• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

10.69 @ 137.27

Hi all,

Set a new record at Santa Pod on Sunday. Won Japshow Finale, won HKS drag series and now Europe's Fastest Honda.

Thanks to all of the CPL Team for their help and support.

We have a video of the run - sure once Carl gets a good nights sleep he will upload it for us all to see.

1069137.jpg

Well done Scott.... great time, wonder if next year we will see a CTR in the 9's :D :D would be very cool.

Well done Scott. You so deserve it!:cool:

Times will tumble over the next 12 months and I think it quite possible we will see 9's. Just hope there are strong enough gearbox's available!:lol:
Paul Jones did an 11.0 first run yesterday with very little grip so it was looking promising. Next run he lost 2nd gear doing the burnout, then next run the gears deceided to part company with the gearbox casing!

Got a mad rush on now to get the car ready for the final Jap Racer event where hopefully we will see him up the boost and go for even quicker times.

Cant wait for next year and see Guy running as well.:twisted:

Cheers Paul,

Yea I won't be doing anything to my car apart from a cage, harness etc. Paul and Guy can battle it out, they have everything they need to do it. I'm fed up being skint all the time but it was worth it this weekend.

Standard gear box is good enough - well mine is.......... :lol: Bids for it starts at £25k :cool:

Received this e-mail from Santa Pod:-
New UK Records set at the JapShow Finale 6 & 7 October 2007

It almost comes as no surprise to find that the boundaries of drag racing with Japanese cars have been pushed back once again after a storming weekend at the JapShow Finale at Santa Pod Raceway. Records were being observed for Front Wheel Drive, Four Wheel Drive and Rear Wheel drive Japanese cars, and all three were smashed in dramatic style.

Scott Whitelaw ran a new UK FWD record for a Japanese car in his CPL Racing Honda Civic Type R of 10.691 seconds and 137.27mph, backing up his personal best and beating Paul Jones’ record which stood for just one week.

Andy Barnes ran a new UK 4WD record in his Sumo Power Nissan Skyline R33 GTR of 8.408 seconds and 162.48mph. Andy ran a personal best of [email protected] but failed to back it up to 1% for the record. This is an outright record for any 4WD car in the UK.

Steve Whittaker ran a new UK RWD record for a Japanese car in his XS Power Toyota Supra, which ran a record pass of 8.389 seconds, and a record speed of 168.61mph. Steve also ran an 8.013 second pass and one with a terminal speed of 173.14mph but failed to back up either to within 1%.

All records stated are backed-up to within 1% at the same event in accordance with MSA regulations.

When you say built engine, what rods and pistons did u use. Was the block sleeved. I now live outside the UK and only dream of such a well tuned car

I am not too sure what rods and pistons - Guy @ CPL selects them but doesn't tell me who made them. As long as they are strong thats all I'm worried about.

Still on stock sleeves, although I think were pushing them right to their limit with just over 600bhp.

Back