• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

1st real wash

I decided to ask for Some detaling products for my birthday (today) as i had never really cleaned my car properly. I usually use a wash & wax all in one and then chamio it off after that was about it. So this is my first go.....

I must say a big thanks to joe^ for advice on some of the products purchased :)

Products used:
Meguiars clay kit
Meguiars wash mit
Meguiars hot shine tyre spray
Meguiars water magnet dry towel
Auto glym Bodywork shampoo conditioner
Auto glym super resin polish
Auto glym gloss protection
Auto glym custom wheel cleaner
Mr muscle window glass cleaner

RESULTS

101_1756.jpg

101_1722.jpg

101_1729.jpg

101_1746.jpg

101_1739.jpg

101_1742.jpg

101_1736.jpg

My camera realy doesnt do it justice!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Thanks guys i was very impressed with the clay got loads of crap out of the paint! Still got some bits of tar on the doors that would like to remove but read a few places not to go to mental with the clay as you can damage the paintwork.

I saw some spray at halfrauds to remove tar is this any good? or should i just re-clay soon to remove the rest of the tar????

Thanks guys i was very impressed with the clay got loads of crap out of the paint! Still got some bits of tar on the doors that would like to remove but read a few places not to go to mental with the clay as you can damage the paintwork.

I saw some spray at halfrauds to remove tar is this any good? or should i just re-clay soon to remove the rest of the tar????
try the spay as claying shouldnt be done very frequent. only when the paint feels rough. after a claybar it should be as smooth as glass. i do mine once a year maybe if that

try the spay as claying shouldnt be done very frequent. only when the paint feels rough. after a claybar it should be as smooth as glass. i do mine once a year maybe if that

Ok nice one it is like you say smooth as glass just stilL a few black marks from tar build up over the years. doubt you notice yours with NHB :lol:

haha yeah thats one of the nice things with nhb i have a small amount of tar on my drivers door right at the bottom but thats the only bit im aware of. i have some auto glym stuff that i use for it when it gets a proper clean and polish (around every 6 months :lol:) .
it gets jetwashed everyweek but things like that get left

If you're going to clay the car, make sure your surface is nice and lubricated (fnarr fnarr), otherwise you will get marring marks where the clay catches and they can be a bitch to get out.

You can clay as often as you want, but tbh, twice a year should do the trick. I often plop the clay bar into a bucket of clean warm/hot water to get it nice and supple too. Also if you drop it on the floor, discard. Do not want. etc.

Detailing is a slippery slope my friend. I dread to think how much I've spent already and I'm not even that anal.

If you're going to clay the car, make sure your surface is nice and lubricated (fnarr fnarr), otherwise you will get marring marks where the clay catches and they can be a bitch to get out.

You can clay as often as you want, but tbh, twice a year should do the trick. I often plop the clay bar into a bucket of clean warm/hot water to get it nice and supple too. Also if you drop it on the floor, discard. Do not want. etc.

Detailing is a slippery slope my friend. I dread to think how much I've spent already and I'm not even that anal.

:lol:

I used pretty much the whole bottle of the lubricant as i was advised that was the main thing to be careful of. I am a bit of a perfectionist so i can see this is going to start taking up alot of time, the missus is not going to understand :lol:

That washmitt you have is for the wheels isn't it?

Hope you have a lambswool mitt for the bodywork ;)

Although I do now use the megs microfibre for the wheels only I used to use it for the bodywork with no problems. It's the technique more than anything that makes the difference (i.e. ensuring there is no grit in the mit before applying it to the panel).

That washmitt you have is for the wheels isn't it?

Hope you have a lambswool mitt for the bodywork ;)

says its for use on the car! I used a sponge on the wheels :)

If lambswool is recomended i will purchase one, as it would be much easier to wash the wheels with the washmitt than a sponge....:)

Looks great :)
It's not easy to get a shine on a silver car either.

What is you car lowered on?

Back