• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

07 FN2 - Aux options

Hi all,

First post so bare with me.

I wish to play music from my iphone and understand there are a few different solutions.

I have an 07 FN2 without satnav, I am not too fussed about having steering wheel control or track information on my display. Basically looking for advice on which solutions are best and what people have gone for.

Cheers

Woz

The OEM head unit on early cars didn't come with any easy aux options. They only added that on the '09 facelifted cars.

You can get an iPod cable but Honda have discontinued them now so you are looking at second hand if you can find one.

There is a Connects2 module that can do a similar job, but both this and the iPod cable mean taking the head unit out to get to the back of it, and it's pretty much a dash out job.

The wife uses an iTrip which is basically a mini radio transmitter that you connect your device to and you tune your radio into. Obviously you can then only change the volume through the head unit. She's not had any issues with it, so could be a good option.

The expensive option is to swap out the head unit to something that has an aux port.

Thanks for all the replies,

Initially I wanted a double din but then quickly learned that the OEM head unit does more than play music and is quite an integral bit of kit, so I have been put off that, plus the fitting looks to be a bit too complicated.

I am leaning more towards a connects2 kit, seems to be the cheapest and best all-round option.

Back