• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1st gear selection problem

Hi all just wondered if anyone out there has had any similar problems or any ideas on a fix. Sometimes not always I struggle to select 1st gear and when approaching junctions it takes quite an effort. Every other gear works fine any help or ideas would be great cheers!

From experience, most vehicle won't go into first gear unless you're either at crawling speed or completely standstill.
If you still get the issue at standstill. It'll either be a clutch issue or a synchro problem.

Hi all just wondered if anyone out there has had any similar problems or any ideas on a fix. Sometimes not always I struggle to select 1st gear and when approaching junctions it takes quite an effort. Every other gear works fine any help or ideas would be great cheers!

If it doesn't go in 1st gear the first time, release your clutch and dip it and then select it

Gearbox needs to be removed and then stripped down for repair.

Sounds costly! :( I'm going to have a look inside behind the gear stick and see if I can put some grease in or look see if it's catching anything (hoping it's something easy haha!)

Back