• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

05 ep3 problem

Need abit of help
got a strange feeling sound accelerating through 1st and 2nd, it feels like the engine moves and the exhaust manifold blows under fairly hard acceleration. I can feel so sort of movement through the pedel and in the the car. Under normal steady driving it's fine.
theres no lights on the dash oil level is fine and the cars do 117k
Any help I'd appreciate.

Feeling engine movement = check engine mounts.

Exhaust blowing under acceleration = new gaskets needed.

It only seems to blow when I get the movement feeling under hard acceleration in 1st 2nd
idle and normal driving there's no issues at all.

I still think you should get the engine mounts checked. The front one is prone to splitting, thus getting allot of movement from the engine under hard acceleration and causing the exhaust to stress with this movement. That's more than likely why the exhaust is blowing because you are booting **** out of the car in 1st to 2nd gear.

I could well be wrong but it is the first thing i would look at. If the mounts are not split then look at getting inserts or stiffer mounts to combat the engine movement.

As above, he has got it spot on really. Sounds like mounts, even if they are not split, over time they 'relax', just changing them with OEM mounts will be a massive improvement. If you don't want to spend that much, get the inserts this alone will stiffen things up.

Got some innovative billet 60a mounts on order.
hopefully this will sort the problem out
why don't they sell the front lower mount in the kit as there are 4 mounts but they only sell you 3 lol.

Back