• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

205 45 17 or 205 40 17 on oem wheels??

Other than the big price difference which one would you recommend?

Ordering my tyres tomorrow and im changing all 4 in the next month

So far i am going for 205 40 17 maxxis rear 205 40 17 falken or parada front

Or should i go for 205 45 17 versions

I know maxxis doesnt have the best rating but i have to say what a tyre
From previous experiance i really want to know what these are like on a type r

I might be tempted for falkens all round but i havent fully made my mind up yet

205 45 17.

It will ride a lot better than on 40 profiles.

Also, have a look at the sticky at ye top of this forum regarding tyre reviews.

There are better tyres than your current choices, but.....I'd go for falkens all round over maxxis, anyday.

Yeah i had a quick look at that
Im not over fussed about the ride really
I mostly use/got this for the track
Its not on the road that much

I think i am going for yokohama parada spec 2
Just ringing to find out if they can get them cheaper than me

I have falkens ze912 allround.

Before i had bridgestone potenza and back end allways wanted to kick out in the wet but i must say the falkens have been great ok in the wet and ok dry.

That is only 2 tyres ive used on my type r so i cant compare to paradas.

Parada spec 2's are ordered for the front i managed to get a cracking price

Rears will be done soon aswell with paradas or maybe falkens

Depends how these perform

Might swap them and have paradas on back and find something better for the front

It's better to run matching tyres front and rear than mixing and matching if you can avoid it.

This is something i needed to know as i know many people in the sticky at the top have been running with different size specs

Im thinking of going for the Parada spec 2's in 205/40/17 purely because the cost is almost half of the 205/45/17 and im also running with OEM wheels plus the tread looks cool too!!!!

When people say that the ride wouldnt be the same with 205/40/17 compared to 205/45/17 on OEM Wheels.... What do they actually mean???

Well the 40 has a lower profile sidewall, by 10.25mm over the 45 profile.

Meaning less flex, but less shock absorption. So the ride will be harsher on 40 profiles.

Also, the speedo will over read as the tyre will have a smaller rolling radius.

The car will sit a bit lower, but your arch gap will be bigger.

Falken Ziex ZE 512 205 40 ZR 84W on mine the spedo will be 3.3% over reading. Slightly better in the wet I feel. Very harsh ride. They dont look as good as OEM fit I dont think. I would buy them again however.

So if i was to add 215/45/17 what would the 215 make a difference to? would it affect speedo or anything else or are they just slightly wider? sorry for all the stupid questions but if i can save money that would be brilliant!!!

Back