• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2.5 or 3 inch for n/a build ep3

Hi guys just a quickie I've done some searching around as I still any find an answer , I want to stay n/a some say go for a 2.5 some say go for a 3 inch exhaust so I'm confused on which size to buy for better figures

i wanted to to get the spoon n1 with the spoon b pipe, then I was told that the spoon b pipe was restrictive and go for a 3inch so I'm confused so a little help would be much appreciated

Cheers

When I had the Supercharger, I went from 2.5" to 3" and results on the same dyno showed considerable gains mid-range and a 12bhp increase top end.

Might not give the same gains on an N/A but it will be an improvement.

I'm 270bhp N/A on the dyno and I'm on a 3" solid fabs system.

Best thing to do is go to MIJ, they'll hand make you a 3" system for less than an off the shelf 2.5" one costs.

Thanks guys I'll be getting a 3inch then I would go for a skunk 2 but it's way to loud for my liking any suggestions welcome , as long as it can be fitted to a toda manifold

Hi
I have a 2.5" un silenced middle section running to a spoon back box. When the middle pipe arrived the 2.5" is still pretty big compared to the standard pipe, so I can imagine a 3" is huge. I've got it coupled up with the standard cat, the only problem with it was because it was a lot bigger in diameter i had to grind some of the weld down to get the bolts to sit flat when bolting it to the cat. Apart from that it is fine, it's also very loud. :)

I'm 270bhp N/A on the dyno and I'm on a 3" solid fabs system.

Best thing to do is go to MIJ, they'll hand make you a 3" system for less than an off the shelf 2.5" one costs.

Sorry if it's obvious but who are MIJ ? Location of them ?
Cheers

It has been proven 3" gives gains when NA altho they will have bad ground clearance being so big in diameter, how long untill your 3" is crushed to a 2.5" on a speed bump

Back