them refurbished and with discs and pads the k sports would seen about the same price then. Brembos obviously far superior. What do you think of k sport?

K-Sport to me is like old school skunk 2. With time they'll improve. When I get back from lunch I'll send you a link that will make you very happy!

Mugen intake installed. Ye old butt dyno suggests better throttle response and a little more bottom end torque. The intake is also quieter than the open pod filter I had before. The pics:

2014-06-15081056.jpg

2014-06-15081137.jpg

Didn't take any pics of the block off plate (under the airbag sensor with yellow plug) and trumpet in the fender liner area but here's a borrowed pic from another forum:

Mugenintakeblockoffplateandtrumpet_zps9a68d798.png

this is very nice..i have just bought the icetronix cl7 euro R..im selling off the front dc5 brembo's if your interested as i have up graded to spoon calipers

i will try and start a topic on the car when i get chance.she has needed some tlc.but running great now

have you had any problems fitting your weapon R header?
im going to fit weapon R header and silanced j's 70 RR this week from my cl9.but ive been told it wont fit the cl7 properly as the head is 20mm shorter.and will make the manifold 20mm closer to the road.and not fit the B pipe properly

Last edited by a moderator:
this is very nice..i have just bought the icetronix cl7 euro R..im selling off the front dc5 brembo's if your interested as i have up graded to spoon calipers

i will try and start a topic on the car when i get chance.she has needed some tlc.but running great now

have you had any problems fitting your weapon R header?
im going to fit weapon R header and silanced j's 70 RR this week from my cl9.but ive been told it wont fit the cl7 properly as the head is 20mm shorter.and will make the manifold 20mm closer to the road.and not fit the B pipe properly

Cheers for the compliments. The icetronix CL7 is a great buy. Can't wait for the topic to be started.

I was looking at the DC5 Brembos but they were expensive out of Japan and still required some fabrication to make them fit. Where I live finding someone who does quality work at a reasonable price and within a reasonable amount of time is always a challenge. I therefore opted to get a Stoptech big brake kit, however, they require 18" wheels and a minimum offset of about +40. I just test fitted them to see how they looked then took them off; still searching for perfect wheel...lol.

The Weapon R header went on without any drama but I bought 1 for the CL7 and not the CL1. I can honestly say it's the best bang for buck upgrade I've made. The stock header and catalytic converter are very restrictive but the WR just flows free and releases the HP. Ultimately, it's metal which can be cut and welded so the CL1 application may not bolt back perfectly but if you have it installed by a professional, he or she should know what it's required to make it fit.

Last edited by a moderator:
Icetronix are still in business? That's unfortunate...and they still on bed with TDP or are they gone?

O

Nice teasing!! Those rims will look wicked on your ride bro! Just read your whole thread. Your ride is sweet! Loving the Mugen shifter!

Cheers mate. Just deciding on what rubber I'll use then I can drop them on. Hoping they'll look great!

CL7-R

very nice wheels.i put mine on a dyno over the weekend made 283bhp.very happy.and sounds epic with toda exhaust

Wheels mounted...went with Goodyear F1 Directional 5's in 225/40/18. Very little rubbing but I'll get the fenders rolled for sure .Hoping to do the big brake kit this weekend...

IMG-20150712-WA0029.jpg

IMG-20150712-WA0028.jpg

IMG-20150712-WA0024.jpg

nice,is it me or does your car look high off the ground?

my mods are
jackson racing supercharger
skunk 2 cams
weapon r header
toda catback
kpro

nice,is it me or does your car look high off the ground?

my mods are
jackson racing supercharger
skunk 2 cams
weapon r header
toda catback
kpro

Okay nice list. It's not you...Lol. The car is a little taller than when it was on the OEM 17s; a 35 series tire might have kept the height the same but I'm not sure. Contemplating going lower but the roads here are crap at best so it might not be worth it in the long run.

CL7-R

nice,have you got a problem with your brakes?the front disc looks scored

They're actually like that because the car was parked for the better part of 3 months while I waited to get a replacement alternator. Nowhere here sells them or had parts to service it so I had to fly one in from the US. That side of my car faces the east and the rain tends to fall from east to west on the island. The pic was taken on my first drive out so the pads are now soaking up the rust marks.

After a few days they'll be back to normal but I don't plan on keeping them on much longer as I have a big brake kit to install.

CL7-R

Back