• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

15mm wheel spacers

just fitted 15mm eibach spacers to my fn2 .already got 15mm eibach lowered springs. really worried about clearance. about an inch clearance to wheel arch liner. has anybody got this set up and got rubbing issue. surely fast driving and undulations needs more clearance? why sell this set up if there are problems?

Hiya mate, i asked the same question yesterday as i am thinking of doing the same.

Apparently over time with bumps, potholes and heavy braking it wears holes in the arch lining so i will do one or the other. Probably not what you want to hear after all that effort.

Can you see a noticable diiference with the wheel spacers on?

Sent from my SM-G903F using Tapatalk

Hiya mate, i asked the same question yesterday as i am thinking of doing the same.

Apparently over time with bumps, potholes and heavy braking it wears holes in the arch lining so i will do one or the other. Probably not what you want to hear after all that effort.

http://type-r-owners.co.uk/forums/showthread.php?t=99647 :smt023

this is unacceptable. many dealers sell these options as a good improvement. how when the tyre catches the wheel arches?wish I had bought the whiteline rear anti-roll bar now instead. really don't want my red trims popping off.

just fitted 15mm eibach spacers to my fn2 .already got 15mm eibach lowered springs. really worried about clearance. about an inch clearance to wheel arch liner. has anybody got this set up and got rubbing issue. surely fast driving and undulations needs more clearance? why sell this set up if there are problems?
don't know why I said an inch clearance. just get a finger underneath lol. worse than I thought

Seems strange that its a recommended mod when it can cause issues like that. I'm just going to lower mine and have the FRSU done i think

I had to have 15mm spacers on the front of mine to clear the Stoptech BBK. If I hadn't of had that kit on I would have taken them off to be honest.

If they're on the car now, run it and give it a go and see how you get on. I had 1.7deg neg camber on the front with mine, so my tyres should have been tucked in more at the outer arches than normal but they still caught.

Looks good though.

They were catching here, but that's to be expected. :lol:

Img_2424edit.jpg

How it looks static. I had 15mm front and rear but no issues at the rear.

Sdc12573.jpg

Sdc12568.jpg

Sdc12559.jpg

Sdc12547.jpg

Its a shame it causes a problem, it gives the car a bit of a better stance.

I haven't really done it for looks. wanted the extra 30mm wider wheelbase for cornering.thinking about new suspension but so much to get right.oh and to get wrong lol. been looking at koni fsds but when enquired they apparently don't do them for the type r !!!!!

everything is good. it definitely looked like the tyres would rub. but with the frsu by abp they don't even with spirited driving. any one thinking of 15mm drop with 15mm wheel spacers do it. with road tyres you are fine.track tyres probably will rub ask loxy lol.

Back