• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

06 plate ep3 alarm after battery disconnect

Hi,

I've got an 06 plate EP3 and was fitting some new stereo stuff. Everything was fine until I had to reconnect the battery and the alarm wont stop going off.

The remote still works, doors open fine, the car starts and runs fine etc, it's just the siren doesn't seem to stop.

I'm in a bit of a hurry to sort this (I will have no ability to get to a garage soon), I don't want to have to remove fuses and disconnect the battery.

Really got no idea what to do, bar disconnect the siren and then worry about it later. Any ideas?I don't care so much about not having that for the time being.

Many thanks,
Alan.

when the alarm is going off try and lock/unlock the car with the actual key in the drivers door lock, may reset itself :)

I tried that and does nothing. It locks fine, but just keep going off. Also tried holding buttons down, reconnecting the battery with the ignition on, reconnecting it and then unplugging the alarm module with engine running (well if that's what the white box is that says security on it) and it's just the same.

I just removed them, there's no water or anything odd looking. Tried it with them disconnected and it just did the same thing.

Yes, it doesn't really say much at all.

Yesterday when I tried it the indicators flashed, today they don't.. not sure if that's because I haven't shut the bonnet this time. I think I will just go pull all the trim of then unplug the siren. I can't keep doing this, if I need to watch the led flashes to diagnose it and it goes off with no noise then cool, but the neighbours will come and kill me soon.

Actually sod taking the car apart.

The indicators flash fine with the bonnet shut, as in the manual it says 3 flashes. So if the door sensors or bonnet etc were triggering it then they wouldn't flash as I understand it? So I'm guessing I didn't pull anything out taking the door cards off.

I will just go pull the fuse out, check it starts ok, then book it into a Honda garage. Hopefully should anything expensive be faulty then the warranty it's under from the garage I got it will cover it. If not, I'd be happy just to disable the whole thing and get a decent one later on. I really only bought this car to save money too :(

Where is it? I saw no fuse in the manual for security system.

Thing's disconnected now anyway. Didn't take as long as I thought and the car still starts alright. Gonna take it a drive and make sure it's working, then figure out how the hell to get all those panels back on correctly.

I've been having a slightly similar problem. Trying to fit a new head unit, the 'back up' fuse blew in the engine bay fuse box. This disabled central locking completely, yet the central locking fuse was fine. Try checking the 'back up' fuse, it will be labelled in the manual.

Hi, and thanks for the suggestion :)

If that fuse is removed the central locking is indeed disabled, and it will turn the alarm off, and also appears to render the car immobilised. What I'd been looking for after one of the posts here was a fuse specifically for the alarm, which doesn't appear to exist. The backup one was fine from the start, although I did remove it to see.

There's been no ill effect from disconnecting the siren, everything is still working as expected, so I can only assume that it is faulty in some way (I'm unsure as to whether a drained backup battery would cause it to go off?). Quite a few posts on the net make reference to having had once replaced by Honda. Personally, I'd rather spend some cash on a better alarm in time.

Hi there, where abouts is the siren? is it passenger side rear panel?

are the panels easy enough to take off? do you go from the inside passenger rear?

Im having the exact same problem.

backup battery has drained and honda say you need to replace the full siren/unit so im just going to disconnect it.

Hi,

It's on the drivers side.

The plastics aren't too bad, but it's one piece all the way back to the middle of the boot. Whether there's an easier way or not, I ended up having to just remove the seats, seatbelts, rear speaker I think, all the screws etc and took the full thing off. It wasn't very hard to do by any means, and it all popped back in no bother, just took a little while.

Just so you know, that's a year in and I've had no problems.

Sorted it mate thanks for that!

I rung honda to see if the alarm can be disabled but they are saying it cant..

so untill i get alarm disabled I cant have another :-/ lol!

Back