• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

20mm drop!

Normal drop on Eibachs is 15mm (pictures in my thread) and Tein springs are 20mm rear and 15mm front (pictures in N77's thread).

Have you got your eye on some springs that say they are 20mm?

Hi mate, yeah I was lookin at either the eibach pro kit or at the lower end of the money scale there are some PI springs that are a 20mm drop! What would the difference in quality likely be?

I've also seen some apex springs for a 25mm drop! Would I be getting towards speed bump trouble territory with that kind of height change?

Right I'm either going to go for the tien 15/20mm springs or the apex 25mm! Has any one got any experience/opinions on either of these??

Sorry I've been mad busy today so not had chance to reply.

If you are using standard offset wheels and no spacers you'll be OK with that drop. You will catch the little plastic aero bits that hang down under the front splitter on some speed bumps as mine do now, but you won't catch anything important.

You will however catch the front splitter on kerbs if you get too close, so care is needed when parking etc.

If you are using standard offset wheels and no spacers you'll be OK with that drop. You will catch the little plastic aero bits that hang down under the front splitter on some speed bumps as mine do now, but you won't catch anything important.

You will however catch the front splitter on kerbs if you get too close, so care is needed when parking etc.

Thanks loxy! Have you got any idea what the ride quality would be like with the apex firings? It doesn't say anything about them being progressive whereas the tein and eibachs do!

I've not I'm afraid bud, you'll have to google some reviews. I don't know of anyone with them fitted. :lol:

Fun fact: these plastic aero bits are speed flaps, almost all modern cars have them. MR2s were on the crossover. Revision 5 mkII cars have them, and they make a MASSIVE difference. Such good little bits of aero plastic!

Seems they are a cheaper entry level type option, and may give a harsher ride! I like the idea of a 25mm drop though, is the only other option the apb eibach kit at 30mm? And can I get these or the tein springs from any of the traders on this forum?

hello mate, old thread i know but i hadn't really thought about getting an frsu done as i assumed this was just something that was nice to have if you were doing track days or just generally wanted to drive hard but i've been hearing more about it lately, i've rerad abit about the positives if having this done but what would be the negatives of not having it done? am i going to damage the car or increase trye wear? i'm not really after the fastest car around as i dont do track days and most of my driving is round town, i just want the more aggressive look you get with lowering!

thanks

FRSU won't damage the car any and these are my front tyres after 12,000 miles including a couple of track days.

tyta5era.jpg

FRSU won't damage the car any and these are my front tyres after 12,000 miles including a couple of track days.

tyta5era.jpg

Will there be any real negative impact of lowering without the frsu? Basically do I really need it if I'm going to lower? Can't really afford the camber arms right now!

Front camber bolts are about £30. Shims on the back are about £8 each but the big thing fitting the rears is labour.

Basically if you lower the car it should increase the camber as the arms are sitting higher to the car as the springs are shorter.

You could end up with a lot of wear on the insides of the tyres if it doesn't get corrected.

Front camber bolts are about £30. Shims on the back are about £8 each but the big thing fitting the rears is labour.

Basically if you lower the car it should increase the camber as the arms are sitting higher to the car as the springs are shorter.

You could end up with a lot of wear on the insides of the tyres if it doesn't get corrected.

Thanks loxy, I thought I read somewhere earlier that I needs adjustable camber arms for the rear at £130?

Where can I get hold of all the parts necessary to get this done? And do I need to provide the place doing it for me with the correct settings? I've also seen a few fn2 owners getting the front only done! Is that enough?

Rear camber arms are what you use on the EP3, it's different on the FN2 because of the torsion bar.

It depends how far the rear ones are out as to whether you can get away with just the fronts. That and you don't want to increase grip just on the front as it will upset the balance of the car. Think wet roundabouts.

Basic settings are usually around 1 deg camber front and rear, 1mm toe out at the front, 1mm toe in at the rear.

Ok thanks, last question! Where can I buy the bolts and shims and how much is it likely to cost me considering I already have my springs?

You'll have to drop places like TDi or ABP a bell. You can get the camber bolts from most online modding places but I haven't seen the shims readily for sale.

Fitting and alignment depends on where you take it and their labour rates.

Back