• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2004 EP3 - heater control light sometimes doesn't illuminate? Any ideas?

As title really, pic below, sometimes the light for the top adjuster for the heaters (airflow direction) doesn't illuminate when I turn my lights on. Sometimes it will fire into life, it's intermittent. Tapping it makes no difference, it will just come on when driving along if it decides to come on.

Just once the bottom control didn't light either (fan power/speed control).

Is it likely to be a controller board problem as I assume they run these due to the lag/non instant response when changing the direction of air using the dials?

Dire pic but you can see what I mean:

301120111156.jpg

I think maybe the lights are built into the dial so maybe a new dial will fix this? I'm not 100% sure though.

It's not a huge problem but I don't like knowing I have problems with my cars however big or small, probably why I'm always skint :)

I am guessing it's not just a bulb issue due to the single time the fan speed dial did the same thing. Just an annoyance I guess.

When I swapped my console I'm sure I saw bulbs for each of the dials

Only way to get at it is to take console out I'm afraid

I think I have a control unit somewhere I'll dig it out and get a photo

If you could get a pic of one that would be awesome, thanks mate.

I am due a head unit upgrade soon and I understand all that lot has to come off? Maybe that'd be a good time to get bulbs changed if thats all it's likely to be :)

Yea Honda lovingly bolted the oem unit in behind the console

It's not a hard job just needs patience so nothing gets caught

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322700031.097364.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322700031.097364.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 84
My god that looks scary :D I better get searching for guides, I may even just pay a local place to do it I think!

I followed a guide on how to do it

Didn't take me long at all, think it was only 2 screws and then a lot of clips

I changed my whole console over to a colour coded one so just fitted Headunit into it before it was near the car

My god that looks scary :D I better get searching for guides, I may even just pay a local place to do it I think!

Its not difficult, all the plugs unclip from the sockets, and they can only go into the designated plugs. Dont do it at night, it makes it 10 times harder.

Looks like it's just one bulb for the whole lot

B__1702.jpg

Number 1 on the this drawing. Hope it's that anyway as the heater control unit, number 2 is £700! :shock:

There is two bulbs

One bulb for one control, one bulb for two

Hope that helps

Attachments

• ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767196.286466.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767196.286466.jpg
    96.8 KB · Views: 91
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767211.163768.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767211.163768.jpg
    102.9 KB · Views: 80
  • ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767229.967943.jpg
    ImageUploadedByTapatalk1322767229.967943.jpg
    90.3 KB · Views: 93
Thanks everyone thats really helpful, does anyone know what type of bulb I'd need to buy to replace it, its working again tonight but it could well be just a dodgy bulb so when I get a head unit fitted it'd make sense to swap both bulbs at the same time. Mind you it's probably even worth getting some from Honda.

Thats great stuff though thanks for the pic/diagram Neil and the pics above Chris :)

I've tried to find the led replacements for them but just drew blanks

I read that they are about £4 odd each from Honda

Mine does the same, sometimes it works at others it doesn't. I've tried wacking it when it's off, as if it's a lose connection but it doesn't solve it.

I doubt a new bulb will fix it, sounds internal.

Back