• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2 days cleaning Dad's Mondeo ST

Hatton

Will Be Missed
The folks have gone away to Cornwall for a week on the train so I thought it would be a good idea to give Dad's ST a clean, as its in the garage.
I really went to town on this bad boy and im extreamly happy with the results. Performance Blue is such a rewarding colour to clean.

First up was the interior. I hoovered it out and polished all the dash and Autofreshed the Recaros and mats.
dads003Medium.jpg

dads030Medium.jpg
dads010Medium.jpg

Next i decided to clean the engine bay using Autoglym Vinyl and Rubber Care....
dads006Medium.jpg

dads008Medium.jpg

dads007Medium.jpg

I spent a good few hours doing this, so I popped the car in the garage to clean it the following day.

Heres what I used...
Clearkote Vanilla Moose Glaze
Poorboys EX-P Sealent and finally...
Poorbys Nattys Blue Wax

and here are the results.....
dads012Medium.jpg

dads016Medium.jpg

dads013Medium.jpg

dads011Medium.jpg

dads028Medium.jpg

dads023Medium.jpg

dads019Medium.jpg

dads035Medium.jpg

dads026Medium.jpg

dads036Medium.jpg

dads025Medium.jpg

dads022Medium.jpg

dads024Medium.jpg
dads037Medium.jpg

The above right pic really shows the shine.
Not bad eh?

Your Dad will be thoroughly impressed when he returns. So much so, he may even increase your pocket money! ;)

Very nice, you can't beat Natty's Blue Wax.

I had to sort my Dad's car today. He went on a cruise from Southampton for 2 weeks leaving his car parked on the dock. When he got home, it was covered in a gritty dust that had baked on the paint.

He had dried cleaning and polishing but it wouldn't shift.

I used the Megs Clay bar and it came off easily, but I have never see a clay bar so dirty. Topped it with some Megs NXT Wax, then sealant and finally Natty's Blue and it was looking great. Shame I forgot my camera.
It was a Black Mazda 6, so quite a big car to clay and wax. I'm shattered now.

Back