• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

12.5 Seconds with a bit of Gas :) (Ticket Added)

Peter Pan

I aint posting no more!
Well its been done, Guy Chamberlain from CPL Racing again pushes the boundries and goes 12.5 Seconds (in his black development Civic)

The car is Runs the following for people that are intersted

Toda Header
Toda Cat Back
CAI Filter
IPS K2 Cams
Quaife Diff
Clutchmaters Clutch
Hondata K-Pro

We went to USC on Friday just do a bit of testing and Guy managed a run of 12.5 Seconds running "80 shot of Gas"

The Gas is cintrolled through a little 2Black Box" that Guy has developed that controls it, and this is used along with K-Pro to control the Gas and Fuel

Congrats to him on a 12.5 Second run at 108 MPH :)

Also big congratulations go to Andy Nichols in his MG Rover for first breaking Guys record with a 11.1 Second run (Running Turbo and Gas) and then later in the day running a 10.8 Second run.

Congratulations to andy for being the First FWD in the 10 Second bracket and being the fastest FWD car.

Looks like Guys got some competition and some work to do, but a 10 Second pass in the Turbo Civic ??? Maybe not this season

DX5212.jpg

Hang on did you not say to me 'using gas was cheating' ??? :). When I mentioned the N/A Corsa running 11's na, you said it was not really n/a as it used gas....

please explain to my fuddled old head :D

Fair play 8)

Gas is like a person running on drugs. It will improve their speed but once it's run out/the drugs worn off it's back to being slow (or slower as the case may be ;) )

G said:
Hang on did you not say to me 'using gas was cheating' ??? :). When I mentioned the N/A Corsa running 11's na, you said it was not really n/a as it used gas....

please explain to my fuddled old head :D

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Exactly....plus its always been classed as boosted by Pete until now. :wink: :lol:

I remember him keep saying that every time I got a faster time with gas. :wink:

Pure NA fastest in the UK is still Paul Jones with the Toda powered 2.2 running Toda A3 cams at 13.2@108. :wink:

Well done Guy. Was impressive to see that run then followed by Andy with his 10.8@137.
Worrying thing is there is more to come out of Andy's car as it wasnt a good launch and he had a lot of spin.
Get that big engine in and go for it! :twisted:

Bloody hell lads read the post

WHERE have I said that he is the fastest N/A Civic ???

I havent, Paul Jones as TP said still holds that record (for now :twisted: )

The Corsa you talk about ran at USC as well and ran a 12.2 and followed that up with a 11.9 the Corsa is running 150 SHOT of NOS and is more trick than people believe :)

so running a 12.5 On 80 Shot aint all that bad really :) considering the Corsa is running 150 Shot, I think you see where im going, its possible to run 200 shot through a single injector, but not sure how long a standard engine would hold out :)

TP I have always said that GAS is cheating and still do and I deffinately dont class it as n/a but I have never said Guy ran N/A anywhere in my thread, so really dont see why people are jumping up and down about.

In 3 runs running more or less the same amount of Gas that your running as confirmed by you Guy has gone into the 12s in 3 runs actually he did 12.9 on his first run :) Toda Header / Toda CAT Back just like yours.

I really dont see how you never got into the 12s to be honest in your car, as you were trying for ages and ages, anyway seems like your more into corners now, and your skyline so doubt we will see it

So what's this on the other forum then :p

Tarticus said:
What kind of 60ft times did Guy got with this car?

1.777 Seconds 60ft

and yer its the Fastest N/A Civic :)

But serious congrats to Guy, think I might have to get a similar spec to beat ya :p

Carl

N77 said:

Tarticus said:

1.777 Seconds 60ft

But serious congrats to Guy, think I might have to get a similar spec to beat ya :p

Carl

oooh busted.....:D :D

Great time, but hate NOS & have been known to say it's "Ghey Power".

Take nothing away from the car or driver though.

N77 said:

Tarticus said:

1.777 Seconds 60ft

Carl

Was replying to the previous post who had said is it the fastest N/A Civic

and in his opinion he said it was ................................ dont really matter point proved, fit gas 3 runs bang well into the 12 seconds :p

Tarticus said:
N77 said:

Tarticus said:

1.777 Seconds 60ft

Carl

Was replying to the previous post who had said is it the fastest N/A Civic

and in his opinion he said it was ................................ dont really matter point proved, fit gas 3 runs bang well into the 12 seconds :p

True.....What fuel was in the car? Was it the 108 race stuff you boys normally use?
Also nice to see the track well prepped just before the run. :wink: Not a privilege most of us drag regulars get unfortunately. :lol:
(Maybe this was just a coincidence as the twin drag car was next up the strip straight after Guy....but then again they prepped the track just prior to Andy Nicholls runs as well :!: )

Do think I should have a go for it though...shit or bust so to speak. thing is I like to drive mine home so the risk of broken driveshafts is always at the back of my mind. :(

True.....What fuel was in the car? Was it the 108 race stuff you boys normally use?
Also nice to see the track well prepped just before the run. Wink Not a privilege most of us drag regulars get unfortunately. Laughing
(Maybe this was just a coincidence as the twin drag car was next up the strip straight after Guy....but then again they prepped the track just prior to Andy Nicholls runs as well Exclamation )

Do think I should have a go for it though...crap or bust so to speak. thing is I like to drive mine home so the risk of broken driveshafts is always at the back of my mind. Sad

No idea what Fuel Guy was running, think it was Tesco 99 Ron, as for Driveshafts get some uprated ones then they wont (or shouldnt break)
I also not sure how you spinning up using them cheater Hosier drag radials you use as well, should stick like shit to a blanket.

Well done guy!

Was some very quick FWD Cars.

1 in the 10's
4 thats i saw in the 11's
7+ in the 12's

Maybe 3 out of all those cars had road legal tyres on.

Back