• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

05 premier edition EP3 - EML intermittent.

Hi,

I have recently purchased my EP3 and the EML light came on yesterday(annoying!). I took it a garage today for a diagnostics check and the mechanic told me I have a problem with my lambda sensor. He said the voltage measurement just exceeded 1V and this is when the EML comes on. Although the majority of the time the reading is betweent 0.6-0.8V which is fine. I don't have the code of the fault (thought it was on reciept but isn't) so will have to phone on monday. As far as driving the car everything is fine, Vtec still kicks in as it should etc etc. Been fine since I bought the car but now this engine light.

Does anyone know what may have caused it? And whether it is likely to be just the sensor which needs to be replaced?

Thanks a lot,

Have finally got the fault code from the garage again, it was P0132. It is intermittment, EML hasnt been on for a week, just came on today again. Is it the pre cat sensor i need do you know? Long green wire?

Thanks

Engine code P0132 (Intermittent)

The garage believe it is probably just the pre cat Lambda sensor. Does this make sense?

Thanks,

Jon

Fault description: O2S (H02S) (S1) VOLTAGE HIGH

Back