• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

240-250bhp whats best?

Hi all

I've been looking around and on here for some time now at what people are doing with there own cars, but im a bit stuck on what's best to get 240-250 bhp

Now at the moment ive currently got M2 cat back {non res} and a k&N typhoon induction kit.

Ive currently got the tegiwa intake on the cards as i've seen people with good results from this.
for the past few weeks ive been looking at going down the charging route but have seen peoples experience saying that it ruins the handlng a bit due to lack of traction from the power output.
So i'm looking at what i need really to reach 240+ N/A and what you have found best and most cost efective, i cant be going down the De cat route either as i need the car to be able to pass the MOT without any issues

Sorry forgot to say its a pre facelift ep3
Any input is greatly appreciated

Last edited by a moderator:
most cost effective would be m2 inlet manifold, k100 remap and japspeed 4-2-1 exhaust manifold with your current cat back and filter will see 240+, just swap the exhaust manifold over for mot not that hard to do or find a friendly mot tester, personally i'd get rid of the k&n as well its a poorly designed filter suffering heat soak and the intake pipe is actually smaller than the throttle body.

If you want a sports cat manifold looking at a lot more money and slightly less power , piper or dc5 4-1 system being main options with jdm stuff being silly money

Yeah the K&N ill be going as soon as I get the tegiwa one sorted, I kinda know the cat issue would make it a little more complicated but I've known people locally get done by VOSA for no cat they seem to target cars pretty often prefer to not run the risk.

How much are we talking for a decent manifold with sports cat?

pipers come up now and again for 200-400 or dc5 maniolfd for around 200 ment to be decent gains if it's bored out, cheapest option just stick with oem manifold

240 could be had with just a decat 4-2-1, B-pipe and a remap. Maybe swap that typhoon out for a CAI or gruppe/teg M.

250 is achievable with additional intake manifold but would require a good strong engine. You'll probably find you need cams to break 250, most do.

I popped into tegiwa on monday and picked up the teg induction kit, its the only induction kit where you can actually tell that its doing something great piece of kit. Thats one down and many more to do.
I was looking at the piper manifolds and jeez they are expensive from new, was looking at just getting some pipework done to make a bolt in cat then ive got best of both worlds. My car is only currently on 88k miles, timing chain shoud be getting done end of may so hopefully the engine should be nice and strong. Been looking at another inlet but not sure weather to go for the M2 or the OEM RBC? cant quiet decide

I popped into tegiwa on monday and picked up the teg induction kit, its the only induction kit where you can actually tell that its doing something

Can you go into a bit more detail here? I'm intrigued as to what a Tegiwa induction kit can do that others can't.

Sam look into getting Tegiwa cat back or custom and then have a sports cat welded into the cat back. Piper is not the best header, if you don't mind that then look out for a second have one, or the dc5 mani. You'll struggle to get as much as 240bhp with a cell sports cat. Might just be possible on tdi rollers and 3" exhaust. Bear in mind this will cost thousands. Keep the OEM manifold and you could just about get 230 bhp on tdi rollers. 5.1 FD is another option to make it as quick as a 250bhp ep:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Can you go into a bit more detail here? I'm intrigued as to what a Tegiwa induction kit can do that others can't.

Well depends what kind of filters you are wanting to compare to? I have only ever had open filters never a closed induction so that's all I can compare to.
Throttle response has definitely improved, engine sounds a lot crisper and not a little dull, can obviously tell that it's getting cooler air in and not warm heat from the engine not a lot else I can really say

go for the m2 inlet mate your make more bhp and torque than the rbc, although the finsh is abit ***** it doe's the job

Not to bothered about the look of the engine bay as its already filthy, have been really looking At the m2 inlet seems to be roughly 4-6 weeks wait for one, I'm guessing all inlets need a map after being fitted? Or can they be fitted and work decent without one?

Has anyone had any experience with the japspeed 4-2 manifold?

Last edited by a moderator:
The 4-1 is a replica of the OEM header so won't give any gains, despite what it says in the description. Tdi north says it's worse than OEM

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

i was looking and thinking it was really similar to the OEM one thats what made me curious to if it is actually any better than standard one i'll make a decision on a manifold soon haha

Thought it could of been after i was looking at the other japspeed manifolds. Think im going to sort out the inlet manifold first then decide on the exhaust after.

Looking at the M2 inlet as its reasonably priced and has some pretty good reviews

Back