• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2 Codes found

Hey, My EML light came on last Saturday so I decided not to drive it until I found out what the problem is. This also gave me an excuse to get my own scanner which Santa forgot to give to me. So my scanner arrived and I've finally got around to having a look.

It has come up with 2 codes both are generic:

P0132 - Sensor circuit high voltage bank 1 sensor 1
P0219 - Engine overspeed condition

I guessed the first one would come up, I only changed that sensor about 2 months ago.
So I thought I'd ask you guys, should I change the O2 sensor again then erase the first code?
And what is the second code all about as I don't understand that one. Cheers in advance.

Get the first code fixed then reset the ECU and see if the other one comes back.

Seems I only changed that sensor not long ago do you think that something is causing it to fail? or could the second fault be causing the first?

Maybe an auto electrcian can test it out. K-Pro can turn the most common faults off these days if you want to bury your head in the sand for a bit.

I didn't get an original Honda, I got it from my local car parts supplier, Just after a permenant fix.
You need to get an original Honda one. All the other ones seem to fail after a short period of time.

Where is a good place to get a genuine Honda and roughly how much would I be looking at? I saw one before when I was looking I think it was £200 would that be right?

Hendyperformance on here can supply them or any local Honda dealer can. Unsure of price but £200 does seem about right from memory.

So I know about the first code, but any ideas on the second???

P0219 - Engine overspeed condition

I'm thinking possibly something to do with timing maybe? Anyone got any suggestions on this code?

Sometimes the O2 sensor can throw up random secondary codes. Replace the O2 sensor, reset the ECU and see if it comes back as already said.

Just an update, When the EML light came on the car was driving fine just didn't want to drive it until I got it scanned. I just thought I would erase the codes and see if the light came back on as the scanner showed (when doing a test for the O2 sensor) that it was working. So just erased both codes took it out for a 20 minute drive (some mixed driving) and all seems fine drives superb.

I did another scan when I got back to make sure and no codes were found, maybe the really wet roads caused it. So I'm just going to keep an eye on it for now and see how it goes.

Thanks to everyone who has helped as always :D

Back