• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

205 Tyre on 7.5 width rim?

Does anybody know if a 205 tyre would stretch to fit a 7.5 rim?

Or should i fit a 215 as this is the proper width for this wheel?

Dude. I will probably be fitting 195 on my 8 and 205 on my 9's hahahaha. Matt Neal spat out his coffee, I just told him I need to be down with the kids yo!

I know, it should not be too extreme, I hope, still you know me I may just stick with 8's all round and only have a slight stretch.

Oh btw I had a great day driving round Silverstone yesterday with Matt Neal, Andrew Jordan and an empty track. Thanks to VXR racing for the loan of the Corsa and Astra. have to say the Corsa was pretty good. Unlike me, I was pretty average.

Lovely blokes too.

the buddy clubs i had on were 7.5 inch with 205 Toyo's i loved the look of the slightly stretched tyre, obviously not a proper stretch like G's but did suit the car

I had a 205/45/17 tyre set up on my old car, not a type r but a punto :rolleyes:

It was quite a harsh ride for a fairly small car.

The standard tyre size for a type r is 205/45/17.

i thought the standard wheel was only 7" wide ? i've gone back to standard now and they seem slightly more norrow to me

Yeah actually Neil you are right it's 7inch wide for a standard wheel.

I'm gonna go for it i think, those Buddyclubs did look good on yours Neil with 205's.:cool:

Back