• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

225/45r17

Looking at getting the Michelin cross climate in the above size on standard ep3 wheels, standard ride height.

What are people's thoughts?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Should be alright, might need a bit of camber to stop it rubbing the arch at stock ride height.
As Jimbo said though, best off with 205 or 215.

If you're going that wide you'll want 40 profile to keep the rolling radius similar to OEM.

I have read that Potenza re05a are good and eagle f1, what would people recommend?

I prefer the Bridgestone's as they have a far stiffer side wall. Some others rate the Goodyear's but I'm not keen on them as they're not as stiff. Down to personal preference I suppose.
As for size I'd go for either stock (205/45 R17) or 215/45 R17.

Been having a look, think I might go for 215/45 eagle f1 asymmetric 2 xl with the reinforced sidewall

Been having a look, think I might go for 215/45 eagle f1 asymmetric 2 xl with the reinforced sidewall

I have those in 205/45, much better than most but wet grip isn't great when the tyres are cold.

I also have the F1A2's but in 215/40.
There are much better tyres, but its a great mid range tyre and they are cheap :lol:

I'm on my second set of Eagle F1s in 215/45, I love them. I've often though of 225/40s, I'm sure they would fit, but that size seems to be very expensive.

Back