• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2002 Civic type r Hondata K pro ecu

Hiya i'm new to this and thinking of upgrading my ecu to the honadata k pro, has anyone had this done? Also if you have would appreciate some advice on where can get it done and the approximate costs involved, I have spoken to a few people and they seem to think could gain as much as 40 bhp! Is this true or just hype? Any help would be greatly appreciated

The Hondata K-Pro is a serious mod which will allow you to make significant gains especially when you add more mods to the package.

Being a programable ECU it will allow you to adapt and map the software according to the setup on your car.

With regards to where you can have it fitted/mapped, where do you live?

Regards,

Scouse. 8)

I live in gillingham in kent, just found out there is a place v close in sheerness called cpl or something like that??/
Is this correct, also any idea on cost of it??

millsyboy said:
I live in gillingham in kent, just found out there is a place v close in sheerness called cpl or something like that??/
Is this correct, also any idea on cost of it??

Indeed Guy Chamberlain is your local Tuner.

CPL Racing is where you will find him.

http://www.cplracing.co.uk/

The 40bhp horsepower gain will not be at top end, thats more mid range power, you are best to get kpro with a couple of other mods to make the most from it though, as you will be having a dyno tune everytime you add something on it.

Kpro is £740 and then mapping on top, for a standard car probably a couple of hours dyno time.

Carl

thanks Carl, what other mods would you suggest my car already has a k & n typhoon kit, and a powerflow exhaust, I think it has some iridium plugs that the last owner had put in it aswell, dunno if these make any difference, like i said i'm new to all this!! :oops:

Managed to get it all booked in for 8th june, can't wait, any idea's whether its worth having anything else done b4 hand, noticed that most people tend to have the hondata heatshield what does this do? Will it make any difference if i have a lightweight flywheel and better clutch etc fitted or is it not really a noticable difference on accelaration

millsyboy said:
Managed to get it all booked in for 8th june, can't wait, any idea's whether its worth having anything else done b4 hand, noticed that most people tend to have the hondata heatshield what does this do? Will it make any difference if i have a lightweight flywheel and better clutch etc fitted or is it not really a noticable difference on accelaration

Hondata Intake Manifold gasket reduces the intake temps.

Will make most difference if the car is used for a long duration or whether stoping & starting in traffic. Just means the intial intake temp will be lower than a standard, so in theory increasing the amount of power on tap in these sorts of suitations.

How much difference it makes I don't know?

HTH

Just to say what the others have said really...I got my K-Pro mapped @ CPL and its one of the best investments I've done. I gained 39hp in the mid range and 12 top end (i think).

Its the torque that makes the difference though, it pulls in gears / situations it wouldn't before, lower vtec change over means you never drop out of vtec even when you do a sloppy change etc.

The Hondata IMG keeps the intake temperatures lower to longer but it still gets just as really hot after a few hours of hard driving.

- Kevin.

Back