• Registered users are encouraged to enable MFA/2FA to add an aditional layer of security to their account. More information can be found here: https://www.ncsc.gov.uk/collection/top-tips-for-staying-secure-online/activate-2-step-verification-on-your-email

3 problems in 5 minutes

hi people, firstly happy new year

had a right nightmare drive home from work tonight :mad: firstly i put my foot down in 2nd and at about 4500/5000 revs it seemed to kind of hit limiter and the EML came on :confused: so i slowed down and took it easy from then on, later on i tried tried hitting vtec again and it didnt kick in at all. when i got home i checked the oil and it did seem a little low so i topped it up.

secondly as i pulled up to a set of traffic lights my eps light came on, and the steering felt slighty restricted when turning, but then returned to normal and the eps went off but later came on again.

and lastly when driving along the duel carriage way i look at my speedo and notice i seem to be doing 0mph haha but at times it was jumping between 80-100mph (weird i know)

iv owned the car for nearly a year now and had no problems until now then 3 come along at once

thankyou for reading and would appriecate advice or ideas on what they could be

think it might all be 1 fault ? think EPS works off MPH, get fault codes read

VSS (vehicle speed sensor) fault perhaps? If that doesn't work, VTEC will not engage and the speedo will obviously be dodgy. Unsure how it can be connected to the EPS though.

i'm going to take a trip down to the garage on weekend, and get the fault codes read

thanks for the replies realy hoping its not going to be an expensive job straight after crimbo aswel,

VSS (vehicle speed sensor) fault perhaps? If that doesn't work, VTEC will not engage and the speedo will obviously be dodgy. Unsure how it can be connected to the EPS though.

on some cars the speed alters the steering stiffnes, hard to turn at high speeds, soft when parking at low speeds

Hi guys

Finally had time to have the car checked out so heres a Quick up date on the EML light been on, got the fault codes read today and it was the vss which I think Milanochris mentioned, so good work to you bud, I've got the part on order so be back to it's vtec best next weekend :D so then i can finally think about the FRSU so thanks for all the help guys much apprieated

Dean

Hi guys

Finally had time to have the car checked out so heres a Quick up date on the EML light been on, got the fault codes read today and it was the vss which I think Milanochris mentioned, so good work to you bud, I've got the part on order so be back to it's vtec best next weekend :D so then i can finally think about the FRSU so thanks for all the help guys much apprieated

Dean

God I'm good. :lol:

hi mate

im planning on using rasp in grimsby, does most of the work on my car, failing that i might have to take a couple hour drive to TDI north

Where in lincs sre you?

Dean

scunny mate,had mine done @ BSR motorsport in scotter if you want some where not to far.

might have to check them out then how much did you pay if you dont mind me asking?, i'm in scunny alot, the gf lives there and play footy there, i'll give you a beep if i see you :smt023

He fitted my eibach springs,front and rear camber bolts and rear ARB and did FRSU for £240. Which footy team you playing for ?

thats not a bad price, roll on payday. And i play for new holland rangers on a saturday, and barton broncos on a sunday.

hi people, firstly happy new year

had a right nightmare drive home from work tonight :mad: firstly i put my foot down in 2nd and at about 4500/5000 revs it seemed to kind of hit limiter and the EML came on :confused: so i slowed down and took it easy from then on, later on i tried tried hitting vtec again and it didnt kick in at all. when i got home i checked the oil and it did seem a little low so i topped it up.

secondly as i pulled up to a set of traffic lights my eps light came on, and the steering felt slighty restricted when turning, but then returned to normal and the eps went off but later came on again.

and lastly when driving along the duel carriage way i look at my speedo and notice i seem to be doing 0mph haha but at times it was jumping between 80-100mph (weird i know)

iv owned the car for nearly a year now and had no problems until now then 3 come along at once

thankyou for reading and would appriecate advice or ideas on what they could be

This happened to me yesterday in my dc5, think the rain/puddles has something to do with it though, firstly my speedo stopped working, reading 0 then eml light came on then vtec would not engage, I have a 5500rpm limiter atm :( not happy, possibly vss, o2 sensor, blown fuse... god knows, will try and resolve it tomorrow!

This happened to me yesterday in my dc5, think the rain/puddles has something to do with it though, firstly my speedo stopped working, reading 0 then eml light came on then vtec would not engage, I have a 5500rpm limiter atm :( not happy, possibly vss, o2 sensor, blown fuse... god knows, will try and resolve it tomorrow!

yea i think it might have something to do with weather, it was winter time when it happened to mine, i forgot to update this thread, i had the speed sensor changed and it worked for a week then the symtoms came back, mine ended up been abit of bad wiring from behind the dials where it was converted to mph, let me know how you got on

Back