• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2006 Honda Civic - ABS/VSA Check System Message

I have a daily 2006 1.8 Honda civic (fk2) and last week after driving in an unavoidable puddle, the Check ABS and VSA system message has appeared. I have run a diagnostic, cleared all faults and the following still remains:

' 54-1 - Relay fail; safe relay fail '

Does this mean the ABS relay in the exterior fuse box is faulty and needs replacing? Battery was replaced about 8 months ago so cant see this being the issue (as I have read low voltage can be an issue). Anyone with an FN2 or same generation civic had this issue?

All input is appreciated.

Hi mate I think from past experience the relay is built into the abs module. It is usually a power supply issue, if it only happened once you hit a puddle I would check all the fuses relating to the abs system then check the main multi plug for the module in case water has got inside them.

Back