• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2004 EP3 - heater control light sometimes doesn't illuminate? Any ideas?

Possibly so, I do see where you're coming from, as hitting it does nothing for me either - just intermittent.

I can learn to live with it if thats the case as long as the heaters work fine :)

let us know how you get on mate cos i've got the same sort of problem, only mines with the bottom 3 switches (rear screen de-mister, A/C and air recirculation).
Although the only 1 i've seen working recently is the de-mister and thats when it wants to! :confused:

Will let you know how I get on mate, it's still intermittent, will change the bulbs for the cost but if it doesn't sort it it's gonna be something internal with the unit.

I think that diagram on the last page which lists all the parts and bulbs should tell you what bulb you may need for your controls if it's worth swapping :)

i don't think its the bulbs because it keeps coming and going, (well 1 does!).
and i had the entire dash out over the weekend as i resprayed it and the door handles in cosmic grey :D.
had the bulbs out then but couldn't really tell if they were blown because they're so damn small, were a bit brown near the end though!
I didn't really have the time to look into it any deeper, had to have the car back together for work otherwise i could have been a bit more help :mad:

I got same issue. It was fine until I took head unit out. He c and demister light went, but now they are back. My control fan light still not on though. Can anyone help

Nightmare aint it lol, my heater control illuminations had a hissy fit the other day and none would come on! So I vtec'd about a bit in anger and 2 fired up leaving the top one unlit as usual :)

Gonna fit new bulbs in this next week, fitting new head unit so gonna remove my crap vtec light someone installed before I got the car and stick new bulbs in here to see if it sorts it, will post back with results next week.

My top light hasn't illuminated for weeks now... it's annoying me! :)

all 3 of my bottom ones aren't illuminating now which doesn't irritate me as much as it doesn't look so out of place!
But yeah let us know how you get on ;).
good luck!

Mine does this when its cold. Just the bottom lights. Comes back on after a few minutes and everything warms up. Perhaps some electric circuit somewhere?

Mine does it too when cold/damp. Bottom fan speed one but always comes back on after 10-15 mins of driving. So as already said its not the bulb(s) but a cb issue.

Just a quick update: Had a new head unit and amp wiring fitted, vtec light removed (hence the fag lighter hole for a day whilst I wait for Honda to pull their finger out!! Useless local dealer) and new bulbs fitted into the heater control unit. Seems the problem is fixed :) So worth a gamble if you ever have your dash in bits for a couple of quid on bulbs :)

The stereo aint wet, just a reflection from windscreen.

dashlights.jpg

It seems like a loose connection rather than bulb! If it goes off, just nudge the fascia in a bit, then it all goes (and stay) on again!

Just a quick update: Had a new head unit and amp wiring fitted, vtec light removed (hence the fag lighter hole for a day whilst I wait for Honda to pull their finger out!! Useless local dealer) and new bulbs fitted into the heater control unit. Seems the problem is fixed :) So worth a gamble if you ever have your dash in bits for a couple of quid on bulbs :)

The stereo aint wet, just a reflection from windscreen.

dashlights.jpg

Lol the light on the right is not on??

Good point lol! I thought that only went orange when turned on, but true I'm sure it lit up before come to think of it, I only ever noticed the others are I use them all the time.

I've gotta fit the fag lighter tomorrow so I will check it all as it was fine before if so! Typical :D

had the shame problem and by the looks of it the bulbs dont really lock in so there loose and move about but dont fall out so yeah thats why they go off and on

Last edited by a moderator:
My bulbs were in fine, but still went off an on, although now they are permanently off :lol:, the bulbs do lock in you just twist them once they're in?

Well I've had no problems since the heater control bulbs were swapped when new head unit was fitted...but the recirc button doesn't illuminate any longer. I can't be bothered to rip it all to bits, I don't really ever use that button but when you turn it on the orangey yellow on light lights up fine... so it will do, I always use the heaters so it annoyed me when they weren't lit up properly :)

Heater bulb

The heater fan bulb is out, well sometimes it comes on. The light is on in the other 2 controls (heater direction and hot to cold) Anyone have any ideas. I've read on this thread that its only one bulb but if it is how would it light up the other controls ??

Last edited by a moderator:
Back