• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

2400cc engine from America

I think the price is based on a engine you supply them may be wrong though, not sure really seems too cheap not to be a supplied engine really that they do the work on to.

I guess a K20 aint that much to get wonder what the shipping would be though and then if you had problems ? sorting it out ? could be a costly exercise

But looks worth it for big power :lol:

8) Only question i would have would be why are they using OEM bearings for the crank... personally i would go for some ceramic jobbies or similar, the loads standard bearings are designed to run under will be a lot lower than those they are exposed to at 9000rpm :shock: :lol:

SOates82 said:
8) Only question i would have would be why are they using OEM bearings for the crank... personally i would go for some ceramic jobbies or similar, the loads standard bearings are designed to run under will be a lot lower than those they are exposed to at 9000rpm :shock: :lol:

But then surely as it's a balanced crank it would minimise the stress compared to OEM?

IIRC Laskey racing you can spec ACL bearings or similair as it can be a tailor made package?

It looks like thats an open deck block too. It your gonna go trurbo power Paul that will be a restriction in how much boost you can run. Cast iron cylinder liners will help, especially ones that are flanged at the top for extra strength.

Scousefella said:
Friendy said:
Have had several replies from companies that have been recommended to me from some of you, subject to clarifying the spec its looking like $3000 - $3800 shipped to me, that's for a 2.4 reving to 9000rpm with uprated internals. :twisted: :twisted:

Oh dear - I suspect there will soon be a pallet at the docks. :twisted:

How much Import Tax will you have to pay on that?

MilanoChris said:
Guys, before this turns into a "which tuner is better" thread please keep your comments constructive and to the point. If anyone has any personal vendettas against anyone without basis nor proof then those type of comments should be kept to ones self. I enjoy the "adult" manner in which we talk about tuning and it's effects on this site as I'm sure many other people do so please, and once again I stress (I'm only saying this as I've seen this type of thread go out of hand on other forums) please keep it in an adult manner.

No offence intended to anyone, and thanks.

:oops: :oops: :oops: :lol: :wink: ok.

It seems that the supercharger cannot process enough air for the 2.4 unless someone can tell me different. So at present still not sure what to do. :?

It seems that the supercharger cannot process enough air for the 2.4 unless someone can tell me different. So at present still not sure what to do. Confused

Use a different supercharger maybe.

Or Turbo it, then it will have all the power u will ever need, and also can be variable through a boost controller

Well it looks like I will be switching superchargers very soon going over to the dark world of the rotrex, want more power for the track, and the flexibility to have more power if I upgrade the engine and drive train.

Well it looks like I will be switching superchargers very soon going over to the dark world of the rotrex, want more power for the track, and the flexibility to have more power if I upgrade the engine and drive train.

Couldn't resist it then Paul :lol:

:twisted:

Looking forward to the end result Paul ;)

Made the mistake of going in Seize2 (Ollies) at Silverstone, the car can handle the power no problem, and if it was going to blow up it would have done it then, the difference was amazing, combine that with the weight difference of my car and I will be flying.

Back