• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

24/3/7 Seano's ROTREX SS Prefacelift - Stolen again!!

They must have known the state of tune your CTR was in when they came for it:( .steal a tuned fast car for a quick get away and one that doesn`t look too OTT on the road.there must be other CTR`s where you live that could have been taken,but maybe they knew yours was SC`d.I`ve seen reports of thiefs looking to modded car forums for their next free ride :( .

i suppose anyone can come on here,look around the forum,see owners location by their user name and look at the posts of what people have been fitting to there CTRs and what the cars look like.scout the local area and hey presto getaway car:( .

I hope you get you CTR back soon, safe and intact mate:cool:

Good news on getting it back, Sean. Really pleased to hear it.

Hopefully the ladies toes didn't have had the full 330bhp spinning over them, then thet might be alright! :)

Its not good getting a stolen car back as the thieves have probably abused the car, added loads of miles on and generally driven and treated it like ****.

ITs better to hope its never found and the insurance cough up for its glass trade value.

Difficult to say which two is the greater evil, getting the car back or having to wait for weeks before the insurance company will even look into the matter..

I guess at least this way you get your car back and if it doesnt feel right you can sell it on, and move on..

I do hope everything turns out well from now on..

She lives!

Only drove her for a mile on private roads (no number plates), but she seems to relatively unscathed and driving straight. Minor damge to nearside front wing, door and sidepanel, but everything else seems ok - and she sounds good.

She absolutely covered in the fingerprint stuff inside and out - no wonder forensics spent a couple of days on it. Can't say too much about what was found, but "I haven't worn a balacalva in 40 years, so no it's not mine Officer!"

There's a piccy in the other place that I need to resize and then I will post a couple here.

She's now in a private secure area.

Seano

Good news.
I bet you were sh!tting yourself when you took it out for the first time .. I would have.

Glad the rotrex beast is alright though.

Its not good getting a stolen car back as the thieves have probably abused the car, added loads of miles on and generally driven and treated it like ****.

ITs better to hope its never found and the insurance cough up for its glass trade value.

I'd agree if it was a stock car.

Problem being though when you've spent so much money in modifying it, you're gonna lose out big time.

Heavily modified cars, unless on an agreed value insurance policy, are always better off being found IMO. If you have a change of heart once you've got it back, you can always sell all the modifications and then sell the standard car.

Whats the Glass trade value of a 2003 Civic R? £7000? Less? :confused:

My 52 model registered 2003 with 26000 miles had a glass trade value of £9750 last month (Quote by Honda) and this month my HPI report says £9000

Last edited by a moderator:
I was offered £7500 for my 03 plate CTR with 26k on the clock (non AC)

Never heard about this first time around and have just been catching up - sorry to hear about this :(

Surely the same gang would not be stupid enought to come back a second time - Risk of getting caught and leaving matching forensic evidence must be much greater?

I wonder if it is an unrelated incident and you have just been very unfortunate? Either way, sorry to hear about this. Hope there is a good outcome

Back