• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1996 Ek shape 1.4.

Hi,
Right i own a 1996 civic 1.4, and in january it will be going in for a respray, however the engine will be coming out,1 to make the respray easier in the engine bay, and 2 for some extra power, and instead of changing it for a b series, its being sent of to a company for a rebore and some other mods to see it running a few extra BHP, my question is does anyone know what i can do in regards to the ECU? can i get it remapped at all, or would i have to spend a fare wack of cash on something stand alone, thats if i could even find anything stand alone which i might be able to use. obviously it will be having a long intake and full exhaust system fitted etc etc so i obviously need it setting up in some way.
i cant seem to find any info on the 1.4 version at all.

Any helps appreciated.

Thanks!
;)

like everyone else? or maybe a b16....... like everyone else lol. (no offence to anyone whos done this by the way) just rather do somethin a bit different, and not have to mess around with wiring looms etc!

Like everyone else? Not many people have the K20 in an EK over here! Or B18 the thing, don't waste your time on a crappy 1.4i..

OK, you could chuck some hefty money at a 1.4 pov spec econo box.. and maybe get a few more ponies out of it.

Or, you could save that money, put a "better" (i use the term loosely) B16/B18/B20 in; or if you want to go for cheap boost a d16. Then you have more "standard" power than a modded d14, with much more room to play with.

Theres a reason people do it mate, tried and tested.

Although im a firm believer in "buy the car the engine is built around" as swaps seem to be nothing but trouble in my experience.

The streakster is right tho, a B20/vtec head would be my choice over all the B's, as I would go boost later on!

Back