• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2002 ep3 type r showing fault code 131

Hey just bought a type r and loving it but my engine management light is on and I've plugged my computer into it and it's showing code 131 which is the O2 sensor the car has started to run a bit rough and it's bogging at low revs and as if it has kangaroo petrol in it will this be down to the o2 sensor or should I try something else like throttle position sensor the em light was on when I bought car 3 weeks ago and the problem has got worse only seems bad when cold though and at low revs
any help

This would be down to the O2 sensor. The ECU adjusts the fuelling from the readings on the sensor, so if the sensor is on the blink the ECU can do some strange things.

The book I got with my fault code reader is sayin O2 sensor bank 1 sensor 2 so does that mean it's the one after the cat to the back of the car hope so as I've just ordered one this morning :(

Hey just wondering can I unplug the knackerd rear O2 sensor and plug my new one in and and cable tie it up sum where until iv time to take old one out to make sure it runs okay done that with saxo vts and it worked fine seemed to run better

Back