• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

04' Satin Silver EP3 - My First Honda

Ah apologies mate, I got the wrong end of that. Good to hear you are impressed with it, you think you could see yourself in a EP3?

Absolutely love the EP3 mate, As said in my original post, i have had Volkswagens ever since i passed my test until i got the EP3 November 2015, I've had MK1s MK2s GTi's and it might be a bold statement, as much as i loved those cars, this car is my favourite i've owned, it is so much fun, the way it handles, i love the whole VTEC delivery and sound of it. Only problem is how addictive it is, I have got so many plans in my head but we all know that comes with large amounts of money to be spent.
Hi mate. Tbh not now as I'm hitting 36 and have 3 kids so will need a 5 door next (focus st?) Absolutely loving the fn2 though, the vtec is addictive but not been on a spirited drive recently due to the weather / budget tyre combo!

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Nice read. Think you did the right thing getting the lsd and geometry set first. Good to hear grinspeed did a good job as mine will be going their shortly for a lsd and frsu. Not sure I would be though if I had to drive 3hrs to him

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks GodSequal, yeah I wanted to get that done first, I will then look at mapping at some point! Grinspeed are worth it so I'm not fussed on the distance really mate.

Went for a spirited drive at the weekend, can't explain how good having a LSD is, the grip in the wet is unreal.
Next on the list is to replace front shocks, Super Pro the front end, JDM ARB rear.

062da79ebba7ee427683b29d67d77fa6.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hoping to get a diff at some point, your positive comments about it confirm it's in the plans for me! Was so effective on the Teg

Yeah it's worth it Tom, it's so noticeable, I'm glad I went with the Spoon Final Drive too, just need to Map now with header and inlet, should be sweet as.

Hi All,

I have found myself lacking on updates for the Civic again, I have been doing bits to the car but once again forget to document these at the time.

Nothing exciting yet, but as said previously in the thread, there was something not quite right with the front end, felt a little distant, i knew the shocks were on their way out so decided on refreshing the front end with the following:

Apologies for the lack of pictures of the work, but this is what I have changed:

Genuine Honda Front shocks
Genuine Honda top mounts
New balljoints
Super Pro Castor correct front bush kit

As you can imagine the car feels amazing now, i'm quite blown away with the Castor correct bushes, the steering feels fantastic, especially coupled with the MFactory diff, such a small mod that has made a huge difference on my EP3.

Some might argue why i Haven't opted for coilovers and went to the extent of buying genuine shocks, I don't want a harsh ride, I know a few who have them on their EP3s and they say that they can be very stiff/bouncy on B roads, which is something I certainly don't want, I might lose out slightly on a couple of track days but this is my every day car and i'm sure it will hold up ok with the Eibachs and FRSU!

Few bits to do next, oil and filter, Meyle HD drop links, Super Pro ARB bushes and a coolant change.
32919813450_377b7d4aae_c.jpg

I'm hoping after all of the above, I can purchase two new genuine headlights as mine are ruined beyond polishing, one suffering from water ingress. Might also look towards some Project Mu pads, RPB discs also with braided hoses and some fresh fluid. I have so much I want to do the the car, starting to get a really good feel of it now, the list of upgrades is endless!

Anyway, some pics of my car at our CTRO_BEDS meet last month:

32919813120_1ed698d52b_c.jpg

33302452175_5fbe775ecd_c.jpg

Some photos courtesy of Nightrunner on here, cheers man, nice clean photos as always:
33302452325_9285f93886_c.jpg

32487833643_2b0d492a55_c.jpg

Apologies there isn't much exciting on this update, more to come soon :)

Thanks for looking,

L.

Nice photo's and good looking car. I put a JDM ARB on the rear and used SuperPro bushes and Meyle HD Droplinks, think you will be happy with those.

I'm in Bedfordshire and just wondering how many people do you get to these meets out of interest?

Thanks man, yeah i'm looking forward to getting them fitted, I have a Rear JDM ARB to go on also.

Meet wise we haven't been going long, but the word has spread and the numbers are rising nicely, we had 20 cars in February! Bring on the warmer weather! Feel free to pop along mate!

Thanks for the comments,

L.

Being a new EP3 owner myself, this thread is a treasure trove of ideas so thank you for posting it

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk

Back