2002 JDM EP3 - Championship White

Good things come to those who wait.

I don't have the car yet, but it's got to the front of the queue and has parts fitted. Just needs tyres and we're good to go. I'm hoping to get it within the next week. Super excited.

In the mean time I've bought insurance. Super boring stuff.

I'm hoping for some new pictures tonight or tomorrow.

Last edited:
As above, that looks stunning!

I'd recommend replacing the intake hose with a Samco jobbie as the OEM will be brittle and split with the extra flex exerted from the Gruppe M (speaking from experience, albeit with a dc5).

As above, that looks stunning!

I'd recommend replacing the intake hose with a Samco jobbie as the OEM will be brittle and split with the extra flex exerted from the Gruppe M (speaking from experience, albeit with a dc5).
Thanks for the tip, I'll look into that :)

I picked it up on Tuesday and had a 300 mile drive back home. What a riot it was. The noise it makes when vtec engages is like a savage bark, so addictive, I burned through quite a bit of fuel chasing that noise :D:D

It all seems in fairly good condition considering the age, but I need to have a good root around and see what's what. A couple of things straight off the bat:

* stereo - the actual stereo is an old pioneer unit, with gps, hard drive, mini-disc (!!!), pc card, fm radio, tv tuner, cds and probably some other crap. I have cd's and minidisks so it can stay - but the tv tuner (found a digital tv tuner under the passenger seat) and various wires and cables for the gps can all go
* suspension - blitz ZZ-R is fairly new but quite firm I'll need to soften it up
* shift knob - has a round one, to be replaced with OEM

Had a poke under the steering wheel at the rats nest of stereo wires.
SRS light is on now.

I’m sure these things are related :rolleyes:

The Japanese always seem to do crazy stuff with wiring.
I don’t even know where to begin with them. I’ve got manuals, but they are in Japanese. I’m trying to source a JDM workshop manual for the EP3. I have a US one, but I’m not sure if the wiring will be the same due the engine difference.

I want to have a reference in case anything goes wrong. Don’t want to end up with a non starter on the driveway.

How hard can it be though….