• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1/4 mile time question, clutch/fly/LSD

Chaps

My standard clutch is on its way out (on my 2002), and thinking about changing to a Clutchmasters FX300 plus lightened Flywheel and also at the same time dropping in a Quaife LSD...

Would this make much of a difference to my 1/4 mile times?

I've heard the LSD is possibly the best mod available? Would i be able to launch the car at higher revs having this?

Thanks
JD

TBH I cannot see how a ATB 1.5 way LSD like the quaife would help over mutch in bringing 1/4 mile times down. As they are designed to allow the wheels to turn at different rates during cornering. How this can help the 1/4 mile I am not sure.

I do know a lot of serious fwd 1/4 milers use a locked front diff so the power is transmitted to the wheels equally.

Of course those 1/4 mile regulars will correct me if I am wrong I am sure :D.

The flywheel make knock a tenth or so off and increase you mph a tiny bit but generally no.

Typy didnt have an lsd when he got a 13 dead.... it helps you get the best out of the car... but wont really knock time off.

Back