• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1.4 Bumper Into CTR Bumper...Is it possible? (Results!!!!)

Dynax

The Babysitter
Think quite a few were interested in this, as it may prove a cheaper/easier way to get the pre-facelift kit on a car... (Carl was iirc)

Many might know, i had the facelift type-r bumper with the facelift mugen grille on my car.....

I've been a huge fan of the pre-facelift mugen kit, and decided to change to this...The only bumper i had was the 1.4 bumper with a moulded grille in..

3.jpg

As you can see, its not possible to fit the pre-facelift mugen grille in this without buying a pre-facelift CTR bumper...until........

With advice from jason, i took a hacksaw and jigsaw to my bumper :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

Results : Yes it is possible to make it into a CTR bumper ready for the mugen kit

1.jpg

2.jpg

Pre-facelift mugen kit is ordered, and will be on the car soon :twisted:

Also meshed it whilst i was at it :)

That looks really good, what is that fern type plant called?

Meshing the bumper is also a very good idea, looks nice

You being serious about the plant lol?

I only posted it, as a few people found it easier to get hold of pre-facelift bumpers with the pre-moulded grille...

You being serious about the plant

Yes, I like my garden and I work with cars all week.
I don't get bored with the garden.
We could always start another thread about garden pics.

The bumper is not bad though, top marks for attempting anything with them - 1 mistake and they cost new about £180+vat.

Nice one :D

Shame the one on ebay sold :(

Wonder if Cosmic grey was a colour on the normal car before the facelift CTR mmmmmm

Carl

So does this mean you're using the Mugen facelift grill or you're getting a pre-FL Mugen grill?

Sorry Rich mate, but I can't see what you've done with your jigsaw. The bumper looks unchanged to me in the different photos, other than the first has the grill in situ. :?

-EDIT- Hang on I get it now, I re-read the writing in your post. You've cut out the grill to make ready for the Mugen grill.

So can I buy the old facelift Mugen grill now? :wink:

Cheers,

Tim.

Oohh, that hurt man. :wink:

Just make sure you have it sprayed in Cosmic yeah, then I can collect it from you at the NY meet. :D

Tim.

LOL, go on then, Rich will end up selling it to someone else if we carry on like this. :D

Tim.

Back