• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2005 Honda Civic Type R EP3

Thought I'd post a few pictures of my new Type R which I picked up on Saturday. I've wanted one of these since I was 14 and my dads mate took me out in his, fell in love with it straight away. After many years of waiting I finally decided to source out a mint condition one and after a few months, I found this.

The previous owner used it as a weekend car and it came with the following;

61,000 Miles
Full Honda Services History (done every 5000 miles)
Goodyear Eagle F1's all round
AEM V2 Intake System
Lowered (unsure of height)
£5995

The condition of the car was the best I had seen and I've seen so many over the months, thought it was a brilliant deal. Great example for a 10 year old car and feels like new when driving it.

The only thing I'm thinking of changing is the suspension, maybe put it back to stock or change it to something not quite as low. I had to park in a multi storey today and the exhaust kept catching going up the ramp and down, cringed every time it grinded.

Overall, I'm one very proud Type R owner.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    210.4 KB · Views: 55
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    201.2 KB · Views: 46
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    146.4 KB · Views: 43
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 40
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    138.6 KB · Views: 37
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    130.2 KB · Views: 41
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    70.1 KB · Views: 39
Last edited by a moderator:
Condition looks amazing mate.

I'm sure you've read about the Milano paint, look amazing when like this.

Stunning car mate. Nice and tidy, love that it's been serviced every 5k. Mine gets once a year and I do an oil change after 6 months. :smt023

Woah that's immaculate. Congrats! Awesome that you've wanted one since well before you could drive and now you've got it. Enjoy it mate.

Thanks for the comments guys, really appreciated. I went into Honda today get the suspension checked out and the previous owner has only changed the springs on the car (anyone know roughly how low the car looks??? I think its around 35-40mm?? Hard to tell). Honda told me that to go back to stock springs it will cost around £770!! Im thinking of changing the springs now to either eibach or tein springs, which would change the lowering of the car to 20-25mm. Which is best??

I seriously don't know how Honda dealers stay in business! £770?! Mental. You could pick up the OEM springs for cheap (always EP3s being broken for parts) and labour costs aren't great. Probably £250 - £300 all in.

However as you're in this position then both your options are valid I'd say. I did a lot of research before I bought my Spoon springs (which I never fitted - they sank on a boat - long story!) and it seems that those, the Eibachs and Tein were all pretty much as good as each other. The key thing is to get progressive springs (which your choices are). Theory being you have a good ride when cruising about, but they stiffen up nicely on cornering.

With the mm drop you should look into getting a fast road setup so the car won't only handle much better, but you'll avoid camber issues etc which you may get with a height drop. I haven't had this done, so can't advise on the cost for this. What I can guarantee is that you could buy new springs, all the bits for a FRSU and have it all fitted for A LOT less than £770!

It looks about -30mm to me, roughly the same as mine before it was stripped out. Eibach pro kit would be a good option if you want it a little higher, I think they're around -15. Definitely look into getting the geometry set up properly at the same time, the frsu settings in the suspension section are great for a road car.

Back